Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

I'm presuming that most mature RB's and their Dads think they already know what they need to know and are confident in their own styles. As well, if the coach is not teaching these techniques then it is most likely viewed as not needed. The fact is that these techniques are not learned in one season. In fact, only a highly motivated player can acclimate to these moves from the Soph year on. But ideally are taught at the Optimist level. Hubbard and Castle have needs...but they won't be adressed. Mitchell Crowe is the only one I see who would have the open mind to master these drills. He already has speed...give him technique...he becomes the quintesential skill player.

Surely you are not suggesting Crowe above the upperclassmen on the depth chart? I'm sure he can be a fine player, but really? Now that I think of it, nothing would surprise me with South right now. This is the kind of thinking that have many fine players considering concentrating on school instead of football.

JHilts, I think if you will follow the subject line back to the original post you will see that this conversation had nothing to do with the depth chart. Brent and Jordan are both fine RB's with abilities that no underclassman can trump. That said, Mitchell Crowe will be on the field somewhere on offense.

Went to check out the new 'Topper stadium. Uh, it don't exist. They better get a move on if they want to play ball in it this season. The home side has the sun to it's back. But it looks like not too much room for a home side. But then I'm no engineer. Meanwhile the visitor side is spacious. I hope they don't put alluminum bleachers 'cause they have room to build a nice visitor side. Maybe the Islanders can chime in and give a play by play.

I'm calling sabotage...the stadium is being built by a Kingsport firm, after all :lol: I'm sure things will pick up once they get all the concrete work done, they've started on the fieldhouse and laying the foundation for the turf field. They still have the better part of 2 and half months. Click on the link to get a glimpse of the stadium design. http://www.jcschools.org/SHHS/card.pdf

Are the visitors bleachers new or a salvage job from what pre-existed at the track? And it must be a Kingsport firm because the visitors bleachers are small and not centered on the field. Looks like they will run from 25 yd. line to the 35 yd. line. What's up with that? Didn't want to move a light pole already in place? From looking at it while over there the other day, looks like you could have some problems with people watching the game from outside without paying admission. I bet that will make the AD happy.

The visitor's side bleachers are new. The old bleachers from the track are going to be put into one of the endzones for band seating.

Are new? Then that means they have already been purchased. Then that means modular bleachers for the visitors. :D

Went to check out the new 'Topper stadium. Uh, it don't exist. They better get a move on if they want to play ball in it this season. The home side has the sun to it's back. But it looks like not too much room for a home side. But then I'm no engineer. Meanwhile the visitor side is spacious. I hope they don't put alluminum bleachers 'cause they have room to build a nice visitor side. Maybe the Islanders can chime in and give a play by play.

I'm calling sabotage...the stadium is being built by a Kingsport firm, after all :D I'm sure things will pick up once they get all the concrete work done, they've started on the fieldhouse and laying the foundation for the turf field. They still have the better part of 2 and half months. Click on the link to get a glimpse of the stadium design. http://www.jcschools.org/SHHS/card.pdf

Are the visitors bleachers new or a salvage job from what pre-existed at the track? And it must be a Kingsport firm because the visitors bleachers are small and not centered on the field. Looks like they will run from 25 yd. line to the 35 yd. line. What's up with that? Didn't want to move a light pole already in place? From looking at it while over there the other day, looks like you could have some problems with people watching the game from outside without paying admission. I bet that will make the AD happy.

The visitor's side bleachers are new. The old bleachers from the track are going to be put into one of the endzones for band seating.

Are new? Then that means they have already been purchased. Then that means modular bleachers for the visitors. :lol:

Ok, they will be new. As in they are suppose to be permanent, not like what you find on the visitors side of DB's stadium. As for their location, they do appear to be centered on the 45 yard line. Probably due to the existing lights, as well as the small parking lot and storage building nearby that services the track.

Shame on Central for allowing a DI athlete to slip away. But kudos to young Crowder for his accomplishment. My understanding is that Crowder Sr. worked for years to help the Central program pull itself up by it's bootstraps. But in the end succombed to too much internal bleeding. Sometimes you have to do what is best for the young man.

I understand DB's new transfer is a scat back. Word is that CS will be moved to fullback.

I think they may just change the whole offense and not use a fullback unless it's some kind of goal line deal.We will all see how it plays out real quick in a few weeks.If they get all the T's crossed and the transfer is good to go,,man this 6'2'' 200 plus pounder is a football player and I wouldn't let him off the field unless it is ''game over'' on the scoreboard. I've never seen a player block on the back side in a practice with that much determination.That shows me that he is a team player with our without the ball.He doesn't dodge anyone when it comes to running,blocking or tackling either.With him and Chris back there together and Seabolt at QB,plus DB still has some other very good athletes returning to add to their wideout and backfield weaponry,this very well could be one of DB's most athletic teams ever.My million dollar question is how many DB boys are working on the line and will the depth be there.If they put the time in that Hayworth does,we will be fine.

Mr. Johnson at GT is not the inovator everyone thinks he is. Tony DeMayo at DII Charleston has been running this offense for years. And years before he got to Charleston. You take the triple option and put it in the spread and put people in motion and run around in the backfield for a while then after a grace period you cross the line of scrimmage. In my view it is rediculous. However, at the high school level at this juncture in time, DB will be ultra successful with it. Why? Simply because of assignment football...or the lack of. To defend against this offense a DC must make his D11 play assignment football. Miss your assignment and you have a 30 yard gain. Somebody has to take the dive back...everytime. Somebody has to take the pitch back...everytime. And somebody has to take the QB...everytime. Take meaning tackle. Sooner or later somebody will screw up. Most likely it will be sooner. Because assignment football is no longer taught. Flying to the ball is taught. It will seem redundant to tackle someone who does not have the ball. And the mistake will be made. So instead of being a 3 yards and a cloud of dust, DB will take this offense and turn it into a rush fest...simply because no one will be able to defend it properly. If anyone else was running it I would say good luck keeping up with the scoring capability of the spread. But, I fear DB will take this offense west. CS is built for this offense. Granted, he is fronted by a larger, faster, more agile back still his straight-ahead style is just what Dr. Clark ordered for this offense. CS is not a spread RB...and never will be. He is a north/south runner and this offense is taylor made for his senior year. Derick Steele...transfer to South or Science Hill 'cause you ain't gettin' the ball. Actually, it stands to reason that Clark would make this choice in the November of his career. If he doesn't pull this one off he will be joining Mr. Fulmer. And I think everyone agrees it is time. But I aplaud his last ditch effort for a state bid. He chose the right offense at the right time. He got himself a nice new transfer and he finally figured out that his star RB needed the right offense. Stacy might have Spurrier and a Jumbo Tron but Clark has a combination that will embaress everyone...at least everyone that has a place to sit.