Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Ya gotta admit though, Clark's quote from the paper was priceless, but I very well know how a flag can ruin a drive. TN High vs Boone 2 should have been 30 to 14, but a holding call took one back.

I agree it should have been something like 30 to 14, except with the other team coming out on top. :rolleyes:

I've blocked most of that game from memory so I don't remember the legitimacy of the holding call.

Edited by THSVikings2004

It would be interesting if Science Hill & South were to pair up against each other in the jamboree (waste of time). Both teams trying to show off and run the score up on each other. What a "hoot" that would be.

I don't really care for the jamboree either. I heard that they were going to use the same pairings as last year.

I agree it should have been something like 30 to 14, except with the other team coming out on top. :rolleyes:

I've blocked most of that game from memory so I don't remember the legitimacy of the holding call.

Initial shock and "Um...what's going on here" tend to do that. In all fairness we were like that the first game against you. Your QB was landing balls on a dime 50 yards away.

Initial shock and "Um...what's going on here" tend to do that. In all fairness we were like that the first game against you. Your QB was landing balls on a dime 50 yards away.

I don't remember any of that.

You know, with the change in the playoffs it's possible that Daniel Boone or Dobyns-Bennett may have to face a Big 8 opponent in the first round of the playoffs. I'm not sure if I like that idea, but a good team should be able to handle all comers whether they're non-district opponents or not. Imagine DB and Science Hill playing in the first round.

I've seen the new Science Hill helmet design. It has a rainbow stripe down the center and a rebel flag on the sides.

Either you're brilliant or brilliantly funny, or who knows you may only be a 7th grader. But, I FOUND THIS TO BE HILLARIOUS, seriously. And no disrespect intended to anyone at SH. This was just pure funny!

Saw this on TriCitiesSports.com... figured it would be of some interest

TSSAA Adopts New Concussion Policy

TriCitiesSports.com

July 21, 2010

HERMITAGE -- The Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association is implementing a new concussion policy that all member schools must follow beginning with the 2010-11 school year. The TSSAA Board of Control passed the policy unanimously during a conference call on Wednesday, July 21, 2010.

It is very important that every administrator, coach, parent, official, athlete, and health-care provider know the symptoms and steps to take when dealing with student-athletes that display signs of a possible concussion. Concussions can be a serious health issue and should be treated as such.

“We are very pleased that our Board of Control has taken this proactive approach and given our schools clear direction as to how we address this issue,†stated Bernard Childress, Executive Director. “It is our feeling that the concussion policy keeps athletics at our level in the proper perspective – safety of student-athletes first and foremost.â€

TSSAA is asking the administration of every TSSAA/TMSAA member school to meet with their coaching staff immediately and implement this policy prior to the beginning of the 2010-11 sports season. The state office will distribute this information to as many officials, athletic trainers, and health-care providers as possible. We ask that school personnel do the same in their area. This information should also be given to all parents and student-athletes.

Detailed information, including the language drafted by the NFHS (National Federation of State High School Associations) that will be included in every sport rule book publication, can be found on the TSSAA website (www.tssaa.org) by clicking on the “Concussion Rule†link.

The NFHS has also developed a free 20-minute course online entitled “Concussion In Sport – What you Need to Know†that we encourage every individual to take. It can be accessed at www.nfhslearn.com.

I don't remember any of that.

You know, with the change in the playoffs it's possible that Daniel Boone or Dobyns-Bennett may have to face a Big 8 opponent in the first round of the playoffs. I'm not sure if I like that idea, but a good team should be able to handle all comers whether they're non-district opponents or not. Imagine DB and Science Hill playing in the first round.

So I am imagining that none of that occurred from the newspaper reports and the thread that was deleted after we beat you? My bad ;)

Seriously, I like the renewed rivalry, should make for some great TN High vs South vs Boone games. Big 8 is so much better than being down there with the Morristowns and Cocke County stuff.

As a former reb I believe Boone is the team to beat this year... A little bit of irony for ya... Coach Jenkins was on the staff the year we started the streak vs Boone in 2000... I usually don't make it out to watch other teams in the area, but I'm gonna try to catch the Boone v db game

I hope all the south fans jump on the Boone Bandwagon and show up for this game. DB always plays its best football in front of rebel fans.

• Upvote 1