Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Boone will have a good team,but replacing that linebacker is not going to happen.You still have some fine players however.I thought your all conference end, dash QB had a great game against us and he will be back.Even if Boone has a better team,they will have a much bigger challenge from both 6A teams this year in trying to take the crown.

Boone will have a good team,but replacing that linebacker is not going to happen.You still have some fine players however.I thought your all conference end, dash QB had a great game against us and he will be back.Even if Boone has a better team,they will have a much bigger challenge from both 6A teams this year in trying to take the crown.

I have to agree . . . I believe DB and SH both will be much improved.

Hey now...Volunteer wasn't that bad. That was probably one if not their best team. I can't argue with you against the quality, but it just means that someone has to step up. Look at South, people were wondering if their QB all-stars would end and heck, it never did. I don't know about reupping any blood pressure medicine. The kids either show up and play or they don't... you know that from experience as well Cap. 5 Starters gone, everyone else is back. The 5 they lost were some good kids, and the MLB will be where you look to, but everything else is there and back. I just hope they take it one week at a time and don't look ahead to those big games (South, SH, DB, THS) because they need to show they are dominate.

If not, I don't really have a dog in the race besides being a fan. I think it'll be a good few years for the Boone boys, and I think that 4th place is to low for my boys. I'll stick to my guns and you can quote me if you want, but they should be 1st or 2nd this year, the talent is there.

I can’t argue with you, and that was a good point you made about the QBs at South. I look forward to another exciting season. I do have to say that it’s funny how the tone of the preseason posts this year are almost identical to last year’s, with Boone taking South’s spot as the preseason favorite, followed by the two 6A schools. I also notice that once again… no one makes mention of the Vikings anywhere near the top 3 spots… just like last year. And once again I would think Stubbs is perfectly alright with that. :roflolk:

I can’t argue with you, and that was a good point you made about the QBs at South. I look forward to another exciting season. I do have to say that it’s funny how the tone of the preseason posts this year are almost identical to last year’s, with Boone taking South’s spot as the preseason favorite, followed by the two 6A schools. I also notice that once again… no one makes mention of the Vikings anywhere near the top 3 spots… just like last year. And once again I would think Stubbs is perfectly alright with that. :roflolk:

Well Cap, I will fix that right now.

Tell us, where are those two guys going and a huge congrats to both. It makes their families, school, community, and the conference proud to get such an offer! I think that is just awesome for TN High.

Well Cap, I will fix that right now.

Tell us, where are those two guys going and a huge congrats to both. It makes their families, school, community, and the conference proud to get such an offer! I think that is just awesome for TN High.

I heard they're both going to UT but I guess it will be confirmed or not on Friday.

Sounds like the Vikings had a rough day. Meanwhile DB looked rather perky. Canon was the workhorse. It looks like he can do it all. Quick, fast, agile, good hands, power...anything I left out. Halls is obviously down this year. The new offense was not in shotgun fashion. Under center all day. Sebolt can throw. This offense will give D's a headache this season. Polly from Utah did not look overly strong...but is quick on his feet. Has good lateral movement. Follows the ball well. Halls had trouble with DB's front D. But one run impressed me the most and one pattern the worst. Both by Swafford. He choked on the reception. But his rush was one of the best combined RB efforts I have seen since '08. This kid is small and agile. Quick, sees the field. Did I say agile? He fired a spin move on a would be tackler and bought himself 10 more yards. Textbook. DB has the backfield...say no more.

Sounds like the Vikings had a rough day. Meanwhile DB looked rather perky. Canon was the workhorse. It looks like he can do it all. Quick, fast, agile, good hands, power...anything I left out. Halls is obviously down this year. The new offense was not in shotgun fashion. Under center all day. Sebolt can throw. This offense will give D's a headache this season. Polly from Utah did not look overly strong...but is quick on his feet. Has good lateral movement. Follows the ball well. Halls had trouble with DB's front D. But one run impressed me the most and one pattern the worst. Both by Swafford. He choked on the reception. But his rush was one of the best combined RB efforts I have seen since '08. This kid is small and agile. Quick, sees the field. Did I say agile? He fired a spin move on a would be tackler and bought himself 10 more yards. Textbook. DB has the backfield...say no more.

Well its like you said on the other thread compusat. "you can't inject stock into a scrimmage". Tennessee High looked equally bad in last years scrimmages but ended up going undefeated in regular season. Not bad even in upper east tn. Last year DB didn't look to bad in scrimmages but ended up with their worst season in 30 years. But I agree that DB has the players this year to get back to playing "DB FOOTBALL" All reports say that the line has hit the weight room pretty hard in the off season (something thats been missing the past two years) Defensive coaches in this area will have to do their homework this year against DB. No more spending the entire week drilling their defense to gang tackle #32 on every play. Clark gave us another famous quote today at media day (talking about last season) "Even Betty Crocker burns a cake ever now and then"

Well its like you said on the other thread compusat. "you can't inject stock into a scrimmage". Tennessee High looked equally bad in last years scrimmages but ended up going undefeated in regular season. Not bad even in upper east tn. Last year DB didn't look to bad in scrimmages but ended up with their worst season in 30 years. But I agree that DB has the players this year to get back to playing "DB FOOTBALL" All reports say that the line has hit the weight room pretty hard in the off season (something thats been missing the past two years) Defensive coaches in this area will have to do their homework this year against DB. No more spending the entire week drilling their defense to gang tackle #32 on every play. Clark gave us another famous quote today at media day (talking about last season) "Even Betty Crocker burns a cake ever now and then"

Jack, I really can't get over how impressed I was with Swafford. But do you remember a book entitied "Sniglets" by Rich Halls in the 80's? Maybe you should put all of Clarks "quotes" together and call it "Clarks Fables". Hey, I'd buy one.

Batman, this is for you and any other knowledgeable, sensible in the know people in Highland. Jack, understand this is not a slur. But there were about 2500 people at the scrimmage. There were no parking spaces. The stadium was only 1/3 full. Do you think the the city would be willing to use KATS to ferry people to and from Fort Henry Mall Parking lot in order to help with parking? I wonder if the AD has a plan already? I mean it was bad today but when you pack 10,000 people in there....well all you have to do is look around and count the parking spaces in your block to get an idea of what will happen.