Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

We got your tune up games.

Your two are two tough ones, no doubt on that. Maybe I should call it a working the kinks out games and getting confidence? South comes and that one maybe the one that is circled the most for Boone fans this year. 10 years, playoff and regular season losses...it's time for Boone to step up.

They have started with a more solid end zone bleachers.I look forward to seeing what they do on the visitor side.I still don't see them going past the 37 yard line at the scoreboard end however.I hope that they are plenty big enough so we don't have to see another Tennessee High game with people standing all around the fence.

Just wait till you come to Boone...no idea how we are going to get you guys in there. Standing room only is putting it mildly.Bleachers from the softball and baseball fields will be brought it, but your band will not be able to have the whole section. If you do bring them all it would take up most of the visitor's side.

Great game to watch that night, no room to stand or breathe.

Cap, I heard THS will scrimmage Knox West @ Carson Newman on Friday. Have you heard of any other scrimmages they have planned?

What’s up 04’… looks like me you and 11 gonna have to hold it down for the Vikings this year.

Capitanno...Nice to have you back. How are the young men? Not many Vikings here anymore. '04 comes around just to pay child support otherwise he steers clear of all the posturing. Anyway, it's almost football time in Tennessee.

Comp my man… what’s happenin! I’ve been popping in every so often to check the tone of things… but it’s time to throw a little hot sauce on things. You’re right… it’s football time in Tennessee! By the way... the boys are good to go. Last dance for Shaud at State and Corey will be in his second year of A-- whoopins up on the mountain at LMC. :roflol:

Kept a whole lot more than they lost Cap. I can see the Blazers being mighty tough this year. They haven't really been in this seat so it is really too tough to tell. I see them as better than 4th. Heck, loads of surprises from the team got them a 3rd place spot. I think the tune up games of Seymour and Cherokee will set the tone for the South game, and then we just go from there.

Nice to see ya Cap, Week 9 is a long ways away.

Now Blazer... lets be realistic here. You must mean they kept a whole lot more than they loss in quantity… because the loss in QUALITY was immense. I hope you re-upped your blood pressure meds Blazer… I have a feeling you’re gonna need them this year. Week nine IS a long way off... but I guarantee there's not another game that coach Stubs wants to get back more than the Boone game that ended our season last year. Well... now that I think about it... there was the Volunteer debacle the year before that. <_<

Comp my man… what’s happenin! I’ve been popping in every so often to check the tone of things… but it’s time to throw a little hot sauce on things. You’re right… it’s football time in Tennessee! By the way... the boys are good to go. Last dance for Shaud at State and Corey will be in his second year of A-- whoopins up on the mountain at LMC. :roflol:

Congrats' to them for keeping Papa proud! Tuff row to hoe as we all know. Looks like Sept. 24th will be a nice visit for 3 of us to the Castle. DB, South and the Carter Fold are idle that week. Would like to make it to CN this Friday. If not a good report would do a Rebel good. Back to work...

Is anybody going to Carson Newman for the scrimmage against Knox West friday morning? THS has 3 new players--2 brothers from Maryville High School, and an OLB from Alabama

I probably won't be able to make it. Hopefully a few West fans will attend.

11, do you know the names or positions of those Murville kids?

Now Blazer... lets be realistic here. You must mean they kept a whole lot more than they loss in quantity… because the loss in QUALITY was immense. I hope you re-upped your blood pressure meds Blazer… I have a feeling you’re gonna need them this year. Week nine IS a long way off... but I guarantee there's not another game that coach Stubs wants to get back more than the Boone game that ended our season last year. Well... now that I think about it... there was the Volunteer debacle the year before that. <_<

Hey now...Volunteer wasn't that bad. That was probably one if not their best team. I can't argue with you against the quality, but it just means that someone has to step up. Look at South, people were wondering if their QB all-stars would end and heck, it never did. I don't know about reupping any blood pressure medicine. The kids either show up and play or they don't... you know that from experience as well Cap. 5 Starters gone, everyone else is back. The 5 they lost were some good kids, and the MLB will be where you look to, but everything else is there and back. I just hope they take it one week at a time and don't look ahead to those big games (South, SH, DB, THS) because they need to show they are dominate.

If not, I don't really have a dog in the race besides being a fan. I think it'll be a good few years for the Boone boys, and I think that 4th place is to low for my boys. I'll stick to my guns and you can quote me if you want, but they should be 1st or 2nd this year, the talent is there.

1st or 2nd will be tough this year. As I said earlier, the conference is stacked pretty good. DB and Boone have to be the front runners pre-season. I expect SH to be much improved, but can SC turn the ship completely around in one season. Never count out TH.

I will defend Boone here though...the upcoming senior class is one of the best and deepest I've seen. They can replace what they've lost.