Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Batman, this is for you and any other knowledgeable, sensible in the know people in Highland. Jack, understand this is not a slur. But there were about 2500 people at the scrimmage. There were no parking spaces. The stadium was only 1/3 full. Do you think the the city would be willing to use KATS to ferry people to and from Fort Henry Mall Parking lot in order to help with parking? I wonder if the AD has a plan already? I mean it was bad today but when you pack 10,000 people in there....well all you have to do is look around and count the parking spaces in your block to get an idea of what will happen.

Well the city spent a little over 1/2 million dollars ruining the parking lot. Sure, its pretty, but they took away its purpose. I don't think it will be that big a deal though. DB still has pretty good parking for a high school stadium. Just about every high school football game you go to never has ample parking. The extra walking will be good for all the fat people. And trust me......the AD has no clue.

Batman, this is for you and any other knowledgeable, sensible in the know people in Highland. Jack, understand this is not a slur. But there were about 2500 people at the scrimmage. There were no parking spaces. The stadium was only 1/3 full. Do you think the the city would be willing to use KATS to ferry people to and from Fort Henry Mall Parking lot in order to help with parking? I wonder if the AD has a plan already? I mean it was bad today but when you pack 10,000 people in there....well all you have to do is look around and count the parking spaces in your block to get an idea of what will happen.

Comp, it's a maze, not a parking lot.

The parking should be ample at the new Kermit Tipton stadium.

I can't wait to see the new stadium! At this point I think Greenville holds the title for best all around high school football experience in this region. :thumb:

Edited by Cap1

I can't wait to see the new stadium! At this point I think Greenville holds the title for best all around high school football experience in this region. :thumb:

Out of no where you have this nice cool compact stadium where you feel like you are on the field. I have to say I still enjoy Burke Tourney Stadium....but come on now Cap, you know dang well nothing beats the Castle.

Out of no where you have this nice cool compact stadium where you feel like you are on the field. I have to say I still enjoy Burke Tourney Stadium....but come on now Cap, you know dang well nothing beats the Castle.

I'd have to agree with you about Burley Stadium. It is a great place to watch a game, of course I'm biased as a Greeneville fan! Burke Toney is a pretty good stadium too.

If you could combined the outside of the Castle with the inside of Greeneville with a few more new facilities and size,that would be a pretty nice stadium.So I guess all TH needs to do is rework their seats and field to have it all.Dobyns Bennett holds by far the largest and has one of the best fields like Greeneville,but you are either off the field more on the home side or at one end on the visitor side.The band,walk and everything about watching a game at J Fred,makes it unbeatable for DB fans however.

If you could combined the outside of the Castle with the inside of Greeneville with a few more new facilities and size,that would be a pretty nice stadium.So I guess all TH needs to do is rework their seats and field to have it all.Dobyns Bennett holds by far the largest and has one of the best fields like Greeneville,but you are either off the field more on the home side or at one end on the visitor side.The band,walk and everything about watching a game at J Fred,makes it unbeatable for DB fans however.

I always thought it would look too anachronistic for turf to be inside the Stone Castle. At least with grass it can still maintain an ancient or historic look.

Greeneville has a great facility although it wouldn't hurt to add a few more lights near the endzones.

The only thing that happens in Greenevilles stadium is you get ripped off. Plus the turf has this sheen on it that produces a glare that is very annoying in person and ruins tape. I don't see how anyone could compare it to the Castle. The Castle is the best. DB let some stupid politicians ruin their field. And South is wonderful except it needs more light. All this is before we see the new 'Topper facility.

Anyway, Boone and JC are playing on Friday the 20th. DB plays on Thursday at J. Fred. Yes, I will be there. And Bristol and DB are off on Friday the 20th. South will most likely be packed.

I understand we don't have a plan B for the backup QB. I would have expected Sam to step in and lay down the law on this one. Switching JC to slot after the Black Bird went down was a logically good decision. He shouldn't miss a beat. But our current depth chart at General has me worried. Some of my cronies prefer PW back there citing his Intelligence Quotient as the trump card. I personally see the Black Sheep as the multi-function athlete. I know he is a personal foul waiting to happen but I stand by him. In my experience when you have a problem individual giving them tremendous responsibilities usually brings out their best. I say this is the year we put him to the test. What do we have to lose. I understand our defense is rather impressive. I understand our offense had not quite jelled yet. So what else is new.

The only thing that happens in Greenevilles stadium is you get ripped off. Plus the turf has this sheen on it that produces a glare that is very annoying in person and ruins tape. I don't see how anyone could compare it to the Castle. The Castle is the best. DB let some stupid politicians ruin their field. And South is wonderful except it needs more light. All this is before we see the new 'Topper facility.

Anyway, Boone and JC are playing on Friday the 20th. DB plays on Thursday at J. Fred. Yes, I will be there. And Bristol and DB are off on Friday the 20th. South will most likely be packed.

I understand we don't have a plan B for the backup QB. I would have expected Sam to step in and lay down the law on this one. Switching JC to slot after the Black Bird went down was a logically good decision. He shouldn't miss a beat. But our current depth chart at General has me worried. Some of my cronies prefer PW back there citing his Intelligence Quotient as the trump card. I personally see the Black Sheep as the multi-function athlete. I know he is a personal foul waiting to happen but I stand by him. In my experience when you have a problem individual giving them tremendous responsibilities usually brings out their best. I say this is the year we put him to the test. What do we have to lose. I understand our defense is rather impressive. I understand our offense had not quite jelled yet. So what else is new.

Probably the lighting wasn't good enough for the refs that night.We have got a few bad calls at our own house

If a need arises the first half of the season, I believe "spud" Rogers would direct the attack in a similar fashion as we recall from that season. I have not heard anything to indicate someone else is being groomed as the guy. 7 on 7, 2nd team reps are going to Chuck Moore who has a good arm and understudies under QB molder Jim Phillips, but size and quickness might be critical factors at the varsity level at this time IMO.