The Pirates from SP Spring Workouts/Scrimmages

OLD PIRATE

I was talking to a few of the younger players for the Pirates over the past couple of weeks, and I am REALLY impressed. They conduct themselves like seniors and speak of the football program with pride. I want to take a minute and say job well done to Vic and the gang. They really do a great job of making men out of these young boys. During our conversations, I hear "yes sir", and "thank you sir", and I appreciate you keeping up with the program sir and following us". Sometimes as a fan, I question things, but ultimately Vic and the gang need more recognition. :roflolk:

• 2 weeks later...

Supposed to be Sat at Signal Mtn. Last year it started mid morning and went to mid afternoon. Us going is not a sure thing at this point.

First practice is today at 6 PM

Here is the info copied off the Signal Mountain Football team website. Should be fun to watch.

Signal Mountain High School will host its second annual 7 on 7 passing competition, sponsored by Glen Veigh Medical, on Saturday July 17.Competition starts at 10am on three different fields. There will be 12 teams participating in the event; Signal Mountain, Red Bank, Chattanooga Central, McCallie, Cleveland, Bradley Central, South Pittsburg, East Ridge, Rhea County, Ridgeland (the defending champions), Soddy Daisy and Hixson. Teams will alternate competing until 12:20. They will break for lunch and then compete for overall champion in a blind draw format.

• Upvote 1

Here is the info copied off the Signal Mountain Football team website. Should be fun to watch.

Signal Mountain High School will host its second annual 7 on 7 passing competition, sponsored by Glen Veigh Medical, on Saturday July 17.Competition starts at 10am on three different fields. There will be 12 teams participating in the event; Signal Mountain, Red Bank, Chattanooga Central, McCallie, Cleveland, Bradley Central, South Pittsburg, East Ridge, Rhea County, Ridgeland (the defending champions), Soddy Daisy and Hixson. Teams will alternate competing until 12:20. They will break for lunch and then compete for overall champion in a blind draw format.

Dad burnit.............Old Pirate is having to learn how to work this brand new coacht board agin. Sure nuff was a long 5 days for OP. The SS (skillet slinger) done come around figuring OP was lonely since theys no internet chatter for so long wanting her cage rattled way too much. :roflol:

Least ways it sure nuff was good to see them youngons out there a running round. Theys still look like they will have to out run most folkes. OP still ain't seen any that looks ready for Popeye commercials likes them fellers in Jasvgas is reportedly looking. :cry:

Pirates 2010 preseason schedule - subject to change

Mon July 12 - Start summer drills - 6 PM daily

Sat July 17 - 7 on 7 tournament @ Signal Mtn 9 AM CT - mid afternoon

Thur July 22 - 7 on 7 tournament @ Hixson - late afternoon (TBA)

Mon July 26 - 1st day in pads

Fri July 30 - scrimmage @ Bradley Central - late afternoon (TBA)

Fri Aug 6 - scrimmage @ Sequatchie County - 5 PM CT

August 13 – Jamboree @ South Pittsburg (H) - 6 PM CT

Tues August 17 – Scrimmage vs Cornersville (H) - late afternoon (TBA)

I really thing people are going to be surprised especially with the O-line. These young men have been working hard and now it is almost time to strap it up. Even though the Pirates have lost some leadership I think they have a new mindset and that is not to look pretty all the time but to punish teams. It should be real interesting and we will know soon.

I really thing people are going to be surprised especially with the O-line. These young men have been working hard and now it is almost time to strap it up. Even though the Pirates have lost some leadership I think they have a new mindset and that is not to look pretty all the time but to punish teams. It should be real interesting and we will know soon.

Uncle Dave says we should not brag on these Pirates just yet...some huge holes were left from the graduating seniors. This will be a different team just like every year and they will need to earn their respect week by week. I am hoping their mindset has changed from last year...every game has to be played on the field...not on paper or on CoachT!!!

Edited by UncleDave

Uncle Dave says we should not brag on these Pirates just yet...some huge holes were left from the graduating seniors. This will be a different team just like every year and they will need to earn their respect week by week. I am hoping their mindset has changed from last year...every game has to be played on the field...not on paper or on CoachT!!!

I pray that their line will do better than they did against Polk last year. That was an inexcusable drilling.

I pray that their line will do better than they did against Polk last year. That was an inexcusable drilling.

Old Pirate says it appears the Pirates have lost some in the weight house activities. Recon 2 whoppings by stronger teams last year is a indicator the Pirates are not as physical as some teams in the past. Now....this is a new year but with No huge numbers coming from the Speedway weight house, figure theys counting on speed agin. That's not a bad thing, better to have it than not.

:thumb: