Emmanuel Andrews

Wildcats5454

I know this isn't what you want to hear SCHS2010, but the reason you are getting Lawrence Co.'s story is because they were the one's who witnessed the whole situation. The players from SCHS and the fans from LCHS are the one's who really saw the whole thing. Unless the whole basketball team denied the, "going into the student section of LCHS" the powers that be had to look at the facts given. It might have been different if Shelbyville would have witnessed what really happened down there. They would understand why this punishment is just, but they weren't down there so it is hard for them to have a side to the story other than what the basketball team says.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i understand, i just feel that if what was presented is just accusations from both sides not a fair punishment was made..i could of made up anything and told tssaa and they could have believed it.. in my eyes it's just not fair.

All you have in a situation like this are the observations of fans, etc. If a video existed that the TSSAA used, that showed the fight, then I am not aware of it. The only video I have been told about shows the LCHS fans back at the bleachers before anything else happened. I don;t know if the TSSAA was shown that film or any film. You are left with the independent observations that you compare to find common ground. The TSSAA will never tell what that based their decision on, specifically.

The TSSAA did have a film. I am not sure what it showed but they did have one. There was another film to be sent but my understanding is that the punishment was already decided before it had a chance to get there.

The TSSAA did listen to the administration from both sides and some comments from fans.

Not sure what they based their findings on but those things

I never read anything that specifically said Bobby was involved and if I did I just don't remember. So Bobby was suspended from school for a half day? Is Andrews and the other players suspended from school or from just playing basketball. I wasn't aware they were out of school.

none of them are suspended from school. emmanuel and qua allen are suspended for the rest of the season.. bobby was told that he was suspended today for the season and then by the end of the day he wasn't anymore, so i don't know how that came about..everyone was and is pretty upset about this all.. i just hope things get straightened out and official decisions are made completely..

How can you say that Shelbyville wasn't there to witness it. THE GAME WAS AT OUR GYM. and the side that their student section was located is the home side of our gym.. so please tell me how we didn't witness anything and we don't know what happened. Lawrence county's student section is also located right beside the front lobby where our fans stand in that doorway..please tell me..

Was you in the student section for Shelbyville?

no, the doorway of the front lobby that i just discussed waiting on the players.. this is how i know that many people from shelbyville were around.. and like i said not to mention that it happened on the home side of the gym.

no, the doorway of the front lobby that i just discussed waiting on the players.. this is how i know that many people from shelbyville were around.. and like i said not to mention that it happened on the home side of the gym.

Home side of the gym?? it happened in the student section of the visitors!!

Also in the back corner away from all the attention. All the attention was focused on the coach from Shelbyville when he was being confronted by the SRO from LCHS for the other incident. There were hardly any eyes on the players until they charged in. You can't tell me that Everybody in that gym was looking in the back corner at the players when Shelbyville's coach was being confronted like that can you?

I have tried to not comment on this particular subject because I didn't see it. I can say though that an apology would not necessarily be necessary. Even though he didn't intend to do it it could have possibly been avoided. In that case you don't have to apologize. Your throwing a ball in the house. You break your mom's favorite vase. It was an accident and you didn't mean it. You say your sorry. Your mom whips you. How many times does she say sorry? The broken vase could've been avoided. The cheerleader getting pushed down also could've been avoided.

That's my point guys. The father admitted that it was not malicious. I just find it odd that no one from LC can admit that their accusations of assault were not true. If the Principal is expected to apologize for his words the people who accused the coach of assault should be expected to do the same. I am not trying to argue with you. I am trying to understand why no one from LC can admit that they wrongly crucified the coach on this site for something that the parents decided was "not malicious".

Is that so hard to understand? Can no one from LC step up and admit that they were wrong with their accusations of assault?

This is the definition of Assault-: a threat or attempt to inflict offensive physical contact or bodily harm on a person (as by lifting a fist in a threatening manner) that puts the person in immediate danger of or in apprehension of such harm or contact

The way I comprehend this is any threat or unwanted contacted between two individuals. So whether the contact was unintentional or intentional, technically it is assault. I do not personally know the parents of the cheerleader, but by "not malicious" I believe they think the force used to knock the LCHS cheerleader down was unintentional. It is still assault.

I would also like to say that this rivalry will be one that will last, and I personally can't wait for the next time LCHS plays SCHS in any sport. Soccer, football, baseball, basketball, bowling, tennis, etc. will be exciting because of this Wildcat Eagle Rivalry.

Home side of the gym?? it happened in the student section of the visitors!!

the visitor student section sits at the end of our home side of the gym..and our student section sits at the end our their side of the gym.. which is why our student sections got moved after this incident to prevent future problems.. it's been this way for years.