The ALCOA Challenge

SECfighter

I'm going to have to side with Alcoa on this one. Being from TC, we know how difficult it is to put together a schedule. No team classified higher wants to play, because of fear of getting dominated by a smaller school, and of course, nobody below wants to play. I think you can find all the comp. you want within the state....good luck getting them to line up. I'd love to see you blast some of these "holier than thou" Nashville privates, "we play in the best region in the state" 6A Rutherford Co. schools, or "I know you're in my backyard, the gate would probably be huge, but I'm scared $__less of you" 6A Knoxville schools. You can only play who's willing to line up against you. Next thing you know....people will be wanting you to play Hargrove (sp?) Military Academy. If national rankings and money is the concern, get ESPN involved.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Alcola i even went and even watched the State game in Cookeville sense i live 20 mins Away. But i wouldnt put down on all the "lesser schools" or what ever you called them. Remember a couple years back when a little team out in the sticks called Livingston Academy stunned alot of people and won the AAA state championship game. One day the might Alcola will fall from the top, it may be a while but it will happen.

• 1 month later...
MEMO TO ALL THE HATERS: Go win 6 concecutive state championships at any level then see how many teams line up to play you. I promise that the line will be shorter than the line at Milan's silver store.

For some reason, when you are a PROVEN winner, some people just can't take it. Good luck Alcoa from Smith County.

MEMO TO ALL THE HATERS: Go win 6 concecutive state championships at any level then see how many teams line up to play you. I promise that the line will be shorter than the line at Milan's silver store.

For some reason, when you are a PROVEN winner, some people just can't take it. Good luck Alcoa from Smith County.

I agree with your post 100% scooter..........Good Luck to Alcoa :thumb:

Indian

What rock have you been hiding under? Alcoa has already been fully recognized by the experts and national polls. Alcoa was one of only two teams in Tennessee to finish in the Rivals Top 100 for 2009. Memphis University School finished #4 while Alcoa finished #61. It is worth noting that Alcoa finished ahead of national powers such as Jenks, OK #70, Lakeland, Fla #75 (beat De La Salle this year), St Xavier, OH #91, St Xavier, KY #92, and Prattville, Al #96. Pretty lofty company if you ask me. Also note that the vaunted Calhoun, Ga team that has been touted as a team to measure ourselves by is not even listed in the top 100. Seems to me we have nothing to gain by playing unrated foe like this. A game in Nashville with MUS would be a bigger draw and better measure.

I always love the way the lesser programs come on here and challenge Alcoa to play someone else. I guess that is all you have when your programs are so sorry they have no hope of ever competing in a state championship - let alone six straight. One thing is certain - you will always be on the outside looking in while Alcoa competes for the Gold Ball every year. I feel sorry for you "arm chair" experts. :roflol:

Congrats, that is like being the smartest person in Arkansas. It's great for Arkansas but not too impressive when you consider what the claim is and where it is being made.

If you wanna gauge how good your team actually is, why don't you look into how many big time guys you put into elite DIV-I football every year.

Is it a decent amount? sure.

Is it more than Meigs Co.? You bet.

Is it more than that of the A-AAAAA champions from the state of Georgia? Hardly not.

Is it more than a AA perennial power from Georgia? No.

I don't think it's possible for any school in the south to win 2 straight (much less 6 straight) state championships with as little or no elite talent outside the state of Tennessee.

2009 saw Alcoa absolutely DOMINATE the state of Tennessee. It's BEST player couldn't even get an offer from the illustrious state school that is located right down the road from AHS. C'mon, even you real F5 homers know that that says a lot about you and your competition.

Indian

What rock have you been hiding under? Alcoa has already been fully recognized by the experts and national polls. Alcoa was one of only two teams in Tennessee to finish in the Rivals Top 100 for 2009. Memphis University School finished #4 while Alcoa finished #61. It is worth noting that Alcoa finished ahead of national powers such as Jenks, OK #70, Lakeland, Fla #75 (beat De La Salle this year), St Xavier, OH #91, St Xavier, KY #92, and Prattville, Al #96. Pretty lofty company if you ask me. Also note that the vaunted Calhoun, Ga team that has been touted as a team to measure ourselves by is not even listed in the top 100. Seems to me we have nothing to gain by playing unrated foe like this. A game in Nashville with MUS would be a bigger draw and better measure.

I always love the way the lesser programs come on here and challenge Alcoa to play someone else. I guess that is all you have when your programs are so sorry they have no hope of ever competing in a state championship - let alone six straight. One thing is certain - you will always be on the outside looking in while Alcoa competes for the Gold Ball every year. I feel sorry for you "arm chair" experts. :roflol:

Another poster whose team gets BLOWN AWAY by Alcoa each year. He just can't stand it !!

Congrats, that is like being the smartest person in Arkansas. It's great for Arkansas but not too impressive when you consider what the claim is and where it is being made.

If you wanna gauge how good your team actually is, why don't you look into how many big time guys you put into elite DIV-I football every year.

Is it more than that of the A-AAAAA champions from the state of Georgia? Hardly not.

I don't think it's possible for any school in the south to win 2 straight (much less 6 straight) state championships with as little or no elite talent outside the state of Tennessee.

2009 saw Alcoa absolutely DOMINATE the state of Tennessee. It's BEST player couldn't even get an offer from the illustrious state school that is located right down the road from AHS. C'mon, even you real F5 homers know that that says a lot about you and your competition.

What an absolute idiot you are. Dirtwater lousy programs always go the D-1 player measuring stick for their programs. You cannot line-up but you can produce D-1 products...what does that say about those programs?

Best thing you can do is go random post on the girls softball page. You probably know as much about that as you do high school football....idiot.