The ALCOA Challenge

SECfighter

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indian

What rock have you been hiding under? Alcoa has already been fully recognized by the experts and national polls. Alcoa was one of only two teams in Tennessee to finish in the Rivals Top 100 for 2009. Memphis University School finished #4 while Alcoa finished #61. It is worth noting that Alcoa finished ahead of national powers such as Jenks, OK #70, Lakeland, Fla #75 (beat De La Salle this year), St Xavier, OH #91, St Xavier, KY #92, and Prattville, Al #96. Pretty lofty company if you ask me. Also note that the vaunted Calhoun, Ga team that has been touted as a team to measure ourselves by is not even listed in the top 100. Seems to me we have nothing to gain by playing unrated foe like this. A game in Nashville with MUS would be a bigger draw and better measure.

I always love the way the lesser programs come on here and challenge Alcoa to play someone else. I guess that is all you have when your programs are so sorry they have no hope of ever competing in a state championship - let alone six straight. One thing is certain - you will always be on the outside looking in while Alcoa competes for the Gold Ball every year. I feel sorry for you "arm chair" experts. :popcorneater:

Congrats, that is like being the smartest person in Arkansas. It's great for Arkansas but not too impressive when you consider what the claim is and where it is being made.

If you wanna gauge how good your team actually is, why don't you look into how many big time guys you put into elite DIV-I football every year.

Is it a decent amount? sure.

Is it more than Meigs Co.? You bet.

Is it more than that of the A-AAAAA champions from the state of Georgia? Hardly not.

Is it more than a AA perennial power from Georgia? No.

I don't think it's possible for any school in the south to win 2 straight (much less 6 straight) state championships with as little or no elite talent outside the state of Tennessee.

2009 saw Alcoa absolutely DOMINATE the state of Tennessee. It's BEST player couldn't even get an offer from the illustrious state school that is located right down the road from AHS. C'mon, even you real F5 homers know that that says a lot about you and your competition.

I don't know any players from the past couple of years, but Randall Cobb is one of the best players in the SEC right now and he's from Alcoa.

I don't know any players from the past couple of years, but Randall Cobb is one of the best players in the SEC right now and he's from Alcoa.

Props to Cobb. No arguement here.

What an absolute idiot you are. Dirtwater lousy programs always go the D-1 player measuring stick for their programs. You cannot line-up but you can produce D-1 products...what does that say about those programs?

Best thing you can do is go random post on the girls softball page. You probably know as much about that as you do high school football....idiot.

Boo hoo. My name is Scots50 and I don't like it when someone points out the glaring flaw of my Blount County Tornados

Here's a random post for you. Your team's roster has more add/drops than a freshman class schedule at UTK. Alcoa is the only school I know of that when going out of state to find competition, they go to the only state in the southeasts who's level of talent is below their own.

Boo hoo. My name is Scots50 and I don't like it when someone points out the glaring flaw of my Blount County Tornados

Here's a random post for you. Your team's roster has more add/drops than a freshman class schedule at UTK. Alcoa is the only school I know of that when going out of state to find competition, they go to the only state in the southeasts who's level of talent is below their own.

Once again you demonstrate my point regarding your total lack of knowledge regarding high school football. I assume you are talking about Bell County KY. For the record, Bell County's team last year would have destroyed most of the teams in East Tn. Go watch tem play and learn for yourself. Better, take your dirt water program up there. You will come home with your face kicked in.

The adds and drops you refer to are the William Blount and Heritage players that transferred in thinking they would start because they come from a 5A/6A program only to find out they cannot make the JV second team. Their departure is best as they will never play at Alcoa. And guess what...the transfer in and out routine will continue as players learn their talent will not get them on the field at Alcoa.

No boo hoo here. Just rolling on the floor laughing at a person that is so insanely envious of the Alcoa program that he can only attack. Girl's softball is calling you.......

• 2 weeks later...

Once again you demonstrate my point regarding your total lack of knowledge regarding high school football. I assume you are talking about Bell County KY. For the record, Bell County's team last year would have destroyed most of the teams in East Tn. Go watch tem play and learn for yourself. Better, take your dirt water program up there. You will come home with your face kicked in.

The adds and drops you refer to are the William Blount and Heritage players that transferred in thinking they would start because they come from a 5A/6A program only to find out they cannot make the JV second team. Their departure is best as they will never play at Alcoa. And guess what...the transfer in and out routine will continue as players learn their talent will not get them on the field at Alcoa.

No boo hoo here. Just rolling on the floor laughing at a person that is so insanely envious of the Alcoa program that he can only attack. Girl's softball is calling you.......

So I guess the majority of the varsity Tornado's are local, i.e. Alcoa born & bred? I don't know if I'd want to bring attention to this matter, Alcoa sure is a small town to "produce" all that talent :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess the majority of the varsity Tornado's are local, i.e. Alcoa born & bred? I don't know if I'd want to bring attention to this matter, Alcoa sure is a small town to "produce" all that talent :thumb:

I thought tornado's were WINDY . . .it's been over a week & still nothing. I guess now I'll have to hear how the mighty Alcoa faithful are "above responding to such nonsense" or how "THAT SORTA BS DON'T DESERVE A RESPONSE". Well come on big WINDY, we're all waitin. :lol:;)

So I guess the majority of the varsity Tornado's are local, i.e. Alcoa born & bred? I don't know if I'd want to bring attention to this matter, Alcoa sure is a small town to "produce" all that talent :thumb:

I thought tornado's were WINDY . . .it's been over a week & still nothing. I guess now I'll have to hear how the mighty Alcoa faithful are "above responding to such nonsense" or how "THAT SORTA BS DON'T DESERVE A RESPONSE". Well come on big WINDY, we're all waitin. :bored::thumb:

The majority of Alcoa's skill position player are home grown. Alcoa has an incredible pool of talent that are living in and from their zone. Where Alcoa has lacked in the past several years is lineman. The out of zone participants more than fill that need and also supplies depth, another former issue in the past. Alcoa annually has 35 to 40 percent out of zone players on thier roster. This year will be no different. But......they are not breaking rules or recruiting. Like Maryville in the past their successful program brings the player to their school.

Some schools may choose to not play Alcoa that are close ..I dont know ..maybe Alcoa likes going out of state .. and a earlier poster is correct about Bell Co, Ky .. they are stout bunch .. will try to bust your nose .. they play tough hard nosed ball .. also the Falcons from Fulton love to play Alcoa .. while Aloca has had the upper hand the Falcons never back down from a challenge .. one of thest games I ever saw in High School was at Alcoa and Falcons came away with a victory about 4 or 5 years ago .. there were alot of talent on that field that night .. Rogan, Cobb, Sykes, Hamilton, Freeney, Shiverdecker, Hicks etc .... great program in Alcoa ... from a Falcon fan. Hope we can still keep playing after this year. Aloca has a great venue to watch a game.

Some schools may choose to not play Alcoa that are close ..I dont know ..maybe Alcoa likes going out of state .. and a earlier poster is correct about Bell Co, Ky .. they are stout bunch .. will try to bust your nose .. they play tough hard nosed ball .. also the Falcons from Fulton love to play Alcoa .. while Aloca has had the upper hand the Falcons never back down from a challenge .. one of thest games I ever saw in High School was at Alcoa and Falcons came away with a victory about 4 or 5 years ago .. there were alot of talent on that field that night .. Rogan, Cobb, Sykes, Hamilton, Freeney, Shiverdecker, Hicks etc .... great program in Alcoa ... from a Falcon fan. Hope we can still keep playing after this year. Aloca has a great venue to watch a game.

Totally agree Tadvols...........Fulton/Alcoa 2006 was a fantastic game! :roflolk: