Year Ends TOP TEN WRESTLERS... Whos the Best?

tnko

In your humble opinions, whos the 10 best the state has has to offer this year to compete Nationally?

IMHO...

1. CAMERON CROY- BRENTWOOD- Hands down the best

2. MICHAEL KENNEDY- BLACKMAN- Close to tie with Croy, These two are truly beasts

3. ZACH WATSON- BAYLOR- probably the most talent in years in this group from a elementary age on..

4. DANIEL BAUCKE- CBHS- Great wrestler for years who turned it up even another notch this year!

5. JOE PROCTOR- COOKEVILLE- Doesnt travel much but is a natural wrestler with God given abilities

6. CAMPBELL LEWIS- SODDY DAISY- Probably will be the best in two years along side Watson

7. ALEX JOHNSON- CBHS- I believe underated but this kids a stud!!

8. TJ DUNCAN- MCCALLIE- True-bred wrestler, his demeanor screams "watch out"

9. BRENNAN COX- INDEPENDENCE- relentless and tons of heart. Im sure he listens to his coach...

10. BLAKE THOMAS- BRENTWOOD- I picked him over Hames, Doster, Hooker, and Manley because I think at their weights he could pull out wins over them all. Hes just a MAN-CHILD!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna comment on tnko's quotes,

In your humble opinions, whos the 10 best the state has has to offer this year to compete Nationally?

IMHO...

1. CAMERON CROY- BRENTWOOD- Hands down the best

I would have to agree with this one. A man wrestling boys

2. MICHAEL KENNEDY- BLACKMAN- Close to tie with Croy, These two are truly beasts

Nice to see Mike get a title but he's nowhere close to Croy. Will have to change his offensive game to be successful at the next level. It will be interesting to see how he does at the Junior Nationals

3. ZACH WATSON- BAYLOR- probably the most talent in years in this group from a elementary age on.

4. DANIEL BAUCKE- CBHS- Great wrestler for years who turned it up even another notch this year!

5. JOE PROCTOR- COOKEVILLE- Doesnt travel much but is a natural wrestler with God given abilities

I think Joe will be even better in college than he is in high school and he's been pretty dang good there!

6. CAMPBELL LEWIS- SODDY DAISY- Probably will be the best in two years along side Watson

would agree - great wrestler - fun to watch

7. ALEX JOHNSON- CBHS- I believe underated but this kids a stud!!

Alex is a testament to what it means to work hard. I remember when he was beginning in middle school and couldn't beat Mother Theresa. His match with Hooker came down to nothing but desire.

8. TJ DUNCAN- MCCALLIE- True-bred wrestler, his demeanor screams "watch out"

Can you say 4 times and not done? enough said

9. BRENNAN COX- INDEPENDENCE- relentless and tons of heart. Im sure he listens to his coach...

Brennan does not make mistakes and takes advantage of the mistakes of others. Ditto my comments about developing offense

10. BLAKE THOMAS- BRENTWOOD- I picked him over Hames, Doster, Hooker, and Manley because I think at their weights he could pull out wins over them all. Hes just a MAN-CHILD!!!

The hardest working kid in the Brentwood program since he was in the 6th grade. nuff said.

We may be missing someone in here that was probably considered as a OW... Marvin Lopez may be in the middle of the pack in this top ten list. Pound for pound, very hard to beat!

As far as Mike Kennedy, you may find the same problem you have over there at Brentwood for your own 2 boys. Workout partners... Mike is very limited at practice and has no one to really push him to the level he needs to be. The dynamics have changed since Patton has left, as well as Jacky Blosser not being there to roll around with now. He is extremely physical and can hurt people, including coaches.

You may have forgotten how close the matches were last year between Croy and Kennedy. Remember, Mike does wrestle up to his level of competition well. He coasted to the finish, but IMO, had a pin in the first period, which would have made voting a little more difficult after 250+ coaches and 50+ officals seeing what Salada is capable of.

You may want to place Blake Thomas near the top of the list. Blake has been selected to wrestle @ 112 for Team USA against Team Illinois in the Dream Team Classic to be held in Chicago. Is this not the first Tennessee wrestler ever to wrestle in the Dapper Dan Dual or Dream Team Classic Dual?

We may be missing someone in here that was probably considered as a OW... Marvin Lopez may be in the middle of the pack in this top ten list. Pound for pound, very hard to beat!

As far as Mike Kennedy, you may find the same problem you have over there at Brentwood for your own 2 boys. Workout partners... Mike is very limited at practice and has no one to really push him to the level he needs to be. The dynamics have changed since Patton has left, as well as Jacky Blosser not being there to roll around with now. He is extremely physical and can hurt people, including coaches.

You may have forgotten how close the matches were last year between Croy and Kennedy. Remember, Mike does wrestle up to his level of competition well. He coasted to the finish, but IMO, had a pin in the first period, which would have made voting a little more difficult after 250+ coaches and 50+ officals seeing what Salada is capable of.

If I remember correctly he does have two good training partners in Murfreesboro at this time. One being Hamm. The other being a former state champ, national runner up, and hes even gotten bigger than Mike now. I saw them warming up together before Mikes state finals match last year. This person being Luke Borneman, tell me thats not a good workout partner to have.

PRTiii ;)

If I remember correctly he does have two good training partners in Murfreesboro at this time. One being Hamm. The other being a former state champ, national runner up, and hes even gotten bigger than Mike now. I saw them warming up together before Mikes state finals match last year. This person being Luke Borneman, tell me thats not a good workout partner to have.

PRTiii :hungry:

That WAS true before injuries and other limitations. He primarily worked out with Blackman's 215 region champ who is really coming on and will keep the blood & drills a flowing.