District 15 A Championship

cublover91

Congrats to Scotts Hill on their win last night. It didn't come easy, but they got the right breaks in the final minutes and capitalized on them. Tough loss for Middleton and their kids but I know they'll definitely rebound and this may not be the last time we see this matchup. On to the topic of Scotts Hill's fans, I've been as critical as anyone on here of them but the criticism of the cheer after the game is definitely crazy. My team has been on the losing side with Scotts Hill 3 times this season and each time it stings a little more but I see no wrongdoing in it. Like someone said earlier, if a kid can't handle losing he doesn't need to be out there. Scotts Hill isn't the classiest bunch, but I will defend you on the cheer.. The dumping of the water on someone else's floor for the 2nd year in a row was uncalled for though.

As for all the bashing of District 15.. I think the top 3 seeds from District 15 can play with any team from District 16, or District 14 for that matter. Be careful on overlooking Scotts Hill, they are a very good team. They shoot as well as anyone in the state I believe. Middleton may be as athletic as anyone. And Adamsville is a balance of the two and have competed very well with both of those teams. Be careful to criticize, District 15 might have 3 teams playing at Trinity next week.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Scotts Hill on their win last night. It didn't come easy, but they got the right breaks in the final minutes and capitalized on them. Tough loss for Middleton and their kids but I know they'll definitely rebound and this may not be the last time we see this matchup. On to the topic of Scotts Hill's fans, I've been as critical as anyone on here of them but the criticism of the cheer after the game is definitely crazy. My team has been on the losing side with Scotts Hill 3 times this season and each time it stings a little more but I see no wrongdoing in it. Like someone said earlier, if a kid can't handle losing he doesn't need to be out there. Scotts Hill isn't the classiest bunch, but I will defend you on the cheer.. The dumping of the water on someone else's floor for the 2nd year in a row was uncalled for though.

As for all the bashing of District 15.. I think the top 3 seeds from District 15 can play with any team from District 16, or District 14 for that matter. Be careful on overlooking Scotts Hill, they are a very good team. They shoot as well as anyone in the state I believe. Middleton may be as athletic as anyone. And Adamsville is a balance of the two and have competed very well with both of those teams. Be careful to criticize, District 15 might have 3 teams playing at Trinity next week.

I'm ready to go back to Trinity and see how far the district can go!!!! Should be some good matchups!!

Ok I am sorry if your high school players who are young adults are too emotionally insecure that being called the "losing team" after they lost hurts their feelings. I have advice for all of you GET OVER IT cause I PROMISE you it will continue!!! For whoever it was that said our district was an easy district WE BEAT MIDDLETON TWICE!!! All season long people have been saying that Middleton had a great shot at winning State. As for precious District 16 A we beat 2 of your top 4 teams last year and lost to Mannassas in the Regional Championship. If we win Region which I will say it will be tough cause Westwood and City University are good teams but if we do nobody and i will repeat NOBODY will come into Scotts Hill and beat us in a Sub-State game. And good luck to you on trying to get the administration to stop the losing team chant because the student who does it is the Principal's son!! GOOD LUCK!!! GO LIONS!!!!

First off, I attended the 15A game as a fan of basketball. I have no ties to either Middleton or Scotts Hill.

Nobody is denying the fact that Scotts Hill has a very good basketball team. They are VERY talented. Nobody is complaining about the fact that Scotts Hill fans travel well and support their team.

It is the manner in which that support is shown that is bothering me. Dumping water on the court at TCA was wrong. Fortunately, it took place in the middle of the court and not over by the scorers table which had plenty of expensive equipment all over it. I saw an incident at a Union University game a couple of years ago when Union players dumped water on their coach after a conference title game. That stunt also ended up destroying a lap top computer as the water fried the laptop. Union had to pick up the tab for that. When your fans charged the court in celebration after the game, someone could have been injured on the floor as a result of it being wet as well.

In regards to the chant, there may not have been anything technically wrong with it, but it was in very poor taste. It also showed a complete lack of sportsmanship. It is disappointing that the Principal of SH allows that chant to go on. It's even more disappointing that his son apparantly leads it.

Have you ever heard the saying "win with class"? Scotts Hill played a great game. However the antics did not cast a good light on your school.

With that being said, I would not be bragging about a home sub state game just yet. SH will have a tough road to hoe to earn the right to host one. I am sure that Middleton and a few other teams might have something to say about it.

Ok I am sorry if your high school players who are young adults are too emotionally insecure that being called the "losing team" after they lost hurts their feelings. I have advice for all of you GET OVER IT cause I PROMISE you it will continue!!! For whoever it was that said our district was an easy district WE BEAT MIDDLETON TWICE!!! All season long people have been saying that Middleton had a great shot at winning State. As for precious District 16 A we beat 2 of your top 4 teams last year and lost to Mannassas in the Regional Championship. If we win Region which I will say it will be tough cause Westwood and City University are good teams but if we do nobody and i will repeat NOBODY will come into Scotts Hill and beat us in a Sub-State game. And good luck to you on trying to get the administration to stop the losing team chant because the student who does it is the Principal's son!! GOOD LUCK!!! GO LIONS!!!!

First off, I attended the 15A game as a fan of basketball. I have no ties to either Middleton or Scotts Hill.

Nobody is denying the fact that Scotts Hill has a very good basketball team. They are VERY talented. Nobody is complaining about the fact that Scotts Hill fans travel well and support their team.

It is the manner in which that support is shown that is bothering me. Dumping water on the court at TCA was wrong. Fortunately, it took place in the middle of the court and not over by the scorers table which had plenty of expensive equipment all over it. I saw an incident at a Union University game a couple of years ago when Union players dumped water on their coach after a conference title game. That stunt also ended up destroying a lap top computer as the water fried the laptop. Union had to pick up the tab for that. When your fans charged the court in celebration after the game, someone could have been injured on the floor as a result of it being wet as well.

In regards to the chant, there may not have been anything technically wrong with it, but it was in very poor taste. It also showed a complete lack of sportsmanship. It is disappointing that the Principal of SH allows that chant to go on. It's even more disappointing that his son apparantly leads it.

Have you ever heard the saying "win with class"? Scotts Hill played a great game. However the antics did not cast a good light on your school.

With that being said, I would not be bragging about a home sub state game just yet. SH will have a tough road to hoe to earn the right to host one. I am sure that Middleton and a few other teams might have something to say about it.

If you go back and read what I said you can read that I said it would be tough because Westwood and City University are very tough teams. However much I hope we host the Sub State Game it might not happen. There are 4 other tough teams in this Region. Now can we please quit talking about the chant!!! Lets get this thread back on an actual basketball topic. Who do yall think we win the Region. I dont know enough about City or Westwood to make any predictions. All I know is Adamsville, Middleton and Scotts Hill will come to play so I wouldn't fall asleep on any of these three teams.

first off for the guy who said that district 15a was weak... HAVE U LOST UR MIND? i am going to say that there will be 2 teams from this district in the state tournament. now my next point, the guy who said coach anglin was dogging his players last night, it was not to make parents mad or the kids mad it was 2 fire them up and it worked pretty well looks like. i am in the locker room with them everyday and this is a very close group of ball players and even a closer group of friends and they know that cliff does things sometimes just to put some fire in their you know what's! and y dont everyone just keep their mouths shut about the chants and how scotts hill's fans act. if you cant stand loosing dont play! take the skirts off and grow up... honestly who worries about the kids who rush the court and afraid of them getting trampled or slipping on some water? they r high school students and they may never get another chance to be district champs again

I acutaly have not posted on Coach T in a long time and had to reactivate due to the posts that have been placed --- Concerning Scotts Hills Fans. Scotts Hill brings a very large fan base to all games. Are there some fans that scream things they shouldn't --- i am sure there are -- however, i have been to numerous games and have watch all basketball fans and there is always one or two that get out of hand from each team. If you call a parent screaming because their player has just been tackled then that is not a fan that is out of hand that is a parent that cares about their child. Now as far as the student section -- those kids are having fun and spending their time supporting something -- instead of out getting in trouble -- so they say a cheer -- the cheer is not to be mean it is to build their team up. If you go to a game and don't realize that your team just lost then you are lost. Are the kids loud and proud of their team YES They are and I am personally proud of them for their support. Now as far as the team and the coach go --- They have come along way with their relationships and I am not sure that there is a coach that does not scream at the kids. (maybe south gibson ) Please talk basketball and stop putting the GREAT FAN support of Scotts HIll down. BY the way the Blake the kid that leads the chant is a GREAT kid -----if you really care.

I attended every game of the district tournament. Scotts Hill, Middleton, & Adamsville have some VERY strong teams that I'm excited (as a 15A & Scotts Hill fan) to see play in the Regionals & beyond.

As far as fan behavior, during the tournament alone I saw an Adamsville lady sitting on the top row at TCA stand and flip off the Scotts Hill fans. I saw a Middleton fan grab stand and grab his crotch. Now, do I base my opinion of the entire Adamsville or Middleton fan base on those two people? No. I can't tell you if any Scotts Hill fans have or have not made such lude or obscene gestures... I know the ones I've been sitting around have not, but I can't speak for the whole.

I do know that their passion is unrivaled in anything I've seen in High School sports & I'm proud for my child to attend the school & be a part of their athletic programs.

I will say that dumping water on the coach on a gym floor is a habit that needs to be broken, & I'd guess/ hope that the principal/ coach will put a stop to it.

I attended every game of the district tournament. Scotts Hill, Middleton, & Adamsville have some VERY strong teams that I'm excited (as a 15A & Scotts Hill fan) to see play in the Regionals & beyond.

As far as fan behavior, during the tournament alone I saw an Adamsville lady sitting on the top row at TCA stand and flip off the Scotts Hill fans. I saw a Middleton fan grab stand and grab his crotch. Now, do I base my opinion of the entire Adamsville or Middleton fan base on those two people? No. I can't tell you if any Scotts Hill fans have or have not made such lude or obscene gestures... I know the ones I've been sitting around have not, but I can't speak for the whole.

I do know that their passion is unrivaled in anything I've seen in High School sports & I'm proud for my child to attend the school & be a part of their athletic programs.

I will say that dumping water on the coach on a gym floor is a habit that needs to be broken, & I'd guess/ hope that the principal/ coach will put a stop to it.

REDNECKS REDNECKS REDNECKS REDNECKS REDNECKS

REDNECKS REDNECKS REDNECKS REDNECKS REDNECKS

well looks to me like these rednecks know how to play ball!!!!

Okay, let me start off by saying that I'm not a Middleton or Scott's Hill fan...

I can remember being in high school and participating in a "You Suck" chant at basketball games... Until one of the teachers pointed out to us that it was making us look like a bunch of jerks. Yes, we had an amazing team that year, but when the fan section does things like that, it downplays the talent of the team because THAT'S what people are talking about instead of how good the team itself is.

When I walked into work this morning (I work at a high school that's in district 14 AA), people were talking about the behavior of the Scott's Hill fans instead of what a great game it was. Even this forum is evidence of how people will focus on negative fan behavior instead of how good a team is.

honestly who worries about the kids who rush the court and afraid of them getting trampled or slipping on some water? they r high school students and they may never get another chance to be district champs again

I think dumping water on a gym floor is a rude thing to do, and not that's it's any excuse, but I can understand being excited and not thinking about it. Oh, and anyone that's an adult, parent, or in an authoritative position would worry about kids slipping on the floor and getting trampled... It's happened before (without there being water on the floor) and people have died because of it, so yes, it IS a valid thing to worry about.