Tellico Plains 2010

Sure wish Tellico would add a wrestling team, would boost the sports as a whole and make for some in-shape athletes. I would say they could rise very fast, beat Seq and Central real soon. Would not have to worry about any other schools since Polk, Meigs and the others do not have wrestling anyway.

I say "the Nation" would be one for them to worry about.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly but ya never know, they could do the same thing there, not alot to do in that area, so they could have a very productive wrestling program IF they ever start one.

well PUMMEL we are both on the side of more wrestling programs. As I have stated on here before there is not a sport out there that wrestling will not make you better at, and you may be right TP has some tough kids it probably wouldn't take them long to be very competitive in the district with the help of a good coach. What are the prospects of this actually happening?

well PUMMEL we are both on the side of more wrestling programs. As I have stated on here before there is not a sport out there that wrestling will not make you better at, and you may be right TP has some tough kids it probably wouldn't take them long to be very competitive in the district with the help of a good coach. What are the prospects of this actually happening?

Matback,

At this point in time slim and none. Have to have the admin wanting to add it. There are a few kids in the area who want it but no help from the higher ups.

Matback,

At this point in time slim and none. Have to have the admin wanting to add it. There are a few kids in the area who want it but no help from the higher ups.

Wouldn't Title IX come into play somewhere in this equation?? Being that wrestling is a predominant male sport, would you have to come up with a girls sport to match it??

Not to mention, wrestling is a sport that will never generate money. You will always spend more money on it than you make.

Most HS's already have enough of these: Boys/Girls Golf, Boys/Girls Tennis, most Baseball/Softball teams, etc.

Would be hard pressed in these economic times to convince an admin. to add another sport that will just cost more money in the end.

Wouldn't Title IX come into play somewhere in this equation?? Being that wrestling is a predominant male sport, would you have to come up with a girls sport to match it??

Not to mention, wrestling is a sport that will never generate money. You will always spend more money on it than you make.

Most HS's already have enough of these: Boys/Girls Golf, Boys/Girls Tennis, most Baseball/Softball teams, etc.

Would be hard pressed in these economic times to convince an admin. to add another sport that will just cost more money in the end.

Hater,

Title IX shoud not be a factor. Not to mention since TSSAA now is sanctioning girls wrestling, it could be opened to everyone at the school. Some good ol county a** dicking could come out of Tellico if they ever decide to have it. I know that a couple of kids wanted to Co-Op with McMinn Central a couple years ago but the admin at Central AD Doug Armstrong and Prin Roger Freeman would not allow it. People stuck in their ways and ignorance not willing to allow and help others grow.

Hater,

Title IX shoud not be a factor. Not to mention since TSSAA now is sanctioning girls wrestling, it could be opened to everyone at the school. Some good ol county a** dicking could come out of Tellico if they ever decide to have it. I know that a couple of kids wanted to Co-Op with McMinn Central a couple years ago but the admin at Central AD Doug Armstrong and Prin Roger Freeman would not allow it. People stuck in their ways and ignorance not willing to allow and help others grow.

Depends on your interpretation of Title IX....and as i see it, it shouldn't apply to High School.....and if it dose, just open it up to girls also....South Doyle has had a few girls on the wrestling team....in Roane County the wrestling team is based in Kingston....the co-op was with Harriman but was changed to Rockwood...the team is entirely self funded and gets no money from the school or school board....It's driven by the coach (who volunteers all his time and efforts)...and the parents....I think all you need is someone like that coach and someone from the school to "sponsor" the team (check TSSAA rules)

Depends on your interpretation of Title IX....and as i see it, it shouldn't apply to High School.....and if it dose, just open it up to girls also....South Doyle has had a few girls on the wrestling team....in Roane County the wrestling team is based in Kingston....the co-op was with Harriman but was changed to Rockwood...the team is entirely self funded and gets no money from the school or school board....It's driven by the coach (who volunteers all his time and efforts)...and the parents....I think all you need is someone like that coach and someone from the school to "sponsor" the team (check TSSAA rules)

Title IX applies everywhere. It all depends on if the right people push it. Just because you offer it to girls doesn't guarantee participation. There actually has to be participation to count for title IX. I am in support of the co-op way of doing things. Until you can have enough interest to justify a team, which can fluctuate from year to year.