West Tennessee, Be Real!!!!!

littleo

midtenn,

I looked at the past champions on the TSSAA website and I am pretty sure that 00,01,02, & 03 would be the 4 years you are talking about where Jackson County was AA and in the state championship game. Gibson County was only up there in 03 and didn't play Jackson County. :thumb:

Ready to catch the punt.....

My bad so what your sayin is they were like your team and not even good enough to make it far enough to even play us I gotcha. How's the softball games in Overton County? LA witnessed greatness during that run. We sent you to the dugout just about every year didn't we?

You didn't send me or my team anywhere. Not from Gibson County or Overton County. Just a casual West Tenn girls basketball fan who noticed (yet another) ignorant comment by you.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really needs to happen is they send teams in different directions that way once the true powers from the middle and east dominate the sectionals and substates (like it used to be) then there would actually be some attendance in the stands at Murphy center. West Tn fans don't travel well, never have never will. T$$AA already knows this but if they did it this way you wouldn't see alot of teams from West Tn ever make it to the state tournament. Even less would make it in football. Middle and East dominate over the west in girls basketball year in and year out its a proven fact but i guess we all have to just deal with the system the way it is as broke as it is!!! so since we cant change that how about more the 5 of ya'll make the trip this year and support your team? :thumb:

:roll:HOLD-UP A MINUTE HOMER, do some homework before you embarass yourself any more than you already have.Attendance from the metro-Memphis fans,I'll give you but everything else is hogwash.The reason that the games are played,as the old adage goes,is that everyone has a shot;Douglass over Tyson,69 Mets,Jets-Colts,1980 USA Hockey team,need I say more? As for bringing fans,just as in middle and east sections,some schools travel well and some not so well,but maybe mileage has something to do with that.(p.s. I'm defending everyone in general,NOT making excuses,as I'm expecting Scotts Hill to show up very well thank you).As for quality teams what classification are you talking about? Single A has been represented well with serveral championships, there are not many AAA schools in western division,outside Memphis,yet in five of the last ten years they made the championship game,and if AA is the class your talking about,beat Gibson County and I'll listen.Oh, by the way,know why everyone remembers the events I mentioned earlier, it's possible but not likely.

When Jackson County was in AA they won it the last 4 years in a row thats back to back to back to back for those of you that can't count. Along the way Gibson County was there and got beat every time they faced Jackson County so how about you come an beat Jackson County and then WE'LL TALK! :blush:

Know what,I'm converted! Great arguement(you should have been a litigator,if you're not) maybe we should send all three gold balls home with Jackson Co.& just forget the whole thing! In all seriousness I'm not trying to take part in an arguement,or in any way trying to disrespect Jackson Co.,just pointing out the fact that the western division is deserving of a little credit too.Fans statewide love their teams and have the right to express that love in this forum,would you not agree? No hard feelings intended but remember, my initial post was a reply to one titled;GET REAL WEST TENNESSEE. :blush:

What really needs to happen is they send teams in different directions that way once the true powers from the middle and east dominate the sectionals and substates (like it used to be) then there would actually be some attendance in the stands at Murphy center. West Tn fans don't travel well, never have never will. T$$AA already knows this but if they did it this way you wouldn't see alot of teams from West Tn ever make it to the state tournament. Even less would make it in football. Middle and East dominate over the west in girls basketball year in and year out its a proven fact but i guess we all have to just deal with the system the way it is as broke as it is!!! so since we cant change that how about more the 5 of ya'll make the trip this year and support your team? :cry:

West TN doesn't travel well??? Yesterday Scotts Hill a little town in West Tn played and brought 1,000 fans with them. Scotts Hill brought the most fans out of Single A. I mean we did get beat by a very good CSAS team so we wont be able to bring that crowd again but you can't say West TN teams don't bring any fans!!!

I'm not sure of the years or exactly how many times they've won, but I'm pretty sure in single A that Gleason & Bradford have represented West Tn. very well the past few years. I believe Madison was in the single A championship last year with Morgan Faulkner also.

As far as the West bringing fans that sounds pretty lame. I know that if Scotts Hill wins tomorrow night they'll load the entire town in a bus & head to Murfreesboro.

I don't know a lot about Middle or Eastern TN teams, but I respect them anyway. I assume if they're good enough to be among the last 16 (substate) or 8 teams left standing they must be pretty good, and I like the chances of ANY of the West TN teams to represent well in the tourney.

West vs. Middle vs. East.... we can debate all day, but I suppose the tourney itself will give us some answers eventually.

Bradford has 6 gold balls - 1982, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, and 2000.

They also have 2 silver balls - 1991 and 1995

Gleason has at least 3 that I remember - 1992, 1999, and 2007. I think they have one more, but not sure.

I know they have at least one silver ball - 1993

Yeah and when you look closely @ the tournament program if I counted correctly......Gisbon County (one county) which is in West TN and includes several schools accross all classifaictaions....has brought back 14 GOLD balls and I think 2 or 3 silver balls over the years. In girls basketball alone. JUST FROM ONE COUNTY!

NOT BAD FOR A SMALL COUTNY IN WEST TENNESSEE! :mrgreen:

as I stated from an earlier post- over the past two decades - many state titles have come back to West TN- and another came back to Gibson County from this past weekend :mrgreen: Hats off to McMinn Central who played an outstanding game on Saturday which made the GC comeback even more impressive. Lady Pioneer fans will let the whole state know though how tough the 13AA district is- from WEstview and OC, even Milan from a couple of years ago and now Haywood in the mix, it's very tough competition and as always, when one or two teams from this district advances to the BORO- they know they've been battle tested.. Congrats again to GC on back to back state titles. :shock:

this is so funny, someone from memphis sayin "west Tn" is biased when they play "memphis teams". hahaha get real guy. the level of competiton in the country of west tn, i.e. gibson county, westview, oc, and others, is much better than those street ballers in memphis. and for the recod, last i checked the mississipi didnt seperate memphis from other west tn counties, so they are too considered west tn. but like i said, those street ballers make it to sub state and then play a more controlled team and they get beat, not because a ref thinks he should let a certain team win, but because those memphis teams that play the likes of GC and westview are street ballers. not sayin they arent a good team, cuz obviously they are the best of out that region, but they do not compare in the least to the teams outside of memphis city. get somebody down there to teach them girls controlled basketball thats played through out the state or country for that matter and if they are good enough to compete with others, they may make it to state