D.O.D - FHS vs BHS

DVD1

This is a game we all look forward to watching every year! We get to see it again on Friday!

The first game, the score didnt show how competitive Bearden really was. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Dont expect a blowout ;)

Other predictions???????

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see how Bearden can keep up with Farragut. First game they made a valient effort, but Farragut was still pounding on door all half. Wheels fell off for Bearden in 2nd, maybe its more accurate to say that Farragut stepped it up a couple more notches while Bearden faded a bit. I still see this going Farraguts way by at least four goals.

I have watched Farragut play a couple of times this season and what has struck me is the amount of offense they bring. They just swarm the net and they are deadly in the air. Bearden is good, but the strength of that team seems to be a rock solid defense. Bearden seems to struggle to score. To beat Farragut, in my opinion, you have to be able to score with them. I just don't think Bearden can do that. I pick Farragut, but Bearden will put up a valiant fight.

:flower:

...if they have to play Oak Ridge. They could be a sleeper team.

OakRidge, based on Scoreboard accuracy, had a tough close to season with 3 wins, 3 losses and 1 tie. Could be battle tested, and if the match-up happens, I don't see them getting past Bearden. Stranger things have happened, but if Bearden doesn't get discourged with their results against Farragut, it should be a four match season.

I really do not see anyone beating Farragut. They have way too much depth. There backup keeper would be starting for anyone else as well as their bench position players. All are D-1 club players. I would almost go so far as to say their back-ups could win State. This is not a knock on the other teams but just a compliment to the Farragut players. As long as the coach can keep the player's egos in tack, this team will be special.

The other two teams to watch are Bearden and Hardin Valley. It is a shame one of them will not reach region play as from what I have seen from the middle of the State, they both belong. I have not been too impressed with the teams out of District 1 & 2 compared with teams from District 3 & 4. The Knoxville area has really become a hotspot for excellent High School Soccer, I think we can thank the Club Coaches for that. Well with all this ranting, the games still have to be played, and I have seen my fair share of surprises over the years.

I think we can thank the Club Coaches for that. .

Yeah, cause those high school coaches don't do much. :lol::)

I get your point, and agree that club soccer is a HUGE factor towards the success of a program, but don't discount the high school coach's impact on the players. I know I spend a lot of my time in planning practices, and learning new things to implement in the game.

I think we can thank the Club Coaches for that. .

Yeah, cause those high school coaches don't do much. :lol::)

I get your point, and agree that club soccer is a HUGE factor towards the success of a program, but don't discount the high school coach's impact on the players. I know I spend a lot of my time in planning practices, and learning new things to implement in the game.

I thought you HS coaches just kinda rolled the balls out there and let the lads free play. I often wonder why the boys don't get tired of playing World Cup at HS practice. Thank goodness the club gurus have the time to teach the mates the real ins and outs of futbal. Preceding remarks facetious--I really believe that HS and club soccer are very good complements of each other in the metro areas. There are some excellent coaches, both club and HS, in and around Knox, Chattanooga, Nashville, and Memphis. It always amazes me that the club system/coaches gets all the credit for player development.

And just imagine there are a few of us who actually coach both High School and Club teams at the sametime. And before anyone thinks I'm cheating I actually coach a boy's club team with kids that are my rivals during High School while I do our high school girls in the summer/fall. Takes alot of time, but I love it.

But back on topic, Good Luck Culbreths and Turner. Hope the rain holds off and you all stay healthy. You guys look like the class of the state again so I hope you can keep matching up and bring the Championship back to K'ville. Hey G, just a thought, but we should do the same thing!!!!!(But I get the gold one this time, you have 6!!!!)

Whats Wanderer got against District 1&2. District 4 has been a cut above for years with Farragut and Bearden,,, Its a shame Region 1 always has to go through them and that usually ends the season. Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill have done pretty well against others in the West Knox area. I'll agree that Dist 3&4 they are the best in the East top to bottom, but don't count out Region 1 this early.

:lol: