Lynn Burkey Resigning at Shelbyville?

CoachT

I still say it is the man, the myth, the legend that is Michael J. Burt. They will be hanging more banners in that gym if he accepts this position.

You may be right but the District and the Region and the Substate has changed a lot. if you are saying District Banners..............................

Okay. Being from Shelbyville, I can say I have had the question of who the next Shelbyville coach will be on several occasions. I have heard so many names, it would be hard to list them all. Much like the last time this job was open, but in the end only three people applied. This time I think there will be more people applying as they will not have to be that coach that follows Rick Insell. So based upon what I have heard and some process of elimination I have listed who I think will be front runners for the job...

1. Allison Clark (former MTSU Assistant...degree in PE)

2. Tom Insell (Son of Rick. AAU president and coach)

3. Corey Barrett (Hickman County coach)

4. Boyd West (former Marshall Co. Coach)

5. Ashley Johnson (former Eaglette, Current Lebanon coach)

6. Jack Harlow (Current Assistant)

7. Michael Burt (former Riverdale Coach, motivational speaker)

I believe that you take out Boyd West off the top. He is not certified to teach and has a second job. I am not sure the administration wants that setup right now. I think the person must be certified and be ready to teach in some capacity.

Ashley Johnson may also be another questionable one as I hear she is wanting to return to school for her PhD and may not want to be a head coach. Rather in an assistants role. I think she would be a good candidate for one of the assistant jobs.

I think this will come down to Tom and Allison unless a dark horse applies that no one knows about. Remember there was a lot of buzz about this job last time but people dont apply whey they find out pay scale, etc.

Remember there will be several new coaches in the district so competition for Shelbyville this year may be limited to Lawrence Co. or Columbia. (Tullahoma, and Franklin Co. will also have new coaches)

Okay. Being from Shelbyville, I can say I have had the question of who the next Shelbyville coach will be on several occasions. I have heard so many names, it would be hard to list them all. Much like the last time this job was open, but in the end only three people applied. This time I think there will be more people applying as they will not have to be that coach that follows Rick Insell. So based upon what I have heard and some process of elimination I have listed who I think will be front runners for the job...

1. Allison Clark (former MTSU Assistant...degree in PE)

2. Tom Insell (Son of Rick. AAU president and coach)

3. Corey Barrett (Hickman County coach)

4. Boyd West (former Marshall Co. Coach)

5. Ashley Johnson (former Eaglette, Current Lebanon coach)

6. Jack Harlow (Current Assistant)

7. Michael Burt (former Riverdale Coach, motivational speaker)

I believe that you take out Boyd West off the top. He is not certified to teach and has a second job. I am not sure the administration wants that setup right now. I think the person must be certified and be ready to teach in some capacity.

Ashley Johnson may also be another questionable one as I hear she is wanting to return to school for her PhD and may not want to be a head coach. Rather in an assistants role. I think she would be a good candidate for one of the assistant jobs.

I think this will come down to Tom and Allison unless a dark horse applies that no one knows about. Remember there was a lot of buzz about this job last time but people dont apply whey they find out pay scale, etc.

Remember there will be several new coaches in the district so competition for Shelbyville this year may be limited to Lawrence Co. or Columbia. (Tullahoma, and Franklin Co. will also have new coaches)

you are correct..although, a dark horse may appear as the folks in power are split over Ms Allison and Insell.

For many reasons, Allison Clark or Michael Burt but because of the pay level may not be either one. Allison Clark wiill not be let go easily at MTSU. She is a valuable part of team Insell. Shelbyville may not realize her value and have to change her status if they want her. IMO, Shelbyville was not going to be able to retain Burkey at the rate he was being paid. Shelbyville, welcome to big time Region 4 Basketball.

For many reasons, Ashley Clark or Michael Burt but because of the pay level may not be either one. Ashley Clark wiill not be let go easily at MTSU. She is a valuable part of team Insell. Shelbyville may not realize her value and have to change her status if they want her. IMO, Shelbyville was not going to be able to retain Burkey at the rate he was being paid. Shelbyville, welcome to big time Region 4 Basketball.

First off, get your names and facts straight before posting please. It is Allison Clark not Ashley Clark and she recently has left MTSU and has told several people of her interest in the Shelbyville job. I do agree that the pay scale may be an issue, especially for Burt after being at a higher paying job like Riverdale. I think Clark would have no problem with the pay since she is a former Eaglette and looking for her first head coaching job.

I DO NOT believe pay was the issue for Burkey at all. Coach B came to Shelbyville after taking a pay cut from both Oak Ridge as an assistant and as a Head Coach at Greeneville. Both paid more and he knew that going into the job. It is not why he left. I believe that maybe he was frustrated after going all those years and only two state tournament appearances and one in the finals. The talent level never really developed and he had to really do a great coaching job getting some of those players to play where they did. There were no All-Americans or Miss Basketballs in that time to work with. Plus the Shelbyville faithful were getting impatient and restless. I am sure he heard from them a lot as well. This year was supposed to be a year to do good things with so many kids returning. They did well against Lawrenceburg in the district finals then fell apart against Blackman. There was no consistency.

Whoever comes in will have to try to rally the troops quickly with team camps coming up and very little to work with in talent. Keeley Sale and Kelsey Smith are the only two kids who saw significant playing time last year. And the point guard position is questionable. The plus for whoever comes...only two seniors including Sale and reserve Taylor Woodard. Everybody else would be back in year two. Something to ponder.

Your right about the facts and for that matter most all of what else you posted. AC's benefit would be the background information and contacts with MTSU. Money raising and statue can be a problem but there are enough heavy weights around Shelbyville to be of help. AC is very capable, no question but this goes further than that. Burkey was known and respected State wide. AC will have to build that. For a while Shelbyville will have to build on its name. Without Insell, unless the name is remaining in some way, that is a void.

Your reference to players is known and revealing. Two years ago students almost boycotted the Regional Tournament concerning discontent of play. This was the first sign many had ever seen of discontent at the Mid Tenn powerhouse. They were clearly used to better. This year, some parents were clearly dissatisfied with playing time of some players and said so on this site. Seeing them play, it was clearly not the deep team that had been seen and they seemed to be two players short. It was the first time outward posting had been seen. Burkey had to seetheing inside. Shelbyville was losing its discipline which was a hallmark of play.

Burkey is a great coach, likely not many better in Tennessee and MTSU got a steal. The story around was players were not being attracted to Shelbyville as much with talent and some DI players were accumulating to other schools with great coaching staffs. Likely those type players used to move to Shelbyville and play there. This was done legally and success bred success. Thus the talent level and the player development has taken a little dip. Burkey has seen that coming for at least 3 years

Burkey was not able to attract asst coaches to fill in the void although he tried. It is not sure that AC can handle the other part of School exposure that RI was so good at for quite a long time. Burkey had a problem doing it and likely AC will also, temporarily. So enters MB, big enough to handle it and the motivation along with student and parent problems that might exist. As happens, they might not be able to pay him without some tradeoffs. it's going to be hard for the deal to be made.

Shelbyville will work this out, they always do. Somewhere the right coach is there. Likely she just moved to Kentucky. She will not be back. Strange that all of this is tied together. RI has wound up with a stronger staff, Shelbyville right now is struggling and Riverdale had a strong enough staff to reload. This is big time Tennessee Girls Basketball with some of the greatest coaches and schools in the state. Something tells me that all of these coaches will have some part in the solution.

BBFan2003, you hit it on the head.

Your right about the facts and for that matter most all of what else you posted. AC's benefit would be the background information and contacts with MTSU. Money raising and statue can be a problem but there are enough heavy weights around Shelbyville to be of help. AC is very capable, no question but this goes further than that. Burkey was known and respected State wide. AC will have to build that. For a while Shelbyville will have to build on its name. Without Insell, unless the name is remaining in some way, that is a void.

Your reference to players is known and revealing. Two years ago students almost boycotted the Regional Tournament concerning discontent of play. This was the first sign many had ever seen of discontent at the Mid Tenn powerhouse. They were clearly used to better. This year, some parents were clearly dissatisfied with playing time of some players and said so on this site. Seeing them play, it was clearly not the deep team that had been seen and they seemed to be two players short. It was the first time outward posting had been seen. Burkey had to seetheing inside. Shelbyville was losing its discipline which was a hallmark of play.

Burkey is a great coach, likely not many better in Tennessee and MTSU got a steal. The story around was players were not being attracted to Shelbyville as much with talent and some DI players were accumulating to other schools with great coaching staffs. Likely those type players used to move to Shelbyville and play there. This was done legally and success bred success. Thus the talent level and the player development has taken a little dip. Burkey has seen that coming for at least 3 years

Burkey was not able to attract asst coaches to fill in the void although he tried. It is not sure that AC can handle the other part of School exposure that RI was so good at for quite a long time. Burkey had a problem doing it and likely AC will also, temporarily. So enters MB, big enough to handle it and the motivation along with student and parent problems that might exist. As happens, they might not be able to pay him without some tradeoffs. it's going to be hard for the deal to be made.

Shelbyville will work this out, they always do. Somewhere the right coach is there. Likely she just moved to Kentucky. She will not be back. Strange that all of this is tied together. RI has wound up with a stronger staff, Shelbyville right now is struggling and Riverdale had a strong enough staff to reload. This is big time Tennessee Girls Basketball with some of the greatest coaches and schools in the state. Something tells me that all of these coaches will have some part in the solution.

what? you have some of the most confusing posts.

what? you have some of the most confusing posts.

:roflol::roflol:

IC, read it slowly, one word at a time and fill in words with the initials. Most of these comments have been posted by others on this thread or on this site. Nothing orginal here.