Lynn Burkey Resigning at Shelbyville?

CoachT

wow that is big news that will cause a little bit of a ripple effect wont it? several good coaching jobs opened up this year lets see who takes this one...is there an assistant that SHOULD get it or that will get it
I would say that a previous player or an internal person will get the job. The real question is who will get the assistants job. And can Shelbyville attract who they want. This opening up at this time of year and hearing signals for the last couple of months makes one think the decision has been made or the search is complete. Look for some more to be attracted away from the High School Ranks in the next 15 days. And expect the unexpected. Middle Tennessee is full of great coaching talent and people who know what they are doing. The largest criteria as far as a Adminsitrator is concerned is can the person market the product and put people in the seats. A lot of Coaches know the x's and 0's.

I am hearing the Michael Burt is returning to high school basketball. It has been overheard by some that Shelbyville is his dream job.

I would say that it would work out amd MB has the stature to handle the situation. If fits the Region profile. I thought I recognized some nervous posts.

Burkey was a great X & O caoch. Nice person. Have not seen any player develope though during his reign. The kids who walk on his floor with skill issues, walk off with the same issues. Everyone knows next year's gap will be at point yet everyone I've talked to questions what he has done all last season to address it. Everything he has done all last season indicated he had no plans of preparing for Fall of 2010. If Shelbyville wants to get back to tradition, don't look at resume's, look at who would best get them back to State Championships. Get Tom Insell and Boyd West in there and get the *!@$ out of their way!

WEW! Just the thought put chills up my spine!