Humboldt Basketball

JungleJim125

i agree LC will be better and UC will be UC! No treat in single a i can't believe that was even posted! Need to worry they will have plenty of treats come BB season!

Lol You all know I DIDN'T REALLY MEAN THAT! ^_^ ahahaaa. i was just wanting to get some people posting on here :) Yeah, I've always thought UC, LC, and Humboldt were the best teams in Single A... I was disappointed this past year when I watched the State Tournament... Clarksville Academy wasn't nearly as talented as some of the past championship teams; but we never know, they may have improved this year. I always thought that the three teams I mentioned earlier could, in reality, compete in AA and maybe even AAA... anyways, no disrespect to mr.bigster haha... my comment was just kinda a playful remark about the comment made earlier... you know, the "Falcon practice squad." :)

Edited by igloo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol You all know I DIDN'T REALLY MEAN THAT! ^_^ ahahaaa. i was just wanting to get some people posting on here :) Yeah, I've always thought UC, LC, and Humboldt were the best teams in Single A... I was disappointed this past year when I watched the State Tournament... Clarksville Academy wasn't nearly as talented as some of the past championship teams; but we never know, they may have improved this year. I always thought that the three teams I mentioned earlier could, in reality, compete in AA and maybe even AAA... anyways, no disrespect to mr.bigster haha... my comment was just kinda a playful remark about the comment made earlier... you know, the "Falcon practice squad." :)

You got me on that..lol...I believe you knew I'd respond..lol..Don't know where all the other Falcons are.I guess they all packed int in since Coach Whitby is gone.Same as you..about the Falcon practice squad..trying to get the Vikings involved.I'll renew that statement in a few months and some of the Viking fans will get on and see that for then first time and blast me..lol..Can't wait..Good luck in football this coming year also.!

• 2 weeks later...

By the way iglo and Zebra.Are the Vikings painting their gym and putting in grren and gold bleachers?I heard they were wanting us to feel like we were home.Just wondering..lol

Lol... we already have Gold on our gym bleachers, but green just looks AWFUL compared to that BIG RED! (even though green is one of my 3 favorite colors) :P Anyways, I didn't even get to see a Lake County vs. Humboldt game last year :( I was incidentally too busy whenever they played... hopefully I'll get to see both teams this next year!

Edited by igloo

Lake Co may not be the team I was hoping..Rumour I heard yesterday is Derek Swift,in my opinion the best player on the team,is moving to Hickman.Not sure if he's moving to Fulton City or Fulton Co.But if he plays with Leonard Swift,they will be a tough team more than likely.Also hear Coach Whitby is at one of these schools and they could play a part in this decision.Not sure though.Just what I heard.!

Lake Co may not be the team I was hoping..Rumour I heard yesterday is Derek Swift,in my opinion the best player on the team,is moving to Hickman.Not sure if he's moving to Fulton City or Fulton Co.But if he plays with Leonard Swift,they will be a tough team more than likely.Also hear Coach Whitby is at one of these schools and they could play a part in this decision.Not sure though.Just what I heard.!

I agree that would be a hard loss to deal with! I saw the kid play last year and he is a good player as well as a athlete! Hopefull that's just it a humor!

Edited by zebra99

The player in question did transfer to Fulton Co. but not because of Coach Whitby. Due to other issues and we will leave it at that. Rumors are he may be coming back after finding out he would not be elgible to play up there. Who knows and really it doesn't matter. The Falcons will still feature a strong line up with players like Devon Jones(So.), Ricky Boyd (Jr.), Rafael Tyler (Jr.) Stetson Swift (Jr.), Caleb Bledsoe (Jr.), Dominic Kimble (So.), B.J. Gauldin(Sr.), Zay Coleman(Fr.). The good thing about those guys are they work hard, stay out of trouble and there is only 1 senior. The down side is not alot of overall size, even though Gauldin is 6,7", Bledsoe 6,3, and D. Jones 6,2. Should be an interesting year.

The player in question did transfer to Fulton Co. but not because of Coach Whitby. Due to other issues and we will leave it at that. Rumors are he may be coming back after finding out he would not be elgible to play up there. Who knows and really it doesn't matter. The Falcons will still feature a strong line up with players like Devon Jones(So.), Ricky Boyd (Jr.), Rafael Tyler (Jr.) Stetson Swift (Jr.), Caleb Bledsoe (Jr.), Dominic Kimble (So.), B.J. Gauldin(Sr.), Zay Coleman(Fr.). The good thing about those guys are they work hard, stay out of trouble and there is only 1 senior. The down side is not alot of overall size, even though Gauldin is 6,7", Bledsoe 6,3, and D. Jones 6,2. Should be an interesting year.

I heard a couple days ago that it wasn/t Whitby.I don't even know if he's coaching.I heard his mom was wanting to move .Anyway.Have to play with what we have and still a lot of talent.Hate to lose a kid with that much talent though.Heard Coleman was looking pretty good and was playing the point ,allowing Ralpael more freedom to shoot.One thing about it is with both Ralphael and Coleman handling the ball..shouldn't be many teams press and create a lot of turnovers..Stetson looks like he may have grown a couple inches.Lake Co will field a lot of talent either way..with or without Swift.With him,a better team though.!

I heard a couple days ago that it wasn/t Whitby.I don't even know if he's coaching.I heard his mom was wanting to move .Anyway.Have to play with what we have and still a lot of talent.Hate to lose a kid with that much talent though.Heard Coleman was looking pretty good and was playing the point ,allowing Ralpael more freedom to shoot.One thing about it is with both Ralphael and Coleman handling the ball..shouldn't be many teams press and create a lot of turnovers..Stetson looks like he may have grown a couple inches.Lake Co will field a lot of talent either way..with or without Swift.With him,a better team though.!

I agree with the two statements above me...

Our district will always be competitive no matter how many talented players we lose or how many players graduate. In my humble opinion, we are still (by far) the most competitive district for Class A. Lake County will always have my respect :).

I hate that Swift moved and hate that he's ineligible there but I'm not sure he would be able to come back to Lake Co either without sitting a year.Nort sure.I know you're allowed 1 move so I'm thinking he moved here once from Kentucky..then back..not sure if he would be eligible..So that's a bad move on his part..to move there without maybe first seeing if he would be eligible.Now...if I'm correct..he will have to sit either way.Looks like he's at Hickman now ..If he wanted to play with Leonard Smith..looks like that opportunity is gone..And since that opportunity is gone..if he wants to play for a real good team..with Lake Co not having any seniors this year starting..may be in his best interest for him to move back to Lake Co and sit this year and play on a really good team next year.I would think he'd have to do it this year though.Either way.Like I said.We'll still field a talented team.!

Southwind and Melrose would blow out all of those teams, except for maybe Dyer Co. and I'm sure Melrose (at full strength) would beat Dyer Co. by 15 or so. Melrose and Southwind each have elite players in the country on their team and I'm sure they'd rather showcase their teams at a bigger tournament. Melrose has Adonis Thomas as Southwind has Jonathan "J3" Williams.

Southwind and Melrose would blow out all of those teams, except for maybe Dyer Co. and I'm sure Melrose (at full strength) would beat Dyer Co. by 15 or so. Melrose and Southwind each have elite players in the country on their team and I'm sure they'd rather showcase their teams at a bigger tournament. Melrose has Adonis Thomas as Southwind has Jonathan "J3" Williams.

What am i missing here? What has this got to do with Humboldt Basketball or Lake County? :unsure: