Best SP game ever

OLD PIRATE

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Sout Pitt and Boyd had 2 very good games in 2003 before the Bucs went on to win state. Both games were very close, with the Bucs adding on late scores to put the game out of reach for the Pirates. South Pitt brought there entire town and had them wrapped around the track, probably 2-3 rows deep it seemed like. That was before the Swamp got a good set of visitor side bleachers. South Pitt, in my opinion, was the 2nd best team in the state that year.

Edited by reaction

Uncle Dave's source for the change in defenses was from "Pate"....me and him were pretty

tight back then. We definitely had the talent that year, TC just found a weakness and

exploited it for 4 or 5 touchdowns. If I remember right, the Pirates were ahead at one

point 20-7....two Thomas Payne runs later, they were up 21-20 and never looked back. I really

hate even thinking about that game to be honest....just bad memories.

Yep, Eddie did alot of spectacular plays that year....Greenback comes to mind for me when

he broke several long runs. That was a high scoring game!

we came out of the field house at half time and were getting ready to field the kick off and t.c. told us walking out on the field to just get a hat on somebody/anybody and he'd do the rest. i was playing center on the return team and when i dropped back and turned to get a block i hadn't so much as hit the guy before tc went by me taking those big slow strides, like he was skating on a pond! to this day i still tell people i had the best seat in the house for that game!

we came out of the field house at half time and were getting ready to field the kick off and t.c. told us walking out on the field to just get a hat on somebody/anybody and he'd do the rest. i was playing center on the return team and when i dropped back and turned to get a block i hadn't so much as hit the guy before tc went by me taking those big slow strides, like he was skating on a pond! to this day i still tell people i had the best seat in the house for that game!

It has been awhile since 1998, but that was one great game. So many big plays but I think the biggest was SP abandoning the run in the second quarter when they were making yardage and throwing bombs....which ended up getting intercepted. Eddie Moore got popped on one run and coughed up the ball...and the rest is history....change of the offensive game plan again hurt the Pirates. 1998 is probably the best Pirate team to never win a state title.

Edited by UncleDave

It has been awhile since 1998, but that was one great game. So many big plays but I think the biggest was SP abandoning the run in the second quarter when they were making yardage and throwing bombs....which ended up getting intercepted. Eddie Moore got popped on one run and coughed up the ball...and the rest is history....change of the offensive game plan again hurt the Pirates. 1998 is probably the best Pirate team to never win a state title.

no doubt, after the game coach satt came running in the locker room like he had just stole something! he said, "boys, if you played them 10 times they'd beat you 9 but we got our 1 and it's single elimination in the playoffs!" :roflol:

Edited by snoball5278

no doubt, after the game coach satt came running in the locker room like he had just stole something! he said, "boys, if you played them 10 times they'd beat you 9 but we got our 1 and it's single elimination in the playoffs!" :roflol:

Thinking about that makes me feel like I just got kicked in between the legs, while vomiting diarrhea outta my mouth.....One of worse feelings I have ever felt......Can't even watch the film on it but still remember vividly almost every play

Are you attempting to ruin us old fellers season early. Dad burnit..............he did..............steal something. :roflol:

OP had a terrible time that nite , even at the Da-sha-vow. Recon some dancers got lucky that nite.

2008 game vs Marion Jasper. It was Boeck's first game as head coach and return trip to South Pittsburg. He got POUNDED and mercy ruled that night. It's always fun to beat the traitors that have turned their back on the orange and black.

Old Pirate says that game made some folkes take notice that the 2008 team was goin to be hard to handle. Dad burnit......the season did end badly with the loss to TC, another threft by that Saterfield feller. :popcorneater:

Old Pirate says that game made some folkes take notice that the 2008 team was goin to be hard to handle. Dad burnit......the season did end badly with the loss to TC, another threft by that Saterfield feller. :popcorneater:

Satt didn't have anything to do with that one OP. That was all Creasy.

• 4 weeks later...

Will.....this game with SM be listed as a contender for Best SP Game Ever?

Old Pirate says all this chatter about SM being young and only 3 yrs old is as ole Roy would say is a bunch of mess. Facts 1. Anyone with a pulse should know SM has a huge crop of youngons running around up ther in the clouds. 2. Best of this OP's recollection is both schools are 9-12 and both have only 1-4 experience in high school futeball. Most likely SM has more seniors than SP on this years team.

Leastways this is a formal challenge to the 2010 Pirates...................... Become a team that is an obvious underdog against a much bigger program that brings home the bacon................. :thumb:

Edited by OLD PIRATE