Best SP game ever

OLD PIRATE

Dad burnit youngon, yous needs to provide more info than that. Figure OP can use a little extra memory reminding to details yous a talking about. :popcorneater:

Lol well old timer TrainTracks thinks you should flip through that SP wiki u got over there...Lmao TrainTracks says I'm sure Roy still has those Murphy Fair magazines from then...I guarantee u those teams had some big ol boys that would knock a hole through a line haha...TrainTracks says u think I'm joking but I'm not

Best SP Games

The decade of the 60s:

Old Pirates: Rusty Adcock, Buzz Adcock, Donny Phipps, Larry Phipps, Jim Beene, Eddie Larson, Big John Roberts, David Hudson, Roy Ferrell, Don Elledge, Ronnie-Rabbit Everett, Joey-Moose Barker, Walter McClain, and bunch of other fellers…….

4. 1969 SP vs TPS in Nashville, The Pirates go to the city and beat TPS @ home on a bitterly cold night. The Pirates with TB Jimmy Wigfall shock then city fellers on their first play with a long scoring run by Wigfall that was called back after officials called him out of bounds. Again the Pirates line up and Wigfall runs the famed 46 for a TD. The Pirates win their 1st State championship under 1st year head coach Don Grider.

One more for the Coacht "Worth Repeating" post. If you're really Pirate fans, read them first names..........Speed and grit wasn't born in the '90's people. As for Jimmy, well, "TPS Wig(falls) to the Pirates" about says it all. That quote probably ain't perfect, close enough though. And "We'll playem nikked" should be mentioned. Probably the most memorable Pirate quote ever spoked.

Edited by Al Capone

One more for the Coacht "Worth Repeating" post. If you're really Pirate fans, read them first names..........Speed and grit wasn't born in the '90's people. As for Jimmy, well, "TPS Wig(falls) to the Pirates" about says it all. That quote probably ain't perfect, close enough though. And "We'll playem nikked" should be mentioned. Probably the most memorable Pirate quote ever spoked.

Dad burnit Al, Old Pirate can't rightly figure yous out. Thought yous was a SP feller last year and then yous seem to be Jasper feller lately yet yous knows about all them ther old fellers that wore the orange/black way back in the day. Figure 1 must be great grand pappy or else great great grand pappy told yous a story of some old fellers that done some earholing back-n-the day :roflol:

Edited by OLD PIRATE

The details provided for the 1985 and 1986 are incorrect. We played Lake Co. in 1985 and except for some gutsy play from Chris Ferrell would have gotten beat worse than we did. Sisco did have a long run but Ferrell's scrambling ability kept SP in the game. Kenny Flagg for Lake Co. pretty much dominated the Pirate D. SP had only one offensive play in the whole 4th qtr. and it was a int. Combine your details you have for 85 and 86 and you pretty much have it. Except the 86 game against Spring Hill went to OT.

That 70 yard run by Johnny Sisco against Lake County in the 1985 games was one of the bests runs I have ever seen. It was up the middle and it looked like the secondary was running backwards trying to catch him. Chris Ferrel was a lot of fun to watch in '85, '86 and '87.

Of course someone hasn't watched the film on the 85 game. The Pirates had the chances especially on balls laid on the carpet but did not get any of them. Our offensive guards got demolished which led to the offense not being able to get the single wing going. As for Mr.Ferrel I think he did grow up a lot that game but if you hold the ball to long guess what you better scramble.

Old Pirate says if BS :roflol: should make it to the SP Speedway sometime hit some of them Pirate boosters up for 1 of them fine looking pirate hats. Thata way you can look like a real Pirate fan.... :roflol: That 94 team was a great team for sure that played LC, plenty of youngons that loved to earhole folkes.

OP ain't so sure how this SP squad will compare but are young and talented.

My favorite South Pittsburg game was in 1985 against Lake Co.Lake Co had star running back Kenny Flagg while South Pittsbutg had Johnny Cisco.Lake Co won 20-12...The 1994 game was a good game.Lake Co probably lost that game on about the 3rd play of the game when starting fullback ,Kenyon Bolden got hurt and never returned.Probably the strongest back to ever play at Lake Co and was Jewel Flowers main blocker.Several times in that game,he would have helped out.In that game Lake Co was on about the 8 yard line with not more than a minute left and I believe was facing a 4th and 4.Everyone in the stadium knew Jewel Flowers was going to get the ball.I believe had the quarterback faked the ball to Jewel,the quarterback could have went around the left side for an easy td.Had Lake Co scored,the coach said later that they would have went for two points.But a great team from South Pittsburg.!

• 1 month later...

Best games TrainTracks ever saw was 93.94,98 TC games and BGA 95 and one I made it down for after my years of TrainTracking was against the Alabama Team in 99....There was alot of athletes all over the field that night

Also 93,94,95 DCA was all pretty awesome

It's a shame soo many great programs have had to move up and are no longer in 1A anymore

94 MC was a great one as well

Best games TrainTracks ever saw was 93.94,98 TC games and BGA 95 and one I made it down for after my years of TrainTracking was against the Alabama Team in 99....There was alot of athletes all over the field that night

Also 93,94,95 DCA was all pretty awesome

It's a shame soo many great programs have had to move up and are no longer in 1A anymore

94 MC was a great one as well

Hum.....so yous a railroad youngon.....recon OP will ask around...

Old Pirate says all mentioned were great games, jest how much info can you share?

Of course someone hasn't watched the film on the 85 game. The Pirates had the chances especially on balls laid on the carpet but did not get any of them. Our offensive guards got demolished which led to the offense not being able to get the single wing going. As for Mr.Ferrel I think he did grow up a lot that game but if you hold the ball to long guess what you better scramble.

I didn't watch film, I watched the game. I had a tape of it but it got damaged over the years.