Jefferson County

helment

They have several very talented skill players but too many horses playing both ways without proper conditioning. As a die-hard Devil Fan, I can tell you that plenty of great teams have athletes that play on both sides of the ball every game and prepare themselves both mentally and physically year round. JC either needs to find a way to put more quality bodies on the field or get the bodies they have ready to play iron-man football. It ain't rocket science...

Amen!

What is wrong with Jefferson County? I have not seen them play but I have heard that they have really good talent. So whats the problem?

In watching the Patriots play...there seems to be no flow to the game...it's not a well oiled machine it's more like a muscle car with water in the gas line...Some coaches and schools build good teams year in and yeara out..some coaches see a bigger picture and build a program!(Maryville etc.)In answer to an earlier question..the JCHS freshmen are not running the same offense as the varsity...I'm not sure that is program building.

missing the point: Its not conditioning or players playing both ways at this point. We have been blown out b-4 this comes into play. I could understand this if we were losing in the 3rd and 4 quarters. We are getting killed early!!. We cant get our def off the field because we cant tackle and stop the run. Our Off has been unable to block. We are losing the battles up front. On def, we need to move more meat up front to cover their lineman so that our LB's can make plays. On offense, we are too small to run the spread and must move to something that hits quick. YOu can run anything if you can block. At this point, we cant or have not! We must fix our up front issues b-4 we can compete with the better programs. There are several positives this year. much less turnovers, we have scored 3 times as many points as last year. The bad we have given up much more and Young could have gone for 500 yards on us.

missing the point: Its not conditioning or players playing both ways at this point. We have been blown out b-4 this comes into play. I could understand this if we were losing in the 3rd and 4 quarters. We are getting killed early!!. We cant get our def off the field because we cant tackle and stop the run. Our Off has been unable to block. We are losing the battles up front. On def, we need to move more meat up front to cover their lineman so that our LB's can make plays. On offense, we are too small to run the spread and must move to something that hits quick. YOu can run anything if you can block. At this point, we cant or have not! We must fix our up front issues b-4 we can compete with the better programs. There are several positives this year. much less turnovers, we have scored 3 times as many points as last year. The bad we have given up much more and Young could have gone for 500 yards on us.

I would have to agree with just about all of this post. The purpose of the new offense was to get the ball into the playmakers hands. DK can't get into open space, 10 has seen the ball very little, 17 has had to rush most of his passes. These things are happening because we are getting whipped up front. Looking at the size of our o line as compared to the size of most defensive fronts, this was probably the year to stay with the veer-option. At least a decent running game lets you control the ball, make some first downs, and keep the other team's offense off the field. I give a lot of credit to our three defensive lineman for playing hard. I think they try to use good technique, but 190 to 200 pounders have their work cut out against guys who outweigh them by 40 to 80 pounds. The 3-5 defense worked a lot better last year than this. I will say again that JC has played two outstanding football teams who have the ability to make teams look bad, but I expected us to look better. I have heard that someone else will be calling plays on offense this week. I wonder if we will go back to the veer. If so will 10 return to qb? 17 has done a fair job of throwing the ball when given time.Do you change your defensive scheme? These are all hard decisions to make. I am also tired of reading about players needing rest. These games have been decided early. I really hope JC can turn it around an maybe pull off something big against SC. At least show up and make it a game.

I would have to agree with just about all of this post. The purpose of the new offense was to get the ball into the playmakers hands. DK can't get into open space, 10 has seen the ball very little, 17 has had to rush most of his passes. These things are happening because we are getting whipped up front. Looking at the size of our o line as compared to the size of most defensive fronts, this was probably the year to stay with the veer-option. At least a decent running game lets you control the ball, make some first downs, and keep the other team's offense off the field. I give a lot of credit to our three defensive lineman for playing hard. I think they try to use good technique, but 190 to 200 pounders have their work cut out against guys who outweigh them by 40 to 80 pounds. The 3-5 defense worked a lot better last year than this. I will say again that JC has played two outstanding football teams who have the ability to make teams look bad, but I expected us to look better. I have heard that someone else will be calling plays on offense this week. I wonder if we will go back to the veer. If so will 10 return to qb? 17 has done a fair job of throwing the ball when given time.Do you change your defensive scheme? These are all hard decisions to make. I am also tired of reading about players needing rest. These games have been decided early. I really hope JC can turn it around an maybe pull off something big against SC. At least show up and make it a game.

I think you misunderstand rotation for rest. Rotation of our defensive line players, keep those players fresher than the opposing O-linemen as the game wears on. It also keeps the o-line from being able to key and get use to how the d-line is defending. Sadly, we have been so far behind by the 3rd quarter, it really did not matter. It also builds depth as players get injured and the season moves along. The bottom line is, we have to block on offense, tackle on defense (getting the deal done on 3rd/4th down) and not turn the ball over before we can do much else. Simple football is blocking & tackling and holding onto the ball, do that and we win.

Peace

I hear this. Woods will call the plays and 17 will stay at Qb and 10 will move to RB with DK. They will once again run a veer like offense out of the pistol formation simular to last year. this is the offense that they scored 6 points in the first 2 games last year. Once again, until they can block someone, they will struggle to move the ball with any consistancy. I hear that if they can run at all, it will open up play action passing and give 17 time to throw. They still want to utilize the pass to become balanced. who knows at this point. 3 offenses in 3 years???? we have often wondered why nothing seems to work with the skill players we have-----answer we have not blocked anything. Block it and we can run any of the 3!!!.

The veer is probably our best choice given we dont have to hold the blocks long like the spread. I think that Anderson will spend much more time with the lineman now. this sounds good as he was all american at CN as a veer lineman.

I hear that they are moving to 4 man def front. This should also be good move as we are too small to run 3 man front.

go pats beat sc

I hope the changes being made help, although I question the timing of this decision. The week of the most crucial game of Coach Anderson's career, and he is changing playcallers and offenses? Could be viewed as a desperate move. If we get to 0-3, these seniors might as well take a seat and let's start working for the future. The play-offs will be referred to in a "Jim Mora" like tone. "Play-offs? Play-offs?"

>>>>>>>>>..It's always about the LINE.It's football.The Upfront guys control the game.If they are the biggest and baddest that we have ,then what are we supposed to do? Is coaching fo the line part of the problem? Did the Lineman (as a unit ) do the off-season work?....IDK.But,as I have said in a previous post,WE gotta "run

whatwe brung". With respect to the points that we have put up this year....I will just say THANK you to Greeneville and Bearden for allowing us to have a few.Good Luck with Seiverville .GO PATRIOTS !!