Dobyns Bennett vs Farragut

BatmanDB

How many post by Farragut fans, three or four maybe ? I don't understand with the fan base where everyone is down there.I know there is a lot of smoke coming out of here and we have our war paint on,but you guys will bring some skill up here thursday and I know it.I know your going to give us a lot of looks and we will have to make adjustments on both sides of the ball.I look forward to a tough game and one that will help us both.

If DB can stop Farragut's running game they will win. Farragut has had trouble passing. Many picks vs completions. Same with their rushing defense....much better than their passing defense. They ran at will against Clinton and won easily. They completed maybe 4 or 5 passes and had 2 picks.

Bottom line, if Farragut can run the ball and eliminate picks and holding penalties they will win.

My 2 cents.

If DB can stop Farragut's running game they will win. Farragut has had trouble passing. Many picks vs completions. Same with their rushing defense....much better than their passing defense. They ran at will against Clinton and won easily. They completed maybe 4 or 5 passes and had 2 picks.

Bottom line, if Farragut can run the ball and eliminate picks and holding penalties they will win.

My 2 cents.

It looks like as I've said before that our strenths are the same on offense.I'm not sure what our strenth is on defense right now.When we come up against a real good passing team,I guess we can compare the differences.

• Upvote 1

I support you on most things 91 but I don't think youer being fair on this one. I don't think RC is going to outrun many people but he does have good hands and is smart on the field. I think he's a pretty good short yardage receiver. I just would't throw to him more than to Steele. That just would't make sense. Also I would add Forman to that list.

Oh yes, i agree about Foreman. Just affraid he gets lost in the shuffle with the coaches son on the team and being a senior. I hope he does'nt jump ship and go to North like a lot of other players who get shunned on playing time. Guys, don't know how long most of you have traveled the road with the Indians, but the history of some of the coaching decisions have been questionable at times when it comes to choosing the right player at the right time. I'm ready for a potentially great season and wish all the players great success, just have that uneasy feeling in my gut from past experiences. If this offense works, it will be a beautiful thing to watch. As far as the passing game, unfortunatly in high school, too often when the QB calls the play in the huddle he already knows who's getting the ball. Not many multiple progresive passing opps. at this level unless you've got a good line and a great talent st QB. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll not call any kids out because most of the young men that we talk about are just that.There are many reasons some of our very best athletes have not played on fridays.They go anywhere from not showing up for practice to much more serious problems.I've watched more practices than I've missed for several years and have got much more insider stuff that I would never share on this website.Everything is not as cut and dry as some people might think.I've seen mistakes that would cost us a game this year,and it wasn't a coaching mistake.These coaches want to win more than any parent,player or fan.This is their job and they allso love DB football.

I'll not call any kids out because most of the young men that we talk about are just that.There are many reasons some of our very best athletes have not played on fridays.They go anywhere from not showing up for practice to much more serious problems.I've watched more practices than I've missed for several years and have got much more insider stuff that I would never share on this website.Everything is not as cut and dry as some people might think.I've seen mistakes that would cost us a game this year,and it wasn't a coaching mistake.These coaches want to win more than any parent,player or fan.This is their job and they allso love DB football.

I'm not calling anybody out either, i'm just not going to be politically correct or sugar coat anything beacause i'm affraid someone might take offense to it. If they do, then maybe they can realize the problem and try to get it fixed. We should be about one thing and that is to win football games and get to the Championship game. I don't care about getting the ball to everyone. I get the ball to the players who will allow us to win. Sorry if your kid don't get a ball in his hand. After all this is a team sport. Just be glad he was a part of it or he can go play somewhere else as well. Just give it to the ballers!!!! Batman i'm glad your an Indian but come on, you have to look at the big picture in all of this. Championship. We've had way too many shots and did'nt make it. And for the most part it has'nt been the kids, it's been coaching. Don't know what you see in practice but i know for sure what i've seen on Friday nights for the last fouteen years. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes, i agree about Foreman. Just affraid he gets lost in the shuffle with the coaches son on the team and being a senior. I hope he does'nt jump ship and go to North like a lot of other players who get shunned on playing time. Guys, don't know how long most of you have traveled the road with the Indians, but the history of some of the coaching decisions have been questionable at times when it comes to choosing the right player at the right time. I'm ready for a potentially great season and wish all the players great success, just have that uneasy feeling in my gut from past experiences. If this offense works, it will be a beautiful thing to watch. As far as the passing game, unfortunatly in high school, too often when the QB calls the play in the huddle he already knows who's getting the ball. Not many multiple progresive passing opps. at this level unless you've got a good line and a great talent st QB. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmmm. Continued blame on coaching? Fairly certain nobody is going to be able to confuse Malik for Rusty. And the progression is much different than defensive reads.....throw to the man that is not covered.....and you are right, too often the QB makes up his mind in the huddle before the team even comes to line, much less the the ball is snapped. But that is not a coaching problem....that's a QB problem. Just as I suggested in the last post, GC has not yet missed a tackle or dropped a pass. He has never misread the option and in the last 20 years he has not botched an automatic check at the line of scrimmage.

The history of DB coaching that rings most true to me in the last 20 years is the total domination of our rivals. There has been a lot of runs by various teams across this state, but the constant participant, year in and year out, has been the GC coached Tribe. He and his staff have cost a lot of good coaches their jobs during his tenure. Additionally, I have read papers and watched shows since he got the job....have never heard GC take any credit for a win or blame anybody but himself for a loss, unless it might be crediting the other team.

Have there been some disappointments as a long time Indian fan? Yes there has. But to blame the coaching is way too easy and narrow minded.

Without recruiting(no comments on that topic necessary) it takes a special group of coaches to compete at that level every single year. Say ANYTHING you want about any excuse you want to make....but no other program dominated the Big East in such unprecedented fashion. Deep runs into the playoffs that could have been the years for the Title.... a botched punt at Riverdale comes to mind , not coaching. A memory of a torrential rain at Red Bank puts a knot in my stomach, no coaching decisions in that. ( although it's common knowledge that Ted Wilson could actually control the weather), I recall playing a Riverdale team at MTSU that had 5 D-1 signees on it and we played them toe to toe with fake punts and trick plays and all, seemed good coaching kept us in that one a lil longer than we deserved. I recall a team a couple years ago that got handled early in the year by a physically superior OakRidge team only to turn around and defeat that same Oak Ridge team in a great playoff game later that year.

I don't post a lot, and there might be a lot to complain about as a tribe fan because I get tired of hearing all of the people gripe about always being a bridesmaid too.....but I can't go along with the complaints you make......in fact, I look around at the other staffs around and It terrifies me to think that somebody might take you seriously and GC might go some place else! THAT I don't want to see. I can assure you that this board would be packed with posters wondering why we can't beat his teams.

Somebody go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong.Has another coach at DB had more success in the playoffs than coach Clark.Correct me again,but if it had still been voted on,wouldn't he have about six more championships to add to the total of thirteen.Point is,if it was so easy to do,somebody would have got it done in the last forty plus years.I thought we had a shot two years ago,but after watching Oakland,they would have got a half mile on the ground against us if we would have got there.This years team will be another fine one,but if we get beat by another knoxville area school or someone down the road,you have to know that those boys have some very fine teams as well.It takes a little luck to stay healthy and hit it on the right year.We will have to matchup with people and hope some good luck finally falls the Tribes way.

Hmmmmm. Continued blame on coaching? Fairly certain nobody is going to be able to confuse Malik for Rusty. And the progression is much different than defensive reads.....throw to the man that is not covered.....and you are right, too often the QB makes up his mind in the huddle before the team even comes to line, much less the the ball is snapped. But that is not a coaching problem....that's a QB problem. Just as I suggested in the last post, GC has not yet missed a tackle or dropped a pass. He has never misread the option and in the last 20 years he has not botched an automatic check at the line of scrimmage.

The history of DB coaching that rings most true to me in the last 20 years is the total domination of our rivals. There has been a lot of runs by various teams across this state, but the constant participant, year in and year out, has been the GC coached Tribe. He and his staff have cost a lot of good coaches their jobs during his tenure. Additionally, I have read papers and watched shows since he got the job....have never heard GC take any credit for a win or blame anybody but himself for a loss, unless it might be crediting the other team.

Have there been some disappointments as a long time Indian fan? Yes there has. But to blame the coaching is way too easy and narrow minded.

Without recruiting(no comments on that topic necessary) it takes a special group of coaches to compete at that level every single year. Say ANYTHING you want about any excuse you want to make....but no other program dominated the Big East in such unprecedented fashion. Deep runs into the playoffs that could have been the years for the Title.... a botched punt at Riverdale comes to mind , not coaching. A memory of a torrential rain at Red Bank puts a knot in my stomach, no coaching decisions in that. ( although it's common knowledge that Ted Wilson could actually control the weather), I recall playing a Riverdale team at MTSU that had 5 D-1 signees on it and we played them toe to toe with fake punts and trick plays and all, seemed good coaching kept us in that one a lil longer than we deserved. I recall a team a couple years ago that got handled early in the year by a physically superior OakRidge team only to turn around and defeat that same Oak Ridge team in a great playoff game later that year.

I don't post a lot, and there might be a lot to complain about as a tribe fan because I get tired of hearing all of the people gripe about always being a bridesmaid too.....but I can't go along with the complaints you make......in fact, I look around at the other staffs around and It terrifies me to think that somebody might take you seriously and GC might go some place else! THAT I don't want to see. I can assure you that this board would be packed with posters wondering why we can't beat his teams.

I guess you were not their when we played Oakland in the Boro when Adonis Johnson was a Sophomore. Adonis touched the ball twice in the first half and scored two touchdowns. I made the comment that he would start the second half over Jessee Mcmillian and we would win that game. I heard at halftime he made a comment to the Coach that nobody could catch him and to get him the ball. The Coach told him to shutup and sit down and he never touched the ball in the second half and we lost a close game. Is that brilliant coaching? I'm not on here to bash coach Clark, in fact i'm proud of everything he has done for our school and our kids, and i think everyone who has met the man can say he's a fine human being. Also, i played for the man so i respect him completely. But, the facts are the facts. Ijust hope he can utilize what he's got. So don't get your shorts in a bunch over my posts. I bleed Maroon and Grey forever, i'm just too emotional when it comes to putting pride in front of sensability. Iwant to win the State, don't you. I hope the coaching staff and team are as emotional as i am over the game of football. I'm tired of the "one and done" crap i have to read on here, so everybody get fired up and lets support our team and lets do this!!!!!!!!Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

I say let's just wish our guys the best for thursday night and hope this game gives our young and talented team a chance to get better without injury,because we are never going to agree with everything each other says or 100% of what the coaches and team does.We can attleast pull for the Indians to do their best this week and each week forward.Roll Tribe

I met Coach Keirsey over the weekend. I believe he played in 1988 with Faulkerson and crew. Came from Volunteer and spent his senior year at DB. Smart guy. Been around the block. Head Coach material in my book. Nice addition.

Luke Keirsey?? :blink: Didn't know Luke was a coach. Yes Comp, from Volunteer, Class of '88, and played with Mike F.

Luke Keirsey?? :blink: Didn't know Luke was a coach. Yes Comp, from Volunteer, Class of '88, and played with Mike F.

Hey Satch. How are you. First thing I thought of was you but I didn't ask him if he knew you. You were a bit before him yes? The Dr. told me Uno was going to walk on at UT for his event. True? And how are the tykes? Gonna have another speedster?