Smyrna @ Beech Week Zero

milo118

Sorry I know its a little early for this but I have my reasons. I go out of town on military training for a couple of weeks and will actually miss this game. So excuse me for being early with this one. My prediction is Smyrna 28 Beech 7. Go Dawgs!!!

Edited by milo118

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-3 at the half. Won 17-3.

3-3 with starters should be added. Smyrna had much more depth and the 2's and 3's scored twice on Overton's 2's and 3's. Smyrna moved the ball well but had some fumbleitis due to some big hits from Overton. Overton also moved the ball and had a couple shots to score but the QB's had fumbleitis of their own. The two teams starters were very evenly matched. Smyrna did do a good job in the first half with the run defense up the middle. The option seemed to give Smyrna a little trouble and the pass defense. #8 from Smyrna looked pretty good running the ball on the 2's and 3's of Overton. He has some speed. Overall I would say both teams were physical and pretty evenly matched. The final score of 17-3 does not show how close it really was.

Was at this game and Smyrna was too fast for Beech. Smyrna's defense ate the wing-t for dinner. Smyrna was very deep compared to the Bucs. Looks like being the hunted doesn't suit Beech too well. Lots of experience though and I am sure they will be very tough later in the year. I was surprised that the Beech defense did put up a huge fight when Smyrna got close to the goal. Those 3 points before halftime were big for the Bulldogs confidence. They lived on the Beech side for most of the first half. The Bucs look like they miss that tough offensive line from last year as I saw several linemen looking around not sure who they were supposed to block. Just a little too much of Bryson and #22 who really made some good plays on defense. Clarksville NW shouldn't be quite as tough.