Greeneville @ Jefferson County predictions

patriots13

As 10,000 + fans arrive and the Cowbells will be ringing for the Biggest Game in JeffCo Football History since 1987. The JeffCo Patriots ride out the early onslaught by the Greeneville D as Bible gets the ball to 10 and 24 in space, 33 and 44 pound the rock and make a game of it. The coaches rotate in the senior heavy D line and Linebacker corps to keep them fresh for the 3rd and 4th quarter in the heat and noise of Dumplin Vally.

There will be a TON of points scored as the offensive weapons on both sides take over and crank out the TD's, but Special Teams will be the difference as someone will force a turnover or block a punt to get a quick score.

Both Teams have great speed and talent and heart. But it will come down to senior leadership as JeffCo's Battle Worn Seniors Gut It Out.

My Prediction: Greeneville 33 Jefferson County 37

Peace

If it comes down to special teams, I'm taking the Devils. That part of their game is excellent. Don't plan on returning a kick off. Ogle won't let you have that chance. He is also a pretty decent field goal kicker. Not sure about the new punter yet, but I'm sure, as most years, the Devils will have an excellent punter. And with Carmichael returning kicks, the Devils special teams are going to be potent. But I said it before, I don't think this will be a factor. I'm still picking Devils... Big!

As 10,000 + fans arrive and the Cowbells will be ringing for the Biggest Game in JeffCo Football History since 1987. The JeffCo Patriots ride out the early onslaught by the Greeneville D as Bible gets the ball to 10 and 24 in space, 33 and 44 pound the rock and make a game of it. The coaches rotate in the senior heavy D line and Linebacker corps to keep them fresh for the 3rd and 4th quarter in the heat and noise of Dumplin Vally.

There will be a TON of points scored as the offensive weapons on both sides take over and crank out the TD's, but Special Teams will be the difference as someone will force a turnover or block a punt to get a quick score.

Both Teams have great speed and talent and heart. But it will come down to senior leadership as JeffCo's Battle Worn Seniors Gut It Out.

My Prediction: Greeneville 33 Jefferson County 37

Peace

Definetly wont be that many point gave up by the devils D. The devils will probably score that many though.... Get ready for a fast and exciting game. :popcorneater: Two very athletic teams. Gville will pull it out though...... Cant wait :hungry:

Edited by WoodlawnFalcons

Definetly wont be that many point gave up my the devils D. The devils will probably score that many though.... Get ready for a fast and exciting game. :popcorneater: Two very athletic teams. Gville will pull it out though...... Cant wait :hungry:

The Greeneville D wont let JJeff County put up 37...thats a pipe dream for Jeff County...Greeneville is the number one team and will prove why tomorrow night with a slaughter of the patriots...Sorry pats tomorrow isnt your night. Devils win big!!! 35-7

I'm guessing the Pats have just about as much chance of scoring 37 on Greeneville's D as you have packing 10,000+ fans in DV....and we Devils LOVE us some cowbells.

Cowbells will only help the devils especially the D! The team loves the noise!!!

This D is somethin the Jeff County hasnt saw in a long time. This entire team is something they havent saw. Can't wait for Devil Domination in Dumplin Valley!!! Be Prepared to be Dominated!!! Devils win 35-7

If a fan looks at 40 times and weight room results and the measuring tape...this stacks up to be a great game..It's my personal opinion that the determining factor in this game will be mental toughness. Greeneville with lots of talent and speed in all 3 phases of the game will win big if they jump to a quick lead and JC folds up early. JC on the other hand has an excellent senior class with manyof them starting since their sophomore year. If they don't break mentally and keep it a game until the 4th quarter, then GHS is in trouble. The talk out of the GHS camp is lots of talent..lacking leadership. I E, can they win a close, tough contest? The talk out of the JC camp is can they come together as a team and believe in each other. My prediction...GHS wins big if JC caves in early...JC wins if it goes down to the wire.

If a fan looks at 40 times and weight room results and the measuring tape...this stacks up to be a great game..It's my personal opinion that the determining factor in this game will be mental toughness. Greeneville with lots of talent and speed in all 3 phases of the game will win big if they jump to a quick lead and JC folds up early. JC on the other hand has an excellent senior class with manyof them starting since their sophomore year. If they don't break mentally and keep it a game until the 4th quarter, then GHS is in trouble. The talk out of the GHS camp is lots of talent..lacking leadership. I E, can they win a close, tough contest? The talk out of the JC camp is can they come together as a team and believe in each other. My prediction...GHS wins big if JC caves in early...JC wins if it goes down to the wire.

So if I read this correctly, we are pitting the talent and speed of Greeneville against the experience of JC seniors. What you have failed to factor into your equation is Greeneville's experience. We have juniors on both sides of the ball with as much experience as your seniors and seniors that have been 4 year starters...and all of them have big game experience. As far as lacking leadership, well thats the first I've heard of it and knowing some of the Seniors on this team I find that hard to swallow. Assuming the Patriot defense can contain Spradlin and Willy C, I still think they will have trouble moving the ball on this seasoned Devil D...It will either be a low-scoring close game won up front and with special teams(advantage Greeneville) or Greeneville blows this one out of the water...I'm thinkin the latter.

Greeneville doesn't have any experience? A lot of big names from last years "State Runner Ups" are back again this year. There is plenty of leadership going around on the Devils front, with the senior and junior class. I think GHS won some pretty "close, tough contests" last year on their way to a silver ball. I.E. Red Bank, Whites Creek. And a lot of that experience, talent, and leadership is back. I still think it will be a long night for the Patriots.