Let's get talking Memphis area High School Football!

fourthree

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bartlett @ Bolton- I kinda thought this was going to be a low scoring game because I really wasen't sure what to expect but when Bartlett ran the ball down the field on there first drive and scored I said to myself it is going to be a long night for bolton to stop the run. Bartlett was up 21-0 at the half.

Overton @ Arlington- WOW !!!! I am so shocked about this game when i heard the score . I really thought Arlington was the better team but i guess not.

Trezevant thumped Houston. - That's 2 years in a row for Trezevant.

trader b, tell me about Mitchell this year, I have not heard much on thim yet, I am sure they are among the top.

I don't know much about Mitchell this season, yet..... sorry.

-------------------------------------------------------

I have not gotten an opportunity to see Mitchell play; I even missed them during the Jamboree. Thus, about all I can tell you at this point is that Mitchell apparently struggled to put away Hillcrest last night, after having DESTROYED Hillcrest last season! Hillcrest has not had a half-way decent football in at least 5 years!

This early in the season, who really knows what this says about Mitchell (or Hillcrest's possible resurgence, for that matter). I've just learned to never write Mitchell off too quickly!

Here is the link to last night Mitchell-Hillcrest game and Whitehaven-Hamilton:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/aug/24/top-ranked-whitehaven-wins-monday-night-special/

I don't know much about Mitchell this season, yet..... sorry.

-------------------------------------------------------

I have not gotten an opportunity to see Mitchell play; I even missed them during the Jamboree. Thus, about all I can tell you at this point is that Mitchell apparently struggled to put away Hillcrest last night, after having DESTROYED Hillcrest last season! Hillcrest has not had a half-way decent football in at least 5 years!

This early in the season, who really knows what this says about Mitchell (or Hillcrest's possible resurgence, for that matter). I've just learned to never write Mitchell off too quickly!

Here is the link to last night Mitchell-Hillcrest game and Whitehaven-Hamilton:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/aug/24/top-ranked-whitehaven-wins-monday-night-special/

Mitchell played without their star tailback Octavious Gibson. Hillcrest does look better than years past. The Vikings had an opportunity to go up 14-6 of 16-6 at the half but there was terrible clock management on the one yard line. Mitchell has a pretty good passing game that will only get better one Tae Tae is back in the line up. Mitchell will be around come playoff time.

Mitchell played without their star tailback Octavious Gibson. Hillcrest does look better than years past. The Vikings had an opportunity to go up 14-6 of 16-6 at the half but there was terrible clock management on the one yard line. Mitchell has a pretty good passing game that will only get better one Tae Tae is back in the line up. Mitchell will be around come playoff time.

dannyq:

I have to admit that I didn't get to the game until the 4th quarter of the Mitchell/Hillcrest game, but regardless of that fact ... Hillcrest gave Mitchell all they wanted ... and then some. To me it looked like the Mitchell team just took Hillcrest lightly and didn't realize that nobody told Hillcrest's players that they were suppose to lose ... and Hillcrest played like it. Mitchell's players ... to me ... didn't 'wake up' until the middle of the 4th, after Hillcrest didn't capitalize when they had the opportunity. Again ... that's just me.

I will say that Whitehaven looked dominant and looked hungry. They were the better team and they played like they had a chip on their shoulder. The defense was smothering and the offense was clicking on all cylinders. Going in at the half 35-0 was a very good way to start the game and allow the coaching staff to play the 2's and 3's. I must say ... I like the bevy of RB's and WR's. I think the 2nd string QB looked really good as well. I didn't see much drop off from when the 1's were out and when the 2's took over.

I took notice on #76 ... he's not the biggest lineman we have ... but I can tell that the coaches love him because they won't let him leave the field ... offense ... defense ... special teams.

Anyway ... beat Fairley!

RESPECT DA HAVEN!

dannyq:

I have to admit that I didn't get to the game until the 4th quarter of the Mitchell/Hillcrest game, but regardless of that fact ... Hillcrest gave Mitchell all they wanted ... and then some. To me it looked like the Mitchell team just took Hillcrest lightly and didn't realize that nobody told Hillcrest's players that they were suppose to lose ... and Hillcrest played like it. Mitchell's players ... to me ... didn't 'wake up' until the middle of the 4th, after Hillcrest didn't capitalize when they had the opportunity. Again ... that's just me.

I will say that Whitehaven looked dominant and looked hungry. They were the better team and they played like they had a chip on their shoulder. The defense was smothering and the offense was clicking on all cylinders. Going in at the half 35-0 was a very good way to start the game and allow the coaching staff to play the 2's and 3's. I must say ... I like the bevy of RB's and WR's. I think the 2nd string QB looked really good as well. I didn't see much drop off from when the 1's were out and when the 2's took over.

I took notice on #76 ... he's not the biggest lineman we have ... but I can tell that the coaches love him because they won't let him leave the field ... offense ... defense ... special teams.

Anyway ... beat Fairley!

RESPECT DA HAVEN!

#76 is Rodriguez. He just plays the game with a nasty disposition.

KWC I'm pretty sure Whitehaven will beat Fairley, but Fairley defense looks real good this year! I saw Fairley in a scrimmage and the Jamboree, and boy they are physical and they fly around. Fairley has been known for their defense for a while. If I'm not mistaken Coach Slocum has called the defense in the Autozone Allstar senior game the past two years, and one year he coached a shut out. But enough said, Whitehaven has two many numbers and to much depth for Fairley. Why does Fairley keep playing a 6A school like Whitehaven and they are a 4A school? Is the money that Good? :thumb: