Grundy Co. @ South Pitt.

RubberBoots

If Grundy can someway get there defense as good as there offense they will have a good run this year. I was presently surprised at how far they've come since last year. They will be in every game this year for sure so anyone thinking there going to roll over has another thing coming them to them and it might be a loss. SP pursues the ball so hard on defense and if you can get them to do that and hit a quick draw play or a screen pass then teams will be able to score on them. SP's offense is as good as it has been in years and believe me no one has seen the arsenal yet but I do belive they will have to out score some opponents this years bc the defense has to be more disiplined but time will tell if they heed the call. Right now I'd say SP by 14 since it's at home but Grundy could come out and hit SP in the mouth and who know's what will happen. I'm just glad high school football is here. Best wishes on great season's to both teams and hope everyone stay's healthy.

Old Pirate hasn't got to see the Pirates yet this season except for a tad of practice now and then. But the Pirates will be tuff on the jackets from the mtn with speed that will lite up the score board with touchdowns. OP says the Pirates by as many as.........................1 :roflol:

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Who is this Hargis guy you are talking about? The guru of highschool football is my buddy Murphy Fair. You think im stupid but im not. Murphy writes a hole book on every team in the state. He knows football from east Tennessee all the way over to west Tennessee.

Murphy who? Never heard of him. :blink:

DL.

Grundy is much improved this year and could be only team on SP schedule outside of Signal and Polk that could potentially stay within 30 points IMO...Obviously its a no brainer they are goingto try to use ball control and makes us play their game much like UC last year....Only problem is they aren't Union City...So they better bring their A game or stay clear of the TRACKS cause the train is coming

Grundy is much improved this year and could be only team on SP schedule outside of Signal and Polk that could potentially stay within 30 points IMO...Obviously its a no brainer they are goingto try to use ball control and makes us play their game much like UC last year....Only problem is they aren't Union City...So they better bring their A game or stay clear of the TRACKS cause the train is coming

What about Boyd? :popcorneater:

What about Boyd? :popcorneater:

Pirates were easily 3 TD's better than Boyd last year....Problem was we didn't have our offense (6) and it was a mudbowl...Our QB was 75% of our entire offense and didnt play..Last was last year though.Overall this year we will be better and Boyd isn't nearly as good as (from what I have seen)last year....You do the math....You heard it here first....SP will blast Boyd this year...If bucs stay within 30 I will eat crow but I don't see it happening to b honest...If Boyd can eat up clock and keep ball outta our hands still will be 21 point difference....Too young and not nearly as talented

Pirates were easily 3 TD's better than Boyd last year....Problem was we didn't have our offense (6) and it was a mudbowl...Our QB was 75% of our entire offense and didnt play..Last was last year though.Overall this year we will be better and Boyd isn't nearly as good as (from what I have seen)last year....You do the math....You heard it here first....SP will blast Boyd this year...If bucs stay within 30 I will eat crow but I don't see it happening to b honest...If Boyd can eat up clock and keep ball outta our hands still will be 21 point difference....Too young and not nearly as talented

Uncle Dave agrees with that statement....Boyd just had all the luck when SP played them

last year. Mr. Football was sick with the flu and the game should have been postponed to

Saturday. Problem was, Boyd knew their only chance of beating the Pirates was on a rain

soaked field. Guarantee here....if SP can put it on Boyd, they will do it this year due

to the treatment the Pirates received last year.

Edited by UncleDave