Pearl-Cohn at MBA

howdoitknow

I see a very similar game as to what took place back in 1997 between these 2 teams. The Firebirds are LOADED this year and they have dominated in all of their preseason tests. I agree with the Tennessean's prediction that they are in fact Alcoa's biggest challenger in Class 3A. MBA is going to be a powerhouse as always.

Thoughts?????

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA 31

Pearl Cohn 26

MBA wears them down and wins late.

I hear Pearl Cohn is very good this year and has 8-10 potential D1 players. I would expect them to be very athletic and MBA to be well coached. If Simonis is 100% will be a deciding factor.

My prediction is that Simonis will not be 100% and Pearl Cohn will have too much speed for MBA. Should be a great game. Final score:

Pearl Cohn 28

MBA 14

I hear Pearl Cohn is very good this year and has 8-10 potential D1 players. I would expect them to be very athletic and MBA to be well coached. If Simonis is 100% will be a deciding factor.

My prediction is that Simonis will not be 100% and Pearl Cohn will have too much speed for MBA. Should be a great game. Final score:

Pearl Cohn 28

MBA 14

MBA wears down that speed and sneaks away with a 24-20 win. If PC has 8-10 potential D1 athletes then MBA has about 50 potential D1 athletes. Potential being a term very open to one's own interpretation.

The Big Red will handle Pearl-Cohn! Pearl-Cohn does have one or two D1 players (well one for sure...the kid going to Duke) and they looked good at the Vandy 7-7 from what I saw. However, Pearl-Cohn's players are not discipline enough to beat the likes of MBA or other private schools nor do they have the heart or composure to do so. If I remember correctly they also lost to BGA last year as well... a team they should have beat! If If Pearl-Cohn is to have any chance of beating the Big Red they will have to play as a TEAM...an quite frankly I don't think they can on their best day! Speaking of beatings if I remember correctly Thats EXACTLY what they took from the BIG REG last year. Get ready for history to repeat itself! Pearl-Cohn is VERY OVERATED!

MBA 35

Pearl-Cohn 14

xxxxxx

The hatred of MBA predates this thread (and this board, the internet, facemasks, Alsaska, Hawaii, and women's suffrage). We're used to it. But I'm really not seeing anything particularly bombastic or offensive here. Maybe Bopper's, but he's even newer than you, so I wouldn't give that one a world of credence. "Shakinthefat" made a predicition he defends, and offered some historical background, but there's nothing hateful in that. And beyond that, he (or she) tends to post objectively enough that I haven't divined his (or her) allegiances and connections.

I'm just not seeing anything here to take offensive over. Put another way, if this thread tramples your sensibilities, you probably want to avoid the board in the two weeks prior to and after the MBA-Ensworth game. You'll need the paramedics.