gordonsville@smith co.

pasttiger

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen pudknocker, Chicken County don't want none of TC, you only come playing TC when its a sure thing. I assure you when your middle schoolers get to high school, they will not want any of TC. Book it. Tell Maynord we got an open week next year, if ya'll could "fit" us in.

And yea ole Dirkson was a pretty good player for ya'll back in the day. but so was Cowan for G-ville.

I also agree that this is the worst SC team ive seen in a decade. Luckily for ya'll...your whole district is down. So ya'll might just squeak into the playoffs this year.

i tasted yellow jacket meat in the 80s two years in a row. i LOVE THE FACT THAT WE PLAYED YA ON THE CREEKBANK AND WHIPPED YA 20 6. AND I SEEM TO REMEMBER A CPL 35 0 WHIPPINGS WE RECENTLY PUT ON YA. WE AINT SCARED OF NOBODY

Listen pudknocker, Chicken County don't want none of TC, you only come playing TC when its a sure thing. I assure you when your middle schoolers get to high school, they will not want any of TC. Book it. Tell Maynord we got an open week next year, if ya'll could "fit" us in.

And yea ole Dirkson was a pretty good player for ya'll back in the day. but so was Cowan for G-ville.

I also agree that this is the worst SC team ive seen in a decade. Luckily for ya'll...your whole district is down. So ya'll might just squeak into the playoffs this year.

I'd say that's about right. Don't know of a single soul outside Trousdale County that wants anything from there. Don't want none of it. Was a time when bonded whisky was the only thing people did want from there.Only reason for going there. Not any more, it's everywhere.

Being from TC, why would you give a flip who SC plays? If you want to see SC play, they'll sell you another ticket. You say you watched them Fri, nite, and if you've followed them 10 years, 20 if you saw Dirkson, it's obvious your a fan. I'll bet you went to school there...what year did you graduate get kicked out?

Middle schoolers? Yelp, I don't see why Creasy don't have you on his staff if you can predict what 7th and 8th graders will be 4-5 years down the road.

Your right about the district too.......man I bet they're glad they don't play in TCs district with RBS, JC, and the likes...

I'd say that's about right. Don't know of a single soul outside Trousdale County that wants anything from there. Don't want none of it. Was a time when bonded whisky was the only thing people did want from there.Only reason for going there. Not any more, it's everywhere.

Being from TC, why would you give a flip who SC plays? If you want to see SC play, they'll sell you another ticket. You say you watched them Fri, nite, and if you've followed them 10 years, 20 if you saw Dirkson, it's obvious your a fan. I'll bet you went to school there...what year did you graduate get kicked out?

Middle schoolers? Yelp, I don't see why Creasy don't have you on his staff if you can predict what 7th and 8th graders will be 4-5 years down the road.

Your right about the district too.......man I bet they're glad they don't play in TCs district with RBS, JC, and the likes...

The fact is, he don't even know what he is talking about moonshiner. He is just a college kid that is still green behind the ears. Someone must me helping him out with his posts because he was barely alive when Dirkson played, so he knows nothing of that era. In fact, he knows nothing of football period. He thinks he does. All he knows is the sun rises and sets over Trousdale County and everything else requires him to wear blinders. It's ok, one day he will wake up to what's going on in the world around him and he will eventually be a little smarter for it. But for now, he is going to get on here and post things like Chicken County just to pee off his elders. lol. Honestly, some of it is getting old, and he has got a fish on his line with me.

Blast it all Croz...just when I think you got good sense, you ruin it. :lol: I thought the line play was close to even.I never saw any "domination". Woody is a big experienced runner and got good yardage on 3-4 runs. Kind of hard to say at this point that there are 2 more teams ya'll play that are better than SC. If they are.....that would be reason for concern for the big blue.

Stop and think about what you just said....Worst team SC has had since 2005 and according to most, this G-ville team is the best since the 80s. Our worst just beat your best??

I really don't recall SC's D-line being in our backfield hardly at all if at all, and when Chaz threw, I don't know if he ever got rushed. On Woodmore's big runs, he didn't get touched til he got in the secondary. And, SC's runners had to change direction in the backfield on several occasions from Gville's D-line being back there.

We will play two better teams, and it is cause for concern if we don't fix the problems we had the other night.

And, I knew exactly what I said about ya'lls worst beating our best. It shouldn't have happened but it did, that's why it sticks in my craw.

I've seen discipline win the game for Gville, and I've seen Gville win with less talent, but we've had some really good team in the past 12 years including this year, and there's a mental block keeping it from happening again.

I really don't recall SC's D-line being in our backfield hardly at all if at all, and when Chaz threw, I don't know if he ever got rushed. On Woodmore's big runs, he didn't get touched til he got in the secondary. And, SC's runners had to change direction in the backfield on several occasions from Gville's D-line being back there.

We will play two better teams, and it is cause for concern if we don't fix the problems we had the other night.

And, I knew exactly what I said about ya'lls worst beating our best. It shouldn't have happened but it did, that's why it sticks in my craw.

I've seen discipline win the game for Gville, and I've seen Gville win with less talent, but we've had some really good team in the past 12 years including this year, and there's a mental block keeping it from happening again.

"SC's D-Line not in Gordonsville backfield" = The SC doesn't penetrate up field, they play gap responsibility parellel to the line of scrimmage so that they don't up creases for opposing runners to make cuts and run through, so that explains that. The Gordonsville offensive line didn't jewel block too well or there wouldn't have been a half a dozen tipped or knocked down balls at the line of scrimmage.

"Mental Block?" = You really believe that? You think those kidsin Gordonsville think they wasn't going to win that game on Friday? Do you think those coaches thought they weren't going to win? Come on now!!!

"SC's D-Line not in Gordonsville backfield" = The SC doesn't penetrate up field, they play gap responsibility parellel to the line of scrimmage so that they don't up creases for opposing runners to make cuts and run through, so that explains that. The Gordonsville offensive line didn't jewel block too well or there wouldn't have been a half a dozen tipped or knocked down balls at the line of scrimmage.

"Mental Block?" = You really believe that? You think those kidsin Gordonsville think they wasn't going to win that game on Friday? Do you think those coaches thought they weren't going to win? Come on now!!!

You said Coaching and discipline(which goes hand in hand) was the difference in the game and I agree.

Does SC's D-line not penetrate upfield on pass plays(which ws mainly what I was referring to) in their gap technique? Chaz had all day to throw and the batted balls was a result of the D-line staying disciplined. If you can't rush the passer, you get your hands up.

SC's defense is very disciplined, that is why the hitch pass didn't work as well. The defense didn't miss tackles.

There is a difference in team discipline between these two schools, and I don't think anyone can argue that. Look at sideline behavior, personal foul penalties, and the fact that SC didn't drop their heads after big plays.

As far as the O-Line for Gville, I think a RB averaging over 8 yards a carry speaks for itself, but it couldn't overcome the difference in discipline between the two teams.

As far as the mental block or whatever it is, this team has heard and thought that they were going to win this game, but you know as well as I do that you still have to show up and perform. I believe discipline can be attributed to that as well.

Edited by croz6110

You said Coaching and discipline(which goes hand in hand) was the difference in the game and I agree.

Does SC's D-line not penetrate upfield on pass plays(which ws mainly what I was referring to) in their gap technique? Chaz had all day to throw and the batted balls was a result of the D-line staying disciplined. If you can't rush the passer, you get your hands up.

SC's defense is very disciplined, that is why the hitch pass didn't work as well. The defense didn't miss tackles.

There is a difference in team discipline between these two schools, and I don't think anyone can argue that. Look at sideline behavior, personal foul penalties, and the fact that SC didn't drop their heads after big plays.

As far as the O-Line for Gville, I think a RB averaging over 8 yards a carry speaks for itself, but it couldn't overcome the difference in discipline between the two teams.

As far as the mental block or whatever it is, this team has heard and thought that they were going to win this game, but you know as well as I do that you still have to show up and perform. I believe discipline can be attributed to that as well.

It seems that all the hype is put on Gville's mistakes. SC made plenty mistakes that will have to be corrected if we expect to improve: staying with blocks, getting rid of blockers, hitting the hole quicker and many more. We can't and won't let these mistakes go unnoticed. The coaches will work diligently to fix the mistakes made Friday night. If not, the season could be long.

It seems that all the hype is put on Gville's mistakes. SC made plenty mistakes that will have to be corrected if we expect to improve: staying with blocks, getting rid of blockers, hitting the hole quicker and many more. We can't and won't let these mistakes go unnoticed. The coaches will work diligently to fix the mistakes made Friday night. If not, the season could be long.

Both teams made mistakes typical this early in the season.

SC's can more than likely be attributed to youth and inexperience and a few starters being absent.

The main thing is like you said, both teams have to move forward making the correct adjustments, which I'm confident both can do.

Here's to a great season for both teams.