gordonsville@smith co.

pasttiger

wow... glad u got all that out of your system...I really hate that u got on here and called kids names NOT COOL

We dont need your GATE $$$$

PPl were putting decals in the urinals when i played ball in high school 30 years ago

FYI our region with those 2 little WEAK teams TCHS and FCS is one of the strongest in the state

I hope u feel better after ur big BLOW OFF

we understand that ya love the tigers. we love the owls. i didnt want to get personal on here but enough is enough. those kids friday night couldnt beat us they shouldnt feel bad their daddys couldnt either. i use to say i support the tigers after they play sc not anymore i hope this particular disrespectful team never wins another game. a certain player for the tigers is ridiculous. dancing and cussin out your coaches aint football. he acts more like a mascot than a f ball player.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow... glad u got all that out of your system...I really hate that u got on here and called kids names NOT COOL

We dont need your GATE $$$$

PPl were putting decals in the urinals when i played ball in high school 30 years ago

FYI our region with those 2 little WEAK teams TCHS and FCS is one of the strongest in the state

I hope u feel better after ur big BLOW OFF

You are right. I should not have named a name. My apologies on that. Dont need our gate money? Now that is funny!!! And putting decals in urinals is still disrespectful, classless and degrading. I was always taught to respect my opponents regardless of how much I didn't like them and to win OR lose with class and dignity. As far as im concerned that never goes out of style, now, 30 years ago, or 30 years from now. As far as TC and FC go, we beat FC everytime we played them back a few years ago. Im not exactly sure on our record with TC but I know its around .500. You cant say you are even close with either team. Go play and beat somebody thats good!!!

I was reading in my book and it seems that Smith County has some big ole boys and Gordonsville was not able to knock a hole in the line for that Woodmore boy to run through. Let me ask you a question. Why did that coach at Gordonsville not try to get that Woodmore boy outside and let him run wide? I garuntee you that he could have run outside better than inside. You think im joking cause im not. That coach at Gordonsville should have run the halfback option throwback to the passer play. I garuntee you that would have tricked them and Gordonsville would have not got shutout. You think im joking cause im not.

sir the young man u are referring to is a great kid but he doesnt have any speed. he is a fullback not a taikback. he was caught from behind repeatedly. he had 173 yds wasnt that enough. runnin wide he wouldnt have a chance

sc can talk smack but cant take it. so who is in your region, not much. most years we could mop the field with who you play. a state title is a state title.i think you cant get over the fact we walked all over you all on our way to get it. i say this thread is over but if you want to keep beating the dead horse in the behind, we can do that. thread over till next year.

Cant take your smack talk? All I got to say is 12 in a row and like 400 to 10 or somethin. Thats an exaggeration if you didnt catch it. And nope. Didnt walk all over me. Im one of the many many who never lost to G ville. From 7 years old all the way through high school not one L.

If it were up to me these two schools would never meet to play ANY sport, it's not worth it. As for having class and respect, someone needs to give the father grilling burgers a few pointers as well. He was about as classless as anyone I've had the misfortune of being around lately. I'm not the only person to hear him either, just glad his grandson didn't happen to hear him. tsk tsk tsk ....

I am one that is in favor of consolidation myself. With everyone on the same page and with the right attitudes it would be scary what those kids could do. We would be 4A and ALL have rings I believe. Of course I have been sayin this for nearly 20 years though.

15 starters?! so you are counting the stripes!!! :roflol:

yeah their breathing said gassed and their faces said "here we go again". it was not a good combo.

sc's hitch pass was what ended up putting the nail in the coffin for g-ville.

who was #8 the rb, that kid looked like he ought to be starting, what little we saw of him. is he a freshman, that's the only reason i could see him being second string. was he the stud from the middle school last year?

and i knew it was you before our conversation was over. you can't bs a bs'er. ;)

number 8 is my cousin jamison stevenson he is a sophomore. he lacks experience which he got friday night. jalen manning is the kid u are referrin to from last year he is number 25. ya are in trouble. both kids are very good young men. they have alot in common. mainly that both have a parent from sc and one from gville. again ya are in trouble

I'm sorry owlperson but I'd never be for consolidation. Let me rephrase that, consolidate only if a complete new staff is hired, including coaches. Yep not one teacher in place at either high school should teach there. Should be a complete new clean swipe of the slate and start fresh and clean. It would only be fair, that way no one could cry prejudice. My opinion has nothing to do with sports but about fair treatment of the kids.

I'm sorry owlperson but I'd never be for consolidation. Let me rephrase that, consolidate only if a complete new staff is hired, including coaches. Yep not one teacher in place at either high school should teach there. Should be a complete new clean swipe of the slate and start fresh and clean. It would only be fair, that way no one could cry prejudice. My opinion has nothing to do with sports but about fair treatment of the kids.

:roflol:

I didn't have to get online last night after the game to know what I would find on here this morning. The main thing in Gville is the defeated attitude of the town. Instead of focusing on an entire season, there are people who judge it all by this one game. When we lose, they cast stones everywhere. Our season is over now and everyone needs to be fired . Grow up . This is one game. It would have been great to have won but we didn't. We haven't for 12 yrs now. The sun is still shining and the birds are still singing this morning and we have eight games left that mean something to make the playoffs. Congrats to the Owls for winning again. How do you expect the players not to give up when YOU give up on the program after one game? The players know what is coming from our so-called fans when they lose this one. They quit on us.

I just want to say that I am proud of the Tigers and will have their backs every single game. We faced adversity and for the most part fought back tooth and nail. We got wore down. Yes, we got some bad calls, but we also didn't capitalize on drives that should have resulted in points. We shot ourselves in the foot over and over last night. Our defense played hard but they simply wore out. Credit that to the Owls and their play. Look in at this as an outsider with nothing at stake, and realize you are going to pick a 3a school over a 1a school every single time. Do you think the Owls could go and beat Riverdale? Could South Pitt beat Alcoa? Could Trousdale beat Maryville? Who would be favored by the mass? I think you know the answer. When you are playing a bigger school, you are fighting an uphill battle from the get-go. We have got to stop this quitter attitude in our town and keep fighting to support this team. Some of our fans need a choke chain on here.

One more thing I want to say, you put all your hopes in Medley coming back. But when we lose, you jump on the guy's back on here. You were fine last week when we won. Think about it. The team wins and the team loses. He can't help it if we throw three INT's and fumble away the ball.

Maynord is in a unique situation. If a parent doesn't like how a coach is doing things, they can race to the principal to whine. But In carthage,Maynord has ultimate power as head coach . If Phil Fulmer also had Mike Hamilton's job, he would never have been fired would he? I know many Carthage parents that don't like many of his coaching techniques and that is why their children are either at Gville, at other schools, or don't play anymore. I don't know of any other head coach with as much power as that guy has. He gets results but usually dictators do. Kudos to him for another win and best wishes for another successful season.

He may not make every little junior's mom and dad happy. Is he supposed to? His technigues on the football field and in the school do create winning results, yes that's for sure, but you really trying to take a shot at the man's integrity? Really? Do you know him? Have you played for him? Did he teach you in school? If he and his staff were hard on your son, showed him how to win, while still teaching him life's lessons, would that be so bad? I can tell you SC football is not easy, and neither is life. Win or lose, to play SC football, it ain't easy. If kids are looking for an extracurricular activity that is peaches and cream, it's not SC football. It's not for everybody. Having said that, Maynord is just the head coach. SC football is so much bigger than Jimmy Maynord. He just happens to be the one to get a lot of the credit being the head coach. He don't win anything without the support. SC has from top to bottom, one of the best coaching staffs in the state. I know that, as well as many other people outside of SC. The results on the field start with those fine guys. They are the ones that are with their players, on their butts, teaching them, coaching them and disciplining them. Don't forget about the QB club, that bust their tail giving their very own coaches and players so many opportunities and to continue upgrading the facilites that a small college would be jealous of. Then don't forget about the "parents" that you spoke about. They make sure their kid is there and turn their kids over to the school to learn and to the coaches to learn and trust that these men will mold their kids into anything positive when they are not with them.

It would be easy to sit over there on the other side of the river and think of 1,000 reasons why Gordonsvile gets their butt whipped ever year. You could use the size of the school, it's all in the head, SC gets more than Gville, the head coach is a dictator, we had to play the referees too, etc. I am not calling Gordonsville or anybody associated with that program losers, but that is what loser's do. I know those coaches and kids on the other side of the river surely don't use those excuxes. But if they did, I can tell you where it comes from. It would come from the people on thie message board, who can't see 5 feet in front of them. Wake up! The sooner you realize that it's not what SC is doing, but rather about what you are or are not doing. I am by no means suggesting that SC has the best football programs in the state, but it wouldn't be a bad place to want to be in my opinion.

As for game and for Gordonsville, I didn't get to witness it live. I heard it was a good game and an awesome atmosphere, an atmosphere that I hope these kids don't take for granted because I can almost assure both schools that they won't have one this big for the rest of the season. I read on coachT all of the posts before I watched the game, so I had an idea. I will say two things about the game and then I will leave it to people to bash me for my words. #1 Gordonsville has a great football team. They have a chance to honestly win another gold football, they really do. They will get better as the year goes on too. SC fans will hear it even more when they win another gold football, because it could happen. But #2, and how ironic that is, there are discipline issues in Blue Tiger country. Maybe after this week, that will be ironed out, and when they do win or don't win that gold ball, they can do it with a little more discipline. That one word believe it or not, was the difference in the football game. That one word is what ties into the SC staff (school and football staff,) the QB club and the parents of every SC football player. As a fan of SC football, it was refreshing to see that discipline won that football game. So many people will never understand how much that one word means to a football program. So congratulations to the kids of Smith County High School for the win and for winning that way when all you have heard on here is how much better athletes this school had or how much experience this school had, or how much more strong this team was over the another, when in the end, it came down to discipline. Some live it, and some underestimate it. I know it hurts to hear it for some, but just remember, it's just one high school football fan's opinion.

Guest Termite

Come on B-bellz....do you honestly think a teacher cares where a kid lives?? Do you think a High School teacher cares itf a kid lives in Rome , Hickman, Pea Ridge, Defeated, Dixon Springs, Lancaster???

Do you think a coach cares where a kid lives as long as he /she can help get wins?? If that be the case...how come transfers get to play at all.

That's part of the problem...it's never the kids with the THEM/US, it's the parents.

Fair treatment??? Sometimes fair treatment is kind of like beauty....it's in the eye of the beholder.

He may not make every little junior's mom and dad happy. Is he supposed to? His technigues on the football field and in the school do create winning results, yes that's for sure, but you really trying to take a shot at the man's integrity? Really? Do you know him? Have you played for him? Did he teach you in school? If he and his staff were hard on your son, showed him how to win, while still teaching him life's lessons, would that be so bad? I can tell you SC football is not easy, and neither is life. Win or lose, to play SC football, it ain't easy. If kids are looking for an extracurricular activity that is peaches and cream, it's not SC football. It's not for everybody. Having said that, Maynord is just the head coach. SC football is so much bigger than Jimmy Maynord. He just happens to be the one to get a lot of the credit being the head coach. He don't win anything without the support. SC has from top to bottom, one of the best coaching staffs in the state. I know that, as well as many other people outside of SC. The results on the field start with those fine guys. They are the ones that are with their players, on their butts, teaching them, coaching them and disciplining them. Don't forget about the QB club, that bust their tail giving their very own coaches and players so many opportunities and to continue upgrading the facilites that a small college would be jealous of. Then don't forget about the "parents" that you spoke about. They make sure their kid is there and turn their kids over to the school to learn and to the coaches to learn and trust that these men will mold their kids into anything positive when they are not with them.

It would be easy to sit over there on the other side of the river and think of 1,000 reasons why Gordonsvile gets their butt whipped ever year. You could use the size of the school, it's all in the head, SC gets more than Gville, the head coach is a dictator, we had to play the referees too, etc. I am not calling Gordonsville or anybody associated with that program losers, but that is what loser's do. I know those coaches and kids on the other side of the river surely don't use those excuxes. But if they did, I can tell you where it comes from. It would come from the people on thie message board, who can't see 5 feet in front of them. Wake up! The sooner you realize that it's not what SC is doing, but rather about what you are or are not doing. I am by no means suggesting that SC has the best football programs in the state, but it wouldn't be a bad place to want to be in my opinion.

As for game and for Gordonsville, I didn't get to witness it live. I heard it was a good game and an awesome atmosphere, an atmosphere that I hope these kids don't take for granted because I can almost assure both schools that they won't have one this big for the rest of the season. I read on coachT all of the posts before I watched the game, so I had an idea. I will say two things about the game and then I will leave it to people to bash me for my words. #1 Gordonsville has a great football team. They have a chance to honestly win another gold football, they really do. They will get better as the year goes on too. SC fans will hear it even more when they win another gold football, because it could happen. But #2, and how ironic that is, there are discipline issues in Blue Tiger country. Maybe after this week, that will be ironed out, and when they do win or don't win that gold ball, they can do it with a little more discipline. That one word believe it or not, was the difference in the football game. That one word is what ties into the SC staff (school and football staff,) the QB club and the parents of every SC football player. As a fan of SC football, it was refreshing to see that discipline won that football game. So many people will never understand how much that one word means to a football program. So congratulations to the kids of Smith County High School for the win and for winning that way when all you have heard on here is how much better athletes this school had or how much experience this school had, or how much more strong this team was over the another, when in the end, it came down to discipline. Some live it, and some underestimate it. I know it hurts to hear it for some, but just remember, it's just one high school football fan's opinion.

I have to say that I agree with the biggest part of it.

Gville's football team doesn't have near the support as SC.

And, I agree discipline was the difference.

Support is also the difference. Look at the support and results Maynord gets at SC compared to when he was at Upperman.

I have to say that I agree with the biggest part of it.

Gville's football team doesn't have near the support as SC.

And, I agree discipline was the difference.

Support is also the difference. Look at the support and results Maynord gets at SC compared to when he was at Upperman.

Dang ILHSF, you brought us all to our knees. Terrific post and so much truth to what you said. I know your identity and not being from Smith County you hit the nail on the head. But, can the Owls rest on their accomplishments and think we are the best around - NO - we have to keep working harder than ever and continue winning!