gordonsville@smith co.

pasttiger

carthage really not impressive, this one is on us. this game usually has no bearing on our season. i think we will respond next week. the season didnt come an end.

If you are not "impressed" with SC winning 20-0, I hate to see the score when you ARE "impressed" by an opponent. As you say, the season did not come to an end tonight. Both teams need to move on and win the rest.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, B) you better take off those glasses, chicken county was LUCKY to get the 20 they got. I doubt either one of those offenses could score 40 against a playoff caliber defense. Too bad ya'll skeered to play TC. :o How'd ya'lls middle school do Thursday? ;)

SC Middle School got beat by a VERY good and impressive TC team. Good luck this year.

Guest Termite

Gordy is better than last year. SC about the same as last year. Gordy wins by 2 touchdowns and Medley is the difference.

I will remind ya'll I was right. Deal with it.

Still waiting for that "reminder" Mumbojumbo.....You ain't having a hard time trying to "deal with it" are you???? :roflol:

I had a viewpoint for this ball game that I don't normally have. The difference between the two programs is attitude and discipline. I know, in this day and age, athletes are allowed to "show their emotions" more than in days gone by, but continuing to cry and moan to anyone that will listen while drawing all the attention you possibly can is an outright discipline problem. That would not fly on the black and gold sideline.

As for the game, the game was won in preparation and execution in CRUCIAL situations. No way the Tigers should go to the half without any points, but that is exactly what happened. SC took Gville's best shot and turned them away. The Owls make a big play at a big time and the Tigers just kind of slipped away. I don't readily agree with the "better" players argument, either. The better players won the game. They are better for many reasons. The penalties were huge but regularly in this series that has shown up and is because of discipline. #2 had the speed at that point in the game to score without the hole, the PI was the correct call the line judge waited to throw the flag to give the back judge the opportunity to throw it first, and the late hits were just that. All in all, a familiar tune played last night and the Owls did what they needed to do to seal the WIN. The early work the Owls got against tough competition was a factor, as well.

Pretty tasteless for the cheering of a defenseless umpire getting caught up in the play and knocked around. I've come to expect that from a few, but come on. An earlier poster said something about excuses starting early when someone was commenting on linemen being out. I've never heard a game given up on so fast by a few Tiger faithful after just a couple penalties.

Tigers, go win 13 in a row!!

Owls win and start getting ready for LA.

I agree with a lot of this. I've seen a day a time when the Tigers were as disciplined as anyone, and I haven't seen that in the last ten years.

And, quitting when you go down 7-0 is lack of heart. There's no way to sugarcoat it.

The PI on Chaz, I still disagree with, but it didn't give the Owls any points. And, the late hit on McCoy on the SC sideline. He didn't hit the guy, he barely touched him, but he put himself in that situation. You can't do that.

The better players argument, ok, better athletes. Gville was winning alot of parts of the game but couldn't turn that to points, and I believe they were whipped when they went into halftime 0-0.

From my viewpoint, there is no reason why the score shouldn't have been reversed, but the better coaching won out.

As for the ref, if things had been going Gville's way at that point, SC would've been cheering, and I'm pretty sure they were cheering anyway. You just couldn't tell cause you were on the Gville sideline.

In Summary, better coaching and preparation and DISCIPLINE won out. That is why the streak is at 12.

I didn't have to get online last night after the game to know what I would find on here this morning. The main thing in Gville is the defeated attitude of the town. Instead of focusing on an entire season, there are people who judge it all by this one game. When we lose, they cast stones everywhere. Our season is over now and everyone needs to be fired . Grow up . This is one game. It would have been great to have won but we didn't. We haven't for 12 yrs now. The sun is still shining and the birds are still singing this morning and we have eight games left that mean something to make the playoffs. Congrats to the Owls for winning again. How do you expect the players not to give up when YOU give up on the program after one game? The players know what is coming from our so-called fans when they lose this one. They quit on us.

I just want to say that I am proud of the Tigers and will have their backs every single game. We faced adversity and for the most part fought back tooth and nail. We got wore down. Yes, we got some bad calls, but we also didn't capitalize on drives that should have resulted in points. We shot ourselves in the foot over and over last night. Our defense played hard but they simply wore out. Credit that to the Owls and their play. Look in at this as an outsider with nothing at stake, and realize you are going to pick a 3a school over a 1a school every single time. Do you think the Owls could go and beat Riverdale? Could South Pitt beat Alcoa? Could Trousdale beat Maryville? Who would be favored by the mass? I think you know the answer. When you are playing a bigger school, you are fighting an uphill battle from the get-go. We have got to stop this quitter attitude in our town and keep fighting to support this team. Some of our fans need a choke chain on here.

One more thing I want to say, you put all your hopes in Medley coming back. But when we lose, you jump on the guy's back on here. You were fine last week when we won. Think about it. The team wins and the team loses. He can't help it if we throw three INT's and fumble away the ball.

Maynord is in a unique situation. If a parent doesn't like how a coach is doing things, they can race to the principal to whine. But In carthage,Maynord has ultimate power as head coach . If Phil Fulmer also had Mike Hamilton's job, he would never have been fired would he? I know many Carthage parents that don't like many of his coaching techniques and that is why their children are either at Gville, at other schools, or don't play anymore. I don't know of any other head coach with as much power as that guy has. He gets results but usually dictators do. Kudos to him for another win and best wishes for another successful season.

Edited by thebluetigerpaw

I didn't have to get online last night after the game to know what I would find on here this morning. The main thing in Gville is the defeated attitude of the town. Instead of focusing on an entire season, there are people who judge it all by this one game. When we lose, they cast stones everywhere. Our season is over now and everyone needs to be fired . Grow up . This is one game. It would have been great to have won but we didn't. We haven't for 12 yrs now. The sun is still shining and the birds are still singing this morning and we have eight games left that mean something to make the playoffs. Congrats to the Owls for winning again. How do you expect the players not to give up when YOU give up on the program after one game? The players know what is coming from our so-called fans when they lose this one. They quit on us.

I just want to say that I am proud of the Tigers and will have their backs every single game. We faced adversity and for the most part fought back tooth and nail. We got wore down. Yes, we got some bad calls, but we also didn't capitalize on drives that should have resulted in points. We shot ourselves in the foot over and over last night. Our defense played hard but they simply wore out. Credit that to the Owls and their play. Look in at this as an outsider with nothing at stake, and realize you are going to pick a 3a school over a 1a school every single time. Do you think the Owls could go and beat Riverdale? Could South Pitt beat Alcoa? Could Trousdale beat Maryville? Who would be favored by the mass? I think you know the answer. When you are playing a bigger school, you are fighting an uphill battle from the get-go. We have got to stop this quitter attitude in our town and keep fighting to support this team. Some of our fans need a choke chain on here.

One more thing I want to say, you put all your hopes in Medley coming back. But when we lose, you jump on the guy's back on here. You were fine last week when we won. Think about it. The team wins and the team loses. He can't help it if we throw three INT's and fumble away the ball.

Maynord is in a unique situation. If a parent doesn't like how a coach is doing things, they can race to the principal to whine. But In carthage,Maynord has ultimate power as head coach . If Phil Fulmer also had Mike Hamilton's job, he would never have been fired would he? I know many Carthage parents that don't like many of his coaching techniques and that is why their children are either at Gville, at other schools, or don't play anymore. I don't know of any other head coach with as much power as that guy has. He gets results but usually dictators do. Kudos to him for another win and best wishes for another successful season.

bluetigerpaw, I agree with your post for the most part, but calling Maynard a dictator is a stretch.

I'm not close to the program, obviously, as others there are, but evidently he doesn't allow parents,

fans or others to decide how he coaches his players, and rightly so. Neither Satterfield nor Creasy

does either. They get results, they run the show.

I listened to the game on the radio. G'ville had many opportunities to make this game have a much

different outcome, but couldn't seal the deal when it counted. SC was well prepared, especially

on defense. G'ville wasn't.

Best of luck the rest of the season...except when the Jackets come calling.