gordonsville@smith co.

pasttiger

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got on here the other night after I left a ballgame more frustrated and disappointed than I've ever been, and I said some things that I might not should have.

I want the best for this team, and it's frustrating when they don't do as well as they can.

I specifically didn't blame it on any one person like others, because it's not one person's fault.

We have a good coaching staff and we have excellent athletes. I have confidence that they'll fix the issues from Friday.

I've supported this team for a long time and through some lean times, and some people forget that. Just because I don't act like everything's peachy, I get questioned about my support of the team, which is a crock.

I just hope the problems are fixed which will allow this team to play up to their potential.

Here's what the Herald-Citizen had.....

Offensively, Gordonsville had a better game than Smith County, outgaining them 272 to 261 in total offense. The Tigers controlled the ground game 200 yards to 169.

Cody Woodmore led the Tiger rush with 20 carries for 173 yards, while Stevenson was the leading Owls rusher with 55 yards on 10 carries.

GHS quarterback Chaz Smith was saddled with three interceptions as he was 6-for-18 through the air for 74 yards. For the Owls, Scurlock was 6-for-13 passing for 92 yards.

Also to add to this, I know the Tigers had more penalty yards in the first half than the Owls had total yards. 85-74.

The Owls really didn't have any offense til late in the 3rd.

Here's what the Herald-Citizen had.....

Offensively, Gordonsville had a better game than Smith County, outgaining them 272 to 261 in total offense. The Tigers controlled the ground game 200 yards to 169.

Cody Woodmore led the Tiger rush with 20 carries for 173 yards, while Stevenson was the leading Owls rusher with 55 yards on 10 carries.

GHS quarterback Chaz Smith was saddled with three interceptions as he was 6-for-18 through the air for 74 yards. For the Owls, Scurlock was 6-for-13 passing for 92 yards.

Also to add to this, I know the Tigers had more penalty yards in the first half than the Owls had total yards. 85-74.

The Owls really didn't have any offense til late in the 3rd.

close to what i figured. yea, the owls running game didn't pick up much of any momentum until they started platooning the line in the late 3rd quarter and the 4th. same could be said for the the owls def. line also. also worth mentioning, gordonsville's playbook was too limited to offer any surprise's.

smith county made the big play when they needed to with the long pass. after that the combination of sc putting in fresher players and gville imploding was enough to let the game get out of hand. i will say that after the holding call on the big run by woodmore, which was questionable, i looked at seven and said, "well the refs just set the tone for this one." which they did.

all that said, sc did what they had to to win and congratulations. as far as gordonsville goes, they will have to make some adjustments and will need to get some convincing wins to get back to anywhere near the hype that had been put on them prior to this week.

best part of the game? watching scpride hopping up and down and fist pumping on top of the press box! :roflolk: i thought he was going to fall off the roof after that big pass play. that show he put on was well worth the price of admission! :roflolk:

Edited by snoball5278

Guest Termite

close to what i figured. yea, the owls running game didn't pick up much of any momentum until they started platooning the line in the late 3rd quarter and the 4th. same could be said for the the owls def. line also. also worth mentioning, gordonsville's playbook was too limited to offer any surprise's.

smith county made the big play when they needed to with the long pass. after that the combination of sc putting in fresher players and gville imploding was enough to let the game get out of hand. i will say that after the holding call on the big run by woodmore, which was questionable, i looked at seven and said, "well the refs just set the tone for this one." which they did.

all that said, sc did what they had to to win and congratulations. as far as gordonsville goes, they will have to make some adjustments and will need to get some convincing wins to get back to anywhere near the hype that had been put on them prior to this week.

best part of the game? watching scpride hopping up and down and fist pumping on top of the press box! :roflolk: i thought he was going to fall off the roof after that big pass play. that show he put on was well worth the price of admission! :roflolk:

Now ain't that something. A TC man commenting on the "refs setting the tone". Well, I guess he should know how that works. :roflol: (We're still working on the clock thing). Seven said earlier all you need is 11-15. So fresh players don't play into it does it? G-ville fielded as many or more players than I've even seen them have. Questionable hold call??? You've got to be kidding. The interference call was more questionable than that.

SCpride has to jump up and down. He's not tall enough to see over the railing.

Now ain't that something. A TC man commenting on the "refs setting the tone". Well, I guess he should know how that works.(We're still working on the clock thing). Seven said earlier all you need is 11-15. So fresh players don't play into it does it? G-ville fielded as many or more players than I've even seen them have. Questionable hold call??? You've got to be kidding. The interference call was more questionable than that.

SCpride has to jump up and down. He's not tall enough to see over the railing.

20 yds past the line of scrimmage and 15 away from the play, that's a little questionable. that clock works fine and besides there aint a clock in the world that can help being down by 21. :roflol: now termite i know that you know football and we both know that when g-ville's line started bending over and sucking wind that maynord sent in a fresh line. i'm not knocking him for it, if you can do it then it's a smart coaching move, i'm just pointing out that that is when the offense got rolling for sc. and no, fresh players don't play into for tc, gville on the other hand... :rolleyes::lol:

it was good talking to you the other night. :thumb:

Guest Termite

20 yds past the line of scrimmage and 15 away from the play, that's a little questionable. that clock works fine and besides there aint a clock in the world that can help being down by 21. :roflol: now termite i know that you know football and we both know that when g-ville's line started bending over and sucking wind that maynord sent in a fresh line. i'm not knocking him for it, if you can do it then it's a smart coaching move, i'm just pointing out that that is when the offense got rolling for sc. and no, fresh players don't play into for tc, gville on the other hand... :rolleyes::lol:

it was good talking to you the other night. :thumb:

It was only 15 yards away from the play and 20 yards past the line because that's how long he was held.. Really, I just saw 1 O-line swap in and out..and 1 D-lineman swap in and out. Maybe TEs and wideouts were in and out. The center normally plays tackle, and the big boy #71 just started his 1st game..I think.

I think some of this was brought up earlier in the week. Then nobody thought it would matter, and G-ville is in great shape, SC only plays 30-35 kids in mop up, you only need 11-15...etc....I tried to tell folks that SC has 15 starters on O and 15 starters on D...I tend to believe that SC's offense got going after the half due to some adjustments, throwing a little more, and G-ville doing the same thing in the 2nd half as the 1st. I don't know if G-ville was gassed and much as that's the reaction you get from them when they get down to SC. Heads down, bending over, hands on hips...not gassed...It's a "here we go again" thing.

Uh-OH.........another that thinks he knows me......

It was only 15 yards away from the play and 20 yards past the line because that's how long he was held.. Really, I just saw 1 O-line swap in and out..and 1 D-lineman swap in and out. Maybe TEs and wideouts were in and out. The center normally plays tackle, and the big boy #71 just started his 1st game..I think.

I think some of this was brought up earlier in the week. Then nobody thought it would matter, and G-ville is in great shape, SC only plays 30-35 kids in mop up, you only need 11-15...etc....I tried to tell folks that SC has 15 starters on O and 15 starters on D...I tend to believe that SC's offense got going after the half due to some adjustments, throwing a little more, and G-ville doing the same thing in the 2nd half as the 1st. I don't know if G-ville was gassed and much as that's the reaction you get from them when they get down to SC. Heads down, bending over, hands on hips...not gassed...It's a "here we go again" thing.

Uh-OH.........another that thinks he knows me......

15 starters?! so you are counting the stripes!!! :roflol:

yeah their breathing said gassed and their faces said "here we go again". it was not a good combo.

sc's hitch pass was what ended up putting the nail in the coffin for g-ville.

who was #8 the rb, that kid looked like he ought to be starting, what little we saw of him. is he a freshman, that's the only reason i could see him being second string. was he the stud from the middle school last year?

and i knew it was you before our conversation was over. you can't bs a bs'er. ;)

Edited by snoball5278

You know, I am just sick of all this CRAP on here. G ville doesnt play with class or discipline. And guess what! It comes from the adults in the town down. I hear all the time of how the people in g say they hate the people, the coaches, and the players from SMITH COUNTY!!!!! Then yall get on here and say how you wish us luck the rest of the time. Well I am callin bull ....! How classy is it to allow the kids in the locker room to put a SC helmet decal in a urinal? You think that would be allowed in SCs locker room? Not a chance! And just please tell me how G has the better players? Are they stronger? Probably so, They are fortunate to have a strength and conditionin class every day. SC doesnt. But are they faster? NO! Do they have the balance, coordination, and change of direction skills theat our players do? NO! I heard Coach Marshal say on sports nuts that bein stronger equates to bein faster. Not exactly. Olympic weight lifters are probably all stronger than Bolt. Can they out run him? LOL!!!!! And NO G doesnt have the depth SC has. The coaches work those young guys they get just as hard as they do the older ones. . . On the practice field. . . Every day!!! They get them prepared to come in and play in clutch situations! And please for the love of green grass stop making all the excuses. EVERYONE is SICK of hearing it. The guy blatently held on the reverse. The pass interference was a good play and a good call cause it WOULD have been a TD. The one late hit, maybe questoinable. But guess the freak what. . . There were many others that could have been called. Chaz done it all night long and guess what else. . . G has been doin it for years now! Hittin somebody when they are down but be something to be proud of over there. I am sick of us even playin yall. You wont make as much money in the next two years combined as you did Friday night and personally Im tired of givin ya that gate. You show NO respect and you play with no class, discipline, or leadership. And like I said from the start, it comes from the ADULTS down. Get over yourselves! You arent world beaters. Neither are we but we dont get on here and claim to be!!!! I would love to see Gs record the last 20 years against people other than the weak little region teams yall play. Play a White House. Heck at least scrimmage somebody that can compete with ya. Prepare for a full game. Get hit a little bit in the preseason. But Im done with ya and with tryin to help you learn how to win. And no we dont have a state title but we have never played in the minor leagues either. And guess what else. . . THIS ISNT the 1980s!!!!!!

Guest Termite

15 starters?! so you are counting the stripes!!! :roflol:

yeah their breathing said gassed and their faces said "here we go again". it was not a good combo.

sc's hitch pass was what ended up putting the nail in the coffin for g-ville.

who was #8 the rb, that kid looked like he ought to be starting, what little we saw of him. is he a freshman, that's the only reason i could see him being second string. was he the stud from the middle school last year?

and i knew it was you before our conversation was over. you can't bs a bs'er. ;)

Naw...if you count the stripes that would be 18-20. Learned a thing or 2 from the creek bank. #8 is a soph. He played Jr. high ball...ahem...for G-ville.

Ya'll don't listen....he would count as one of the 15...same as a starter.

#25 had a carry or 2. He's the kid from Jr. high last year.

Seven said he would buy me a coke, if he met me....Ask him if he bought anyone a coke. I sure would have collected......