gordonsville@smith co.

pasttiger

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

number 8 is my cousin jamison stevenson he is a sophomore. he lacks experience which he got friday night. jalen manning is the kid u are referrin to from last year he is number 25. ya are in trouble. both kids are very good young men. they have alot in common. mainly that both have a parent from sc and one from gville. again ya are in trouble

are you trying to say, "you all are in trouble."? because if you are, i can assure you my team is far from in trouble. we are progressing through the season quite nicely so far and just trounced a 6a team in ky. and we don't play you all this year or next and haven't for a year or two. and if we did, we would have been heavy favorites last year and this year you all would have been in BIG trouble after what i saw friday night. that o and d line needs work if you guy's are wanting to compete against good playoff teams later this year. best to find these things out soonner than later in the season. good luck and hope you guy's make improvements where you need to. :thumb:

Alright, here's my final synopsis on the game. People can agree or disagree.

IMO, Gville did everything to win the game except score, that may not make much sense, but that's the way it happened. Our line dominated on both sides of the ball til late when some of the players had their heads down.

I moved back to Gville in 2005, and I believe this is the worst SC team in that time frame, and yes I understand that SC had some players out the other night and I'm accounting for that. Gville will play two more teams in the regular season that are better than SC.

Things have greatly changed in Gville football in the last 10-12 years, and I don't think anyone can argue that, and it was a slow change over time. However, I know that this staff and this team can have huge success this year. The season isn't over but Friday night is a bitter pill to swallow nonetheless.(refs included)

I have faith that they can turn it around and put a whooping on FC this week and TC the next. They just have to make up their minds to do it.

In case I hadn't said it already Go Blue, and congrats to SC on a well played and well coached game.

are you trying to say, "you all are in trouble."? because if you are, i can assure you my team is far from in trouble. we are progressing through the season quite nicely so far and just trounced a 6a team in ky. and we don't play you all this year or next and haven't for a year or two. and if we did, we would have been heavy favorites last year and this year you all would have been in BIG trouble after what i saw friday night. that o and d line needs work if you guy's are wanting to compete against good playoff teams later this year. best to find these things out soonner than later in the season. good luck and hope you guy's make improvements where you need to. :thumb:

good point i jus like to dig at tc a little. i played for sc in the late 80s we had a guy we called juice and we took it to everyone in our area including tc on the creekbank. good luck to ya

Come on B-bellz....do you honestly think a teacher cares where a kid lives?? Do you think a High School teacher cares itf a kid lives in Rome , Hickman, Pea Ridge, Defeated, Dixon Springs, Lancaster???

Do you think a coach cares where a kid lives as long as he /she can help get wins?? If that be the case...how come transfers get to play at all.

That's part of the problem...it's never the kids with the THEM/US, it's the parents.

Fair treatment??? Sometimes fair treatment is kind of like beauty....it's in the eye of the beholder.

For the most part I agree that the older people in the county are the problem with the events leading up to this game and treatment etc but I know from personal experiance how a student from my family was treated when they attended high school in Carthage, the kid was miserable and it wasn't just from students the mistreatment came from it was staff as well, including coaches. All the kid wanted was to experiance the "Owl" experiance that Dad always talked about, well that year was an eye opening one for us all.

Good luck to your Owls this week Termie !!

good point i jus like to dig at tc a little. i played for sc in the late 80s we had a guy we called juice and we took it to everyone in our area including tc on the creekbank. good luck to ya

i've heard of juice, all good things. i played in the late 90's for tc and i'm still mad that we didn't get a shot at the owls! :roflol:

IMO, Gville did everything to win the game except score, that may not make much sense, but that's the way it happened. Our line dominated on both sides of the ball til late when some of the players had their heads down.

I moved back to Gville in 2005, and I believe this is the worst SC team in that time frame, and yes I understand that SC had some players out the other night and I'm accounting for that. Gville will play two more teams in the regular season that are better than SC.

Things have greatly changed in Gville football in the last 10-12 years, and I don't think anyone can argue that, and it was a slow change over time. However, I know that this staff and this team can have huge success this year. The season isn't over but Friday night is a bitter pill to swallow nonetheless.(refs included)

I have faith that they can turn it around and put a whooping on FC this week and TC the next. They just have to make up their minds to do it.

In case I hadn't said it already Go Blue, and congrats to SC on a well played and well coached game.

Croz, did you see my synopsis of the game? I garuntee you that coach should have made that Woodmore boy run wide. Gordonsville could not knock a hole in the line of Smith County for Woodmore to run inside. You think im joking cause im not.

Croz, did you see my synopsis of the game? I garuntee you that coach should have made that Woodmore boy run wide. Gordonsville could not knock a hole in the line of Smith County for Woodmore to run inside. You think im joking cause im not.

Woodmore ran for 175 yards.

jeesh, sometimes I think you're actually serious.

Guest Termite

Blast it all Croz...just when I think you got good sense, you ruin it. :lol: I thought the line play was close to even.I never saw any "domination". Woody is a big experienced runner and got good yardage on 3-4 runs. Kind of hard to say at this point that there are 2 more teams ya'll play that are better than SC. If they are.....that would be reason for concern for the big blue.

Stop and think about what you just said....Worst team SC has had since 2005 and according to most, this G-ville team is the best since the 80s. Our worst just beat your best??

u are very sad. the kids played the game. sc record vs tc is better than gvilles. what is your problem u must be a sc reject. and dont worry bout our middle school. when it is their time they will be ready.

Listen pudknocker, Chicken County don't want none of TC, you only come playing TC when its a sure thing. I assure you when your middle schoolers get to high school, they will not want any of TC. Book it. Tell Maynord we got an open week next year, if ya'll could "fit" us in.

And yea ole Dirkson was a pretty good player for ya'll back in the day. but so was Cowan for G-ville.

I also agree that this is the worst SC team ive seen in a decade. Luckily for ya'll...your whole district is down. So ya'll might just squeak into the playoffs this year.