gordonsville@smith co.

pasttiger

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but this is more than just playcalling.

Watching the game tonight and the difference in the athletes, IMO, the score should've been reversed.

The key is that Maynord and his staff had his kids ready to play and they played their hearts out for them.

Plus, they kept running their plays until Gville gave them the opportunity to close the door.

Agreed! we should have won!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

I dont know if gordonsville fans notice this much, but it seems that a few players for gordonsville lack respect for their coaches. Of course I understand with the redundant play calling I would get frustrated to, but you still should not disrespect the coaches the way it looks like two of them were doing. It also looked as if these two certain players did not respect several teammates as well. I realize there is a time to get on to your teammate and try to fire them up, but it looked like after every play in the 2nd half especially once gordonsville got down, these two were chewing out their teammates or coaches. just an opinion. If I'm the only one who noticed I'll be quite.

On another note, SC was typical SC in this game. Coaches making the necessary changes at halftime to shut down the Tigers. Seen it many times in this series. Gordonsville was typical Gordonsville, running same passing routes and same running plays. Good luck to both teams next week and rest of season. Go Owls!

Guys, I really don't have a horse in this race. I'm for G-ville every game but this one. An observation from outside. G-ville is undisciplined. Period. No way should a player show any disrespect to the other players, much less any coach.Joker, your not the only one that noticed. I saw this last year too. It was and is only 2-3 players. I thought that maybe Medley would correct this, I guess not.

Guest Termite

We had overall the better and more experienced athletes, but they had the better team.

Croz, I'm not sure about the better part, but definately more experience. Ya'll have a lot of talent. I really like the Allen and Woodmore kids, and a few others. Coaching, before and during the game ,is what won this for SC. Like I said, if SC gets the lead G-ville becomes a different team. I don't know if it panic, turning on each other or what it is. I said 21-13...and G-ville hit a couple of plays that maybe coulda/shoulda scored.

Good game to watch. If ya'll get a couple of problems ironed out and under control the Blue will be fine. Good luck the rest of the way guys.

(on a side note) I am a little disappointed in the conduct of a very few of our neighbors. Defacing school property (the owl)and destroying some of the kids flags around the field. I know it's just a very,very few, but kinda makes everybody look bad.

Croz, I'm not sure about the better part, but definately more experience. Ya'll have a lot of talent. I really like the Allen and Woodmore kids, and a few others. Coaching, before and during the game ,is what won this for SC. Like I said, if SC gets the lead G-ville becomes a different team. I don't know if it panic, turning on each other or what it is. I said 21-13...and G-ville hit a couple of plays that maybe coulda/shoulda scored.

Good game to watch. If ya'll get a couple of problems ironed out and under control the Blue will be fine. Good luck the rest of the way guys.

(on a side note) I am a little disappointed in the conduct of a very few of our neighbors. Defacing school property (the owl)and destroying some of the kids flags around the field. I know it's just a very,very few, but kinda makes everybody look bad.

IMO, for the most part, especially the first half, we were outplaying SC, but we were shooting ourselve in the foot with penalties and not capitalizing on the big plays.

The kids have to remember that the game is not over when the other team scores. I wonder if they can beat a team from a deficit.

I, like you, think Gville will be fine if they get their issues straightened out, and painting the owl was disappointing as well. It does make all of us look bad.

Stop crying about egos. This was the simple reason a lot of you were convinced that you already had the game won. I thought the Tiger's played a great game. There were a few run plays that everybody held their block and sprung Woodmore into the secondary untouched. I'm sure most Tiger fans don't know this but that just doesn't happen to the Owls much. SC was fortunate not to be down at least ten going into halftime with the turnover on the 1st offensive possession and the missed fg. After halftime, SC tightened the screws a little and opened up the offense just enough to get Nuss behind the stingy Tiger D. It went downhill from there. Great job Owls!!! Hope everybody gets healed up on both sides. My hat's off to the Tiger O-line and Defense. I thought they play a very tough brand of football tonight.

Edited by bigreid

I had a viewpoint for this ball game that I don't normally have. The difference between the two programs is attitude and discipline. I know, in this day and age, athletes are allowed to "show their emotions" more than in days gone by, but continuing to cry and moan to anyone that will listen while drawing all the attention you possibly can is an outright discipline problem. That would not fly on the black and gold sideline.

As for the game, the game was won in preparation and execution in CRUCIAL situations. No way the Tigers should go to the half without any points, but that is exactly what happened. SC took Gville's best shot and turned them away. The Owls make a big play at a big time and the Tigers just kind of slipped away. I don't readily agree with the "better" players argument, either. The better players won the game. They are better for many reasons. The penalties were huge but regularly in this series that has shown up and is because of discipline. #2 had the speed at that point in the game to score without the hole, the PI was the correct call the line judge waited to throw the flag to give the back judge the opportunity to throw it first, and the late hits were just that. All in all, a familiar tune played last night and the Owls did what they needed to do to seal the WIN. The early work the Owls got against tough competition was a factor, as well.

Pretty tasteless for the cheering of a defenseless umpire getting caught up in the play and knocked around. I've come to expect that from a few, but come on. An earlier poster said something about excuses starting early when someone was commenting on linemen being out. I've never heard a game given up on so fast by a few Tiger faithful after just a couple penalties.

Tigers, go win 13 in a row!!

Owls win and start getting ready for LA.

We will find out tonight if the Owl defense is stronger than the Tiger offense or if the Tiger offense is stronger than the Owl defense, simple as that. Both are good and fans will see a slugfest. The owls only have only two players, #5, Johnston and #44, Mckinney that play both ways. This could be a factor in the 4th quarter. The Tigers have two very strong running backs that are accustomed to pounding the ball and if the Owls expect to win, they must be stopped. Two good teams who will have excellent seasons.

1. Owl defense stronger than Tiger offense - shutout

2. Owls wore the Tigers down. Middle of third and the forth quarter belonged to the Owls

3.Did not stop Woodmore, I don't kndow who can, but contained him. Smith not a factor in the game

4. Yes, two good teams that will have very good season.