Joe Robinette

Jeremy Russell

Larry Walker

Nick Black

Nick White

Ricky Upton

Derek Hunt

After 1 & 2, not sure about my ordering of the rest

correct me if im wrong but are you saying that u'd take any of these coaches before Rankin??? If so, then you must take your red and black coke bottle glasses off!!

• Upvote 1

? The Coaches are as about as even as it gets. I know a lot of Maryville folks won't agree with that but Rankin's record speaks for itself.

:roflol:

Seriously...take those maroon colored glasses off for a couple of minutes. While Rankin does a fine job as a coach he is more noted as a team builder and a disciplinarian. When it comes to X's and O's GQ will always coach circles around Rankin. That's just the facts. Rankin has about 5 plays in his offense and that is all he needs. Last year is a perfect example. Alcoa was as dominant as they could possibly be and yet Maryville lead at halftime. Someone must have pulled Rankin to the side at halftime and said coach......you think we might ought to gut them since we are unstoppable at that point of attack? You keep dreaming and I will keep :roflolk: Rankin knows how to build a team and he is a strong in discipline....exactly what it takes to run the Alcoa machine....but he can't touch GQ when it comes to X's and O's.

GQ is as good as it gets as a offensive coach. Especially, in the passing game.

Rankin's offense is basic smash mouth football. He knows the run game well....and I'd give him the slight edge in developing a strong run game over GQ. When looking at the W-L's.......the team that runs the ball most effectively wins a higher percentage of the time.

Rankin has won 4 5A titles with Riverdale. He has been to the title game like 8 times in 5A. He played in arguably the toughest District in all of the state. He's won 4 straight titles at Alcoa. He also had a great record with Smith County and turned that program around. That should speak for itself. I guess building a team and strong discipline works. :roflol: The fact is that's part of coaching too. GQ probably is better at X's and O's but I don't believe its as big as you claim. If you didn't have GQ for a coach. What coach would you want for the Rebels?

DSM...since you started the fray I will leave you to wallow in it. Here is one comparison to think about though. GQ is 3 and 1 against Rankin since his tenure began at Alcoa. If you were to give GQ and staff Alcoa's roster during those four years.....and Rankin and staff Maryville's roster the Alcoa fans would be very happy with the results. IMO Alcoa would have a three game winning streak.

GQ is as good as it gets as a offensive coach. Especially, in the passing game.

Rankin's offense is basic smash mouth football. He knows the run game well....and I'd give him the slight edge in developing a strong run game over GQ. When looking at the W-L's.......the team that runs the ball most effectively wins a higher percentage of the time.

While I would agree with you regarding the running game BC I have watched GQ and his team for years destroy teams with a much better running game. So GQ skews your statement somewhat. Rankin knows how to get the big nasty lineman to migrate to his team and fit in his system. He also knows where the athletes are to support his offensive scheme. He is not a dumb man. There is a good reason he has coached at the schools he has coached at while turning down other more significant opportunities.

BTW.....Marvin is not real happy about you slandering his 14 year old kid and family in a public forum.

While I would agree with you regarding the running game BC I have watched GQ and his team for years destroy teams with a much better running game. So GQ skews your statement somewhat. Rankin knows how to get the big nasty lineman to migrate to his team and fit in his system. He also knows where the athletes are to support his offensive scheme. He is not a dumb man. There is a good reason he has coached at the schools he has coached at while turning down other more significant opportunities.

BTW.....Marvin is not real happy about you slandering his 14 year old kid and family in a public forum.

You have watched the Maryville DEFENSE shut down a better running game. That has nothing to do with GQ'S running game.

BTW....it you want to continue to "stir the pot" with me.......how about YOU and ME get together face to face and finish it.

You have watched the Maryville DEFENSE shut down a better running game. That has nothing to do with GQ'S running game.

BTW....it you want to continue to "stir the pot" with me.......how about YOU and ME get together face to face and finish it.

Stir the pot? Just letting you in on a parent's concern over your postings about his son and family. Sure BC.....just look me up.

No...it has a lot to do with GQ's offense. When a Maryville offense out plays a team with the running game you suggest it has everything to do with your statement. GQ's running game is fine but his offense if multi-dimensional. Much different than a run oriented team. He can, and has, destroyed teams with the run and the pass.

Stir the pot? Just letting you in on a parent's concern over your postings about his son and family. Sure BC.....just look me up.

No...it has a lot to do with GQ's offense. When a Maryville offense out plays a team with the running game you suggest it has everything to do with your statement. GQ's running game is fine but his offense if multi-dimensional. Much different than a run oriented team. He can, and has, destroyed teams with the run and the pass.

Maryville is dominant when the offensive can run to match it's strong passing game. Example, 2005, 2007. But, when the run game is missing and GQ has to rely on the pass and his crafty bag of tricks, it is still not typically enough. Example, 2008, 2009.

BTW.....when you going to show up at the BOH "liar's club"? That way, I don't have to "chase ya" STARS and Scots50 can hold you down! :thumb:

BC, Leave the "meet me at recess" posts to Bladerunner , he's the resident tuff guy . :roflol:

Rankin is a great Coach and a perfect fit for Alcoa , over the years we Maryville fans have watched George Quarles outcoach the previous Alcoa head coaches many times , with the Alcoa coach having the advantage with superior athletes several years. Coach Quarles has beaten so many teams with superior talent and speed that it has become a shock whenever Maryville doesn't win against the odds .

Both coaches are great Coaches and perfect fits for their school , but until Rankin pulls a few miracles out of his bag of tricks to beat a few teams that are obviously more athletic and talented , Like Coach Quarles has several times , then I give the nod to Coach Quarles as the Best Coach .