Alcoa vs Maryville

pepvol

The best thing about this game this year is, it's at Maryville and I have reserved seats so I don't have to sit out in the hot sun for 2.5 hours. My neighbors from Alcoa get the honor this year.

Lets Go RED REBELS.

th_apb186.jpg?t=1282592684

According to the weather man it will be football weather friday night! Will this game be broadcast over the internet? 2 powerhouses don't get any better than that! Good luck to both teams! :thumb:

Edited by zebra99

According to the weather man it will be football weather friday night! Will this game be broadcast over the internet? 2 powerhouses don't get any better than that! Good luck to both teams! :thumb:

If you come to this game on Friday you will not have any problems getting a seat.... :thumb:

Maryville ------- Alcoa

QB slight advantage Alcoa

running backs advantage Alcoa

off. line even

receivers slight advantage Maryville

This is my break down of the positions Thursday. Quarterbacks from both team will probably do well. However, I like the fact Alcoa's quarterback is a senior and has played in some big games. That means a lot in a pressure situation. He is also tough as nails. Maryville also will field 2 very good quarterback but experience is where I give Alcoa the nod at this position. The next position was running backs. I believe Alcoa has a good advantage here simply because they have 4 or 5 really good backs. They will be able to alternate players which could be big. Plus each runner is different. You have 3 power backs, one really fast back and a shifty but yet explosive back. Maryville has West who is as good as any of Alcoa's backs but know one else that is proven. That's why I gave the advantage to Alcoa. Offensive line I tossed and turned on but in the end. I believe there both really good. Receiver position was hard for me as well but Maryville has some really good receivers and they all are a little different. Alcoa is good there also but just not as deep at that position. Very close but the nod goes to Maryville. Of course this has nothing to do with what happens on Thursday. Heck Maryville's Quarterbacks and running backs could play better than ours. Alcoa's offensive line and receivers might play better than Maryville's. This is just my opinion on the offenses. Defense to come later.

Edited by DSM10

It would appear that Alcoa has the edge in this one. Based on the scrimmages I’ve seen and the game last Friday, Alcoa has simply reloaded! Tallant and Isom are an impressive game breaking combination. Alcoa’s D-line had Oak Ridge’s quarterback running for his life. Solid linebackers and speed at the corners tells me it will be tough to score on the Tornadoes. Running Backs are big and fast. I just don’t see any weaknesses.

The only possible kink in the armor I saw was when Oak Ridge’s quarterback rolled out he seemed to be able to find an open man. If Maryville can elude the rush, I believe they can move the ball through the air. They may have to set up the run with the pass.

Ultimately, the Rebels must slow down the Tornado offense. Right now that appears to be an impossible task. We’ll be lucky not to lose by more than three touchdowns.

Go Rebels! Try to keep it close!

Edited by oldhick76

It would appear that Alcoa has the edge in this one. Based on the scrimmages I’ve seen and the game last Friday, Alcoa has simply reloaded! Tallent and Isom are an impressive game breaking combination. Alcoa’s D-line had Oak Ridge’s quarterback running for his life. Solid linebackers and speed at the corners tells me it will be tough to score on the Tornadoes. Running Backs are big and fast. I just don’t see any weaknesses.

The only possible kink in the armor I saw was when Oak Ridge’s quarterback rolled out he seemed to be able to find an open man. If Maryville can elude the rush, I believe they can move the ball through the air. They may have to set up the run with the pass.

Ultimately, the Rebels must slow down the Tornado offense. Right now that appears to be an impossible task. We’ll be lucky not to lose by more than three touchdowns.

Go Rebels! Try to keep it close!

Eye'm wif ewe oldhick76....Mairvul iz green as a gord and Alcouh iz spear-unced and super tallentid...If we can keep hit wif in 4 td's iz whut eye'm hopin'.....Allsew no-tussed ovur 76% are pickin' Alcouh on tha coachT bored..... :unsure:

Edited by STARSNBARS