Alcoa at Maryville - Take 2

Solomon

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE ALCOA!!!!!!!!! Lets go Rebels its payback time. Send these boys packin back across town this year. Gonna be a tough matchup with some shakeup on both teams from last year. I like our chances though. Im takin the Rebels (as always) 31-24 in a game that is close until the end. GO REBELS!!!! I HATE ALCOA!!!!!!

:roflol: I guess the score doesn't help Alcoa's cause. :roflol:

Edited by DSM10

So much for a 24 pt underdog...REBELS you played an awesome game and left it all out there , keep your heads up. Congrats to ALCOA on the win.

There is one thing for sure tonight... there are teams all over TENNESSEE tonight who are trembling at what they just saw.

Edited by GREYRIDER

On a more serious note. This was a great high school football game. I posted on the first thread on my breakdown of this game. That this would be a classic and it was. Both teams showed great composure and determination. Great team effort by the Tornadoes but Vanderbilt really was the difference. This kid is really special. The 4th and 7 play was a gutsy call. I believe that was the first time they had called that play all night. Maryville just couldn't stop the Tornadoes in the end. Both teams will be in Cookeville when its all said and done. Good luck to the Rebel the rest of the year.

Edited by DSM10

On a more serious note. This was a great high school football game. I posted on the first thread on my breakdown of this game. That this would be a classic and it was. Both teams showed great composure and determination. Great team effort by the Tornadoes but Vanderbilt really was the difference. This kid is really special. The 4th and 7 play was a gutsy call. I believe that was the first time they had called that play all night. Maryville just couldn't stop the Tornadoes in the end. Both teams will be in Cookeville when its said and done. Good luck to the Rebel the rest of the year.

Where does one go to buy an Alcoa football T shirt?

When is there going to be an Alcoa documentary? When is there going to be a documentary on Coach Rankin? Look at what he has done with less. I mean how many students are at Alcoa compared to Maryville? How many Players? it seemed Alcoa had a lot of players - playing both ways!

Great job Alcoa! No wonder they have so many D1 players .. I mean I may start cheering for KY just to follow them all!

Edited by bladerunner

This was absolutely a great game. I'm showing my age, but it reminds me of one of the many college football games billed as Game of the Century, the Thanksgiving Day 1971 game between #1 Nebraska and #2 Oklahoma. That game also seesawed back and forth from start to finish and was filled with great offensive plays, with Nebraska finally winning, ironically by the same score as tonight's game - 35-31.

Those two teams won their bowl games easily and finished #1 and #2.

It is very possible that both Alcoa and Maryville will bring home championship trophies this year. Both showed championship character tonight and played at a consistently high level throughout the game. One turnover between the two teams in a game filled with such tension! Amazing!

Incredible Game! I am flat worn out from watching! A got blisters texting my daughter with updates of the game! Best game I've seen at the Black Hole. Congrats to all the players on both sides for a heavyweight fifteen rounder to the final bell.

Maybe some of you seasoned veterans can tell if that's the best Alcoa/Maryville game you've seen?

I still have a hard time ranking any Rebels game above the triple overtime game against Central a few years back.

Hambrick is unbelievable! Hambrick in open space = Touchdown

Congrats to the Rebels for putting 31 on the Alcoa D. Alcoa may not give up 31 points total the rest of the season. Especially the first string.

Hats off to Zach Sharp, he put it in the endzone with the wind and against the wind.

Defensive play of the game: When Tornado #81 put the stop on Langley, if he hadn't made that stop Maryville may have scored or at least got long yardage for a firstdown. Great play! (I am afraid he's just a sophmore)

Heads up Rebels, great game! You never gave up! Now, just fourteen more to go!

Incredible Game! I am flat worn out from watching! A got blisters texting my daughter with updates of the game! Best game I've seen at the Black Hole. Congrats to all the players on both sides for a heavyweight fifteen rounder to the final bell.

Maybe some of you seasoned veterans can tell if that's the best Alcoa/Maryville game you've seen?

I still have a hard time ranking any Rebels game above the triple overtime game against Central a few years back.

Hambrick is unbelievable! Hambrick in open space = Touchdown

Congrats to the Rebels for putting 31 on the Alcoa D. Alcoa may not give up 31 points total the rest of the season. Especially the first string.

Hats off to Zach Sharp, he put it in the endzone with the wind and against the wind.

Defensive play of the game: When Tornado #81 put the stop on Langley, if he hadn't made that stop Maryville may have scored or at least got long yardage for a firstdown. Great play! (I am afraid he's just a sophmore)

Heads up Rebels, great game! You never gave up! Now, just fourteen more to go!

Agree olhick...Tackle just didn't get there quick enough to kick him out....I think Warfield is a junior....