Alcoa at Maryville - Take 2

Solomon

PAPA , my personal opinion is that the REBELS are being overlooked in some circles and I will leave it at that. The REBELS are very young extremely positive and more talented than they are given credit for and then there is GQ & CO. We will see tonight , AHS is no pushover for sure. I can tell you this for sure, it will be a barn burner.

GO REBELS!!!!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PAPA , my personal opinion is that the REBELS are being overlooked in some circles and I will leave it at that. The REBELS are very young extremely positive and more talented than they are given credit for and then there is GQ & CO. We will see tonight , AHS is no pushover for sure. I can tell you this for sure, it will be a barn burner.

GO REBELS!!!!!

I think we're having similar thoughts. The only positive I could find coming out of last year's game was that it was a perfect storm type situation for the Rebels. They had really young/inexperienced players at the positions that could be most exploited by alcoa's strengths. I mean, a sophomore d-lineman starting his first varsity game shouldn't be expected to play well against those amazing ahs running backs, right? And yet the game was manageable until late.

Those boys have had a full year to grow up and saw a couple of teams the same caliber as alcoa through the season last year, so I'm hopeful in that regard.

I do think that alcoa brings more talent to the table than the Rebels tonight for sure, but I'm not sure the disparity is as big as it was last season.

I HATE ALCOA!!!!!!!!! Lets go Rebels its payback time. Send these boys packin back across town this year. Gonna be a tough matchup with some shakeup on both teams from last year. I like our chances though. Im takin the Rebels (as always) 31-24 in a game that is close until the end. GO REBELS!!!! I HATE ALCOA!!!!!!

HATE could be taking it a little overboard RR. Remember, this is about 15-18 year olds..... not about you! :wub:

Looking forward to listening to this epic battle tonight! Maryville will be ready and I feel a improved team this year! You know Alcoa will not be overlooking the Rebels! Two of the most feared and respected teams in any classification in the Great State of Tennessee! May this be a injury free game as well! :thumb:

Edited by warhawks

Looking forward to listening to this epic battle tonight! Maryville will be ready and I feel a improved team this year! You know Alcoa will not be overlooking the Rebels! Two of the most feared and respected teams in any classification in the Great State of Tennessee! May this be a injury free game as well! :thumb:

greatly underestimating then...

Can't hardly wait for the game tonight. Not really interested in talking much - just looking for a hard nosed, competitive & injury free contest.

Any truth to the rumor that the Alcoa field was vandalized? Hate to hear that. Nothing wrong with a flag in the duck pond, just don't want to see it escalate from there. Though, I guess it would be retribution for the "A" burned into our field w/ grass killer ~1998...