Maryville and Alcoa playing now

THSVikings2004

Again, nowhere have I or anyone else "bashed" the officials last night. I just stated that I dont trust 1 official (in any game) and that outside officials would be great idea for future games.

Come on 74....spill the beans. Who is that official. Don't worry about retribution.....they are getting paid you know.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on 74....spill the beans. Who is that official. Don't worry about retribution.....they are getting paid you know.

I learned after last year not to bring up names on here haha. Of course that was of a player and I know its frowned upon here and that I was out of line. If there is a private messaging system on here though feel free to drop me a message and I will discuss it in private.

Great planning there 74 , now if Alcoa was to lose to Maryville in a close game anytime in the future you've already got the Excuse ready ....... Momma said " Always plan ahead " ! :roflol:

You mean like in 06 when Alcoa lost by 3 to Maryville...At Maryville....Yea I think the only excuse I used that day was "GQ just might be the best HS coach in america". Glad to see you know me real well. :rolleyes:

As far as the refs go, overall they did a good job IMO. I saw at least 2 plays where the ref could have thrown the flag for pass interference but did not, and then when alcoa covers clean and make a great play on the goal line, they get called for pass inter. Clean play, there should not have been a flag IMO. There were 2-3 other times where alcoa should have been called for holding but was not, but im sure there were as many plays where maryville should have been called for holding and they weren't. The refs cant catch every single penalty and do make mistakes.....get over it people. For the game, the better team won, no doubt about it. Alcoa line dominated maryville on both ends of the ball. Alcoa was more physical and a lot faster. I was not impressed by alcoas play calling at all. Inside, Inside, Wide.....Inside, Inside, Wide.... but then again, if inside, inside, wide, won me ball games I'd do the same. GQ out coached Rankin but Alcoa outplayed Maryville. Excellent game, better team won, and I hope both are able to go to state and bring the golden ball back to where it belongs....BC

As far as the refs go, overall they did a good job IMO. I saw at least 2 plays where the ref could have thrown the flag for pass interference but did not, and then when alcoa covers clean and make a great play on the goal line, they get called for pass inter. Clean play, there should not have been a flag IMO. There were 2-3 other times where alcoa should have been called for holding but was not, but im sure there were as many plays where maryville should have been called for holding and they weren't. The refs cant catch every single penalty and do make mistakes.....get over it people. For the game, the better team won, no doubt about it. Alcoa line dominated maryville on both ends of the ball. Alcoa was more physical and a lot faster. I was not impressed by alcoas play calling at all. Inside, Inside, Wide.....Inside, Inside, Wide.... but then again, if inside, inside, wide, won me ball games I'd do the same. GQ out coached Rankin but Alcoa outplayed Maryville. Excellent game, better team won, and I hope both are able to go to state and bring the golden ball back to where it belongs....BC

I think the old football saying goes "You can call a hold on every play if you really want to". As far as the pass interference goes I think its just an opinion play. Some think it was PI some dont. I agreed with the call from my vantage point.

Then quit whining about the refs , and say good game guys , good luck , see ya next year .... see how easy it is ?

Please show me where I "whined" about the refs? Because I stated I dont trust one because if he made a "close call" it could put a game in question (to fans of course) and neither program deserve that? I didnt say he DID make a call last night. Big games deserve outside officials. I dont understand how many times I have to say that for you to understand what Im saying. I can say it slower to you if you like. Big....games...deserve...outside...officials. Was that better?

Like I said ... I can only imagine how this board would be right now if Alcoa hadn't made the 4th and 7 . I wonder if the Alcoa fans would have been as gracious in defeat as the Maryville fans are today ? Nothing like a loss to show the true colors of a Champion .

pep, Alcoa fans have been gracious in the face of defeat (to Maryville) countless times but the shot you took about the "true colors of a champion" is uncalled for. Year in and year out Alcoa fans (since you lump us all together) take our beating from MHS, lick our wounds and become some very supportive fans of both teams as they finish championship runs. BTW I remember after last year's loss how several Alcoa fans, myself included, rallied to Maryville's defense when many Rebel fans counted them out (I believe that you were among that contingent). That speaks about "true" colors to me :thumb:

pep, Alcoa fans have been gracious in the face of defeat (to Maryville) countless times but the shot you took about the "true colors of a champion" is uncalled for. Year in and year out Alcoa fans (since you lump us all together) take our beating from MHS, lick our wounds and become some very supportive fans of both teams as they finish championship runs. BTW I remember after last year's loss how several Alcoa fans, myself included, rallied to Maryville's defense when many Rebel fans counted them out (I believe that you were among that contingent). That speaks about "true" colors to me :thumb:

I dont see how anyone can ever count Maryville out of anything. I think the 2000 team pretty much showed that as long as they get to the playoffs they're a threat. I do remember many last year saying the Rebels would lose to Catholic and a few others (maybe Farragut and Oak Ridge?). As long as GQ is on the sidelines you can bet money on Maryville and still feel safe in your wager.

Well 74 , I saw an unbelievable game for the ages last night , you saw a couple of calls not go your way , so now this game has become all about the refs ...... not where i would have wanted to focus on if I had been in your shoes ...

Winners don't make excuses , they just go out and try that much harder when they do have a setback , I'm just as proud of the way Maryville's young men handled the loss last night as I am in any of the previous State Championships ... being a Champion is not based only on your win / loss record .

I'm done with this , Congrats to Alcoa , this may well be the best team they've ever had , I had to laugh when I saw Rankin mention the Big School vs Little School once again .... Alcoa more than Matches up numbers wise with any big school in the state.

, I had to laugh when I saw Rankin mention the Big School vs Little School once again .... Alcoa more than Matches up numbers wise with any big school in the state.

and said nothing about 37%. I was talking to an Alcoa coach two weeks ago and he smiled....said I was a tad low on that 37%... :lol:

Rankin is a great excuse maker...and I have no idea why.