Maryville and Alcoa playing now

THSVikings2004

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just let the record show not once did I say/type the officiating was bad last night. Just that I wanted unbiased officials for this game. Without mentioning any names but I think we all know that there is one official that is almost always on the sidelines that nobody feels comfortable with him over there.

Geez 74 , you just can't help it can you .... I can only imagine the whining that would have went on if Alcoa hadn't made the TD when it was 4th and 7 yds . Here you are whining and you won .... WOW .

Geez 74 , you just can't help it can you .... I can only imagine the whining that would have went on if Alcoa hadn't made the TD when it was 4th and 7 yds . Here you are whining and you won .... WOW .

There's no whining being done. And for your information 2 years ago when Alcoa lost at Maryville the words out of my mouth were "I dont think anyone can beat a GQ coached team". I have the most respect for Maryville football team and their coaching staff. They are/were (however you wanna look at it) the definition of a "well oiled maching". You can take everything I say out of context all you need to make yourself feel better or start arguments or whatever you feel you need to do. 1) I never said the officiating was bad last night. 2) I want outside officials for big games (much like in the playoffs) and 3) I dont trust that certain sideline official in any games played by Maryville.

This is a case study in perspective....

alcoa fans were losing their minds over the flag not being thrown sooner and perceived that the ref didn't want to throw one against Maryville.

I, as a Maryville fan, was losing my mind at the "late flag" perceiving that it was thrown in response to the alcoa crowd reaction.

I guess we all wear "[insert team color here]-colored" glasses sometimes.

Great perspective papa :thumb:

I came on today in hopes of getting everyone's views of the game. Instead, page after page of whining about refs from both sides. In my opinion, the refs did not change the outcome of the game. Good calls and bad calls will always be part of this great game. It is too bad that so much emphasis is on the refs instead of the play of the boys. Great game both teams!

There's no whining being done. And for your information 2 years ago when Alcoa lost at Maryville the words out of my mouth were "I dont think anyone can beat a GQ coached team". I have the most respect for Maryville football team and their coaching staff. They are/were (however you wanna look at it) the definition of a "well oiled maching". You can take everything I say out of context all you need to make yourself feel better or start arguments or whatever you feel you need to do. 1) I never said the officiating was bad last night. 2) I want outside officials for big games (much like in the playoffs) and 3) I dont trust that certain sideline official in any games played by Maryville.

Like I said ... I can only imagine how this board would be right now if Alcoa hadn't made the 4th and 7 . I wonder if the Alcoa fans would have been as gracious in defeat as the Maryville fans are today ? Nothing like a loss to show the true colors of a Champion .

I assume we're referring to the play where #4 kinda superman'd the pile close to the end of the game. I cringed when he did it. It was a borderline call to me. There were players/officials in my way so I didnt see if he "piled on" or just skidded as he went over.

That's the play :thumb: He didn't pile on or run into the crowd he as you said "kinda superman'd it"

I came on today in hopes of getting everyone's views of the game. Instead, page after page of whining about refs from both sides. In my opinion, the refs did not change the outcome of the game. Good calls and bad calls will always be part of this great game. It is too bad that so much emphasis is on the refs instead of the play of the boys. Great game both teams!

MHS82 , both sides ? Sorry MHS82 , all i've seen from the Maryville fans has been them defending the refs .

Again, nowhere have I or anyone else "bashed" the officials last night. I just stated that I dont trust 1 official (in any game) and that outside officials would be great idea for future games.

Edited by Tornado74