Maryville and Alcoa playing now

THSVikings2004

It was mentioned (by a Maryville fan) either in this thread or another one of the 5 AHS-MHS threads that the ref was reaching for the flag. From the position of Alcoa fans you cant see him reaching for the flag. It was clearly a false start though, even Stevie Wonder could see that. Im just glad it was called.

I agree that it was a false start and that the flag was deserved. I was simply trying to bring a little common ground to that discussion by stating that it's easy enough for different folks to see the same things different ways based on perspective (both emotional and physical).

I thought it was a well-called game.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunshine?....so you want to get into a name calling contest? :lol:

So you are going on the words of losers......I see. As an Alcoa fan you should know better than that. FYI that was an extra point that the kicker missed. Trying to prove a point through another team that lost? Like I said....enjoy the win. Darn fine team Alcoa has this year.

So you're saying when a ball goes between two uprights that its a miss? Got ya! So technically it was 35-28 last night right?

My thoughts on the game:

1. Super high school game..... actually one of the few times the Alcoa/Maryville game actually lived up to the hype. Several times in the recent past, there was enormous hype coming into the game and then the game wasn't very competitive.

2. Complaints about officiating are way off the mark. I thought it was very well officiated. The only truly obvious missed call was the fumble in the first quarter and I've seen NFL officals miss that kind of call at game speed only to be proven wrong by slow motion replay.

3. I would like to see what kind of numbers Isom of Alcoa would put up if he played in a throwing system like Maryville's. That kid is an amazing looking high school athlete. GQ would get that kid 8 to 10 touches a game if he played for Maryville. I know they won't, but if they wanted to, Alcoa could go the rest of the year without throwing a pass and still wipe out every team they played. Isom will prove this year that stats don't always tell the tale about how good of a player you are.

Sorry sunshine, I only go to one Maryville game a year. Im just going by what I read here about "special treatment" I never said beyond a shadow of a doubt that it does or doesnt happen because I dont bare witness to it so please dont try to put words into my mouth. However, You might wanna ask William Blount fans about a certain Field Goal/Extra point.......

Oh my gosh.... 74, Let's not dig up old bone.... That was one of those calls that I'd hate to have had to make... As far as the pass interference call. To me it looked like a good defensive play but if ML was in his normal place in the stands I'd have to say he had as good of a look as anyone...

As I said earlier in my "hater" post.. This was one of the best games I ever saw.. It ranks up there with the WB/Maryville game from three years ago... Everyone got their money's worth...

tpoole12

Sunshine..... :roflol::roflol::roflol:

Edited by tpoole12

The PI by the end zone was a terrible call, also should have running into the kicker, not roughing. I thought the fumble was to close to call. A ref in that case is in a lose lose situation!

Not 100% sure but I think there is not a "running into the kicker" penalty in the high school rules. I think it's roughing regardless of the severity.

Refs call them like they see them. They do the best they can just like the rest of us would if we would have been officiating this game or any other game. They do miss stuff and make mistakes we all would and do for that matter. My opinion is this was a great game between two outstanding high school teams that will go on after this game learn from it and grow from it and contnue to improve! Both teams have the players and coaches that will do just that. Really enjoyed this classic game last night all the way up here in Dublin Ohio! Thanks to both teams! Best wishes the rest of the way! :thumb:

Just let the record show not once did I say/type the officiating was bad last night. Just that I wanted unbiased officials for this game. Without mentioning any names but I think we all know that there is one official that is almost always on the sidelines that nobody feels comfortable with him over there.

It's Amazing to me how hated Maryville really is . When you want to see a team beat so bad you start seeing everything as an advantage to that team . The Ref took too long to get his hankie out ... my , my obvious cheating going on here . Alcoa should be above this Crap , let all of the Blount co. & Knoxville fans keep hating and making excuses about referees and homecooking or whatever . Last year after we beat Farragut at Farragut I realized why a lot of teams in this area other than Maryville and Alcoa never win anything . When your entire Fanbase and everyone associated with your program whines and moans about every little call , or tuition student or whatever else they can come up with , the entire program is built around EXCUSES ..... and EXCUSES doesn't make your team better , hard work , and dedication does .

There's no excuse from this Maryville fan , we got beat by a better team last night , now we have to go and work that much harder to get better and maybe next year we can rise to the level that Alcoa has worked hard to get to ..... sounds like a lot better idea than whining about missed holding calls or homecooking doesn't it ?

Just let the record show not once did I say/type the officiating was bad last night. Just that I wanted unbiased officials for this game. Without mentioning any names but I think we all know that there is one official that is almost always on the sidelines that nobody feels comfortable with him over there.

Haul some in frum Chattanoogie?