Maryville and Alcoa playing now

THSVikings2004

Yes he is correct GREYRIDER. Maryville did get some home cookin. There was a fumble by West in the 1st quarter. The personal foul on the kicker. That was an academy award there. The pass interference was a very questionable call. Warren scored on the touchdown that they put on the 2 yard line. The motion penalty that took 4 second on a flag. That was obvious to everyone and it seemed as though they didn't want to throw a flag. If you watch the reply you can decide for yourself but the announcers basically said the same thing. I'm not going to try to throw a downer on the game but to say BS well that's BS. Ask someone that's not bias what they think?? TORNADO PRIDE BABY!!! :popcorneater:

Without the need to break it all down, it was a great game for both sides, Isay BS. You could have put saddles on some of our receivers last night as well , WAS IT A DEAL BREAKER? No. Enjoy your victory.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:roflol: When you win pepvol is not whining. Just stating the obvious. the game was on T.V. So people can decide for themselves on those calls. Why don't you ask someone that's not biased about the game and get their take on those calls? :roflol:

Okie Dokie DSM10...Ewe nose eye'm unby-issed.. We printid up a severull green picthurs ov An-Druw Jacksun (frash 20's) fer tha refs....Butt eye guess knot enuff....We could'unt nevur git tha refs two call holdun on tham toss sweaps....We even give 'em free Barbie Que sammiches (home cookin') and that steal wood'unt enuff....Next yeer we'll haiv moore than enuff green pitchurs (maybee we'll chainge two Bin Franklins) and maybee we'll stretch GQ's lead ovur Gary a little.... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Maryville Deff. has the pieces to the puzzle to be an excellent team which I believe will happen! The Rebs have some serious speed at the skill spots on offense! All I have to say after that game last night is watch out! Coach Q will have them ready! What a class act Coach Q is! Have a ton of respect for him as a coach and a person! So refreshing to see that in this day and age! The Rebs D will become very sound as well! Best wishes to you guys the rest of the way! :thumb:

Without the need to break it all down, it was a great game for both sides, Isay BS. You could have put saddles on some of our receivers last night as well , WAS IT A DEAL BREAKER? No. Enjoy your victory.

Our? Central did not .Play. But there was also a missed call early in the first when Maryville fumbled the ball but the home town refs did not see..

Always knew you were a hater TP.

Oh nay nay ML..Sorry you feel that way... There are to many kids I know on both teams for me to be a hater.... of either... I contribute money to most of the youth programs... (your's included)

I will be pulling for the Rebels the rest of the way except for the WB game but I think we both can guess that outcome....

If it was the feed the machine comment that makes me a hater then you need to know whom it was directed. There is a certain individual whom I know that is Rebel fan that tells me that at least a hundred times a year. They guaranteed me that Maryville would win last night. I told him I thought it was to close to call... I know they read coacht... say's they don't post but I don't think so....

Anyway .. Good luck tomorrow against Rockford

tpoole12

aka "hater"

Well I guess I have to say the same thing I said after this game last year: congratulations alcoa on an undefeated season and another state championship.

That will be the last nice thing I say to the tornados for at least 12 more months.

I think I must have seen a different game than a lot of people. Alcoa is a great team, with several amazing players. They were better at EVERY position on the field, in my opinion, except for kicker(s). #4 is one of the best tackling defensive backs I've ever seen. He reminds me of Greg Cooper. #2 is a GREAT fullback. I'd like to see him in orange and white someday. The Rebels just couldn't bring him down without a full committee. The tailback made the difference in the game. He found open field like it was his only job.

I think most will agree with me on the above, but here's where I saw things differently...I don't see this Maryville team bringing home a gold ball without finding some answers. I know it was the first game of the season, but tackling in a lot of cases was poor, timing seemed off, the QB didn't seem in control all the time, and there's not a go-to back (and yes I love Jacob West, but he's not a true power back) in short yardage situations.

I worry because I don't think Alcoa was the best team MHS played last year, and I don't think they will be this year either. We may have already seen the best players we'll see all season, but we've still got some really strong teams in the future. I never doubt GQ, but I think aspiring to the accustomed level of success for the Rebels this season will be no small undertaking.

Congrats to Alcoa , they have a great team . What a great epic game . DSM10, You have no need to whine about the refs , champions don't do that .... leave that to the County schools .... Ya , Tpoole12 , expected better from you . Now you can end the little charade you had going about pulling for Maryville also . Maybe you need to pay more attention to how Maryville & Alcoa deal with a loss , we got beat by a better team tonight , so now we go out and try to get better , not whine about a ref , or dodge a 3A team like others do .

I missed the call on the field goal so I cant give an opinion on it. The ref did seem to not want to throw the flag on the false start when the running back jumped before the snap. He seemingly just stood there and hoped nobody saw it until the crowd went into and uproar and then he threw the flag. The Pass Interference from eye sight alone looked like a penalty. In the stands it look like the defender got to the Receiver before the ball did in which...its a penalty.

Also I still dont understand why we dont get outside officials for this game. Every year we see the same guy on the sidelines who is an absolute homer for Maryville football. He's made bad calls in the past and I hope he never changes the outcome of a ball game because of his homerism. Both of these teams are too talented and too respected to have that burden put on them.

Maryville Deff. has the pieces to the puzzle to be an excellent team which I believe will happen! The Rebs have some serious speed at the skill spots on offense! All I have to say after that game last night is watch out! Coach Q will have them ready! What a class act Coach Q is! Have a ton of respect for him as a coach and a person! So refreshing to see that in this day and age! The Rebs D will become very sound as well! Best wishes to you guys the rest of the way! :thumb:

And I thought Alcoa won this game :?:

A play comes to mind when an Alcoa player submarined into the pile on a ball carrier well after the play was over and no call was made. Spoke to one of the kicker's parents this morning, definitely took a pretty good lick on the roughing call. Like any close game there are calls you wonder about. Ironic it is the winning team doing all the whinning though.

Edited by mhs

A play comes to mind when an Alcoa player submarined into the pile on a ball carrier well after the play was over and no call was made. Spoke to one of the kicker's parents this morning, definitely took a pretty good lick on the roughing call. Like any close game there are calls you wonder about. Ironic it is the winning team doing all the whinning though.

Did you see Maryville fumble in the first quarter? They gave the ball back to Maryville. it was most def a fumble.

Well I guess I have to say the same thing I said after this game last year: congratulations alcoa on an undefeated season and another state championship.

That will be the last nice thing I say to the tornados for at least 12 more months.

I think I must have seen a different game than a lot of people. Alcoa is a great team, with several amazing players. They were better at EVERY position on the field, in my opinion, except for kicker(s). #4 is one of the best tackling defensive backs I've ever seen. He reminds me of Greg Cooper. #2 is a GREAT fullback. I'd like to see him in orange and white someday. The Rebels just couldn't bring him down without a full committee. The tailback made the difference in the game. He found open field like it was his only job.

I think most will agree with me on the above, but here's where I saw things differently...I don't see this Maryville team bringing home a gold ball without finding some answers. I know it was the first game of the season, but tackling in a lot of cases was poor, timing seemed off, the QB didn't seem in control all the time, and there's not a go-to back (and yes I love Jacob West, but he's not a true power back) in short yardage situations.

I worry because I don't think Alcoa was the best team MHS played last year, and I don't think they will be this year either. We may have already seen the best players we'll see all season, but we've still got some really strong teams in the future. I never doubt GQ, but I think aspiring to the accustomed level of success for the Rebels this season will be no small undertaking.

Papa....you are 100% correct. There are several issues with this Maryville team. Alcoa obviously had to many athletes again for Maryville to over come though they were one play away from winning that game. Gaylor had a great game and his defense played well considering the difference in talent. On the 4th and 7 Maryville nailed the defensive call only to be beat by an athlete making a heck of an athletic play. I was more impressed this year than past with Alcoa's coaches. Their play calling was much better IMO and the 4th down call was excellent....get the playmaker in space and let him make a play. Maryville's QB will mature as will the offense. Tough game to start your career out with but I think he played better than some think. Missed a couple of long balls but the TD pass to Langley was a great throw and catch.

IMO....this is Alcoa's best team I have witnessed though I was living out of state when they had the great run in the late 80's. Certainly better than last years team. Alcoa's defensive coaches did a great job preparing and was very impressed with how well they covered the Maryville WR's and was all over many of the typical successful patterns Maryville runs.

The worm turns next year as Maryville fans start witnessing a run of very solid and athletic classes coming through. A lot of young kids out there last night and more to come as the year progresses. I am having a good laugh at the Alcoa fans crying about the refs....just incredible. The interference was absolutely correct. The ref that was calling the procedure penalty was struggling getting the flag out of his pocket...but I had a different angle and view so I understand why their stands didn't see that. As for the fumble....maybe it was but in the heat of the action and close calls it is easy to miss that. Coming from experience it is typically much easier to see something from afar than on top of it. Just how it is. Didn't see the roughing the kicker incident but I do know you can't touch the kicker during the kick unless you are blocked into him. A lot of holding on Maryville's defensive ends but no calls on holds are typical in high school football and I am sure Maryville got away with their share. Actually....I thought the officials did a good job letting them play.

Great game and much better than I expected. I had Maryville losing by at least 3 scores. Just another example of how blessed Maryville is with this coaching staff. I don't know if we have the horses to make a run this year but I think we go deep and I know we have better athletes this year versus last. It should be fun from this fans prospective!!