Oakland @ Brentwood

MidTennFootball

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Oakland
    • Brentwood

and Brentwood is 38-1 when they rush for over 200 yds and last week bhs had 11 players rush for 298 yds which shows tht oakland is gonna have to stop Brentwoods depth, fundamentals, and skill

Easy with that. Oakland held a pretty good siegel rushing attack to 27 yards. What a minute that was total offense. Held a pretty good Ensworth team to double digits for total yards for most of the game. They have allowed only seven points this year (two straight shutouts). It is not going to be as easy as you make to seem to pile up the yards on Oakland's "D". It is fast and physical. I think what you meant to say was that Brentwood's depth, fundamentals and skill are going to have to find away to move the ball against one of the best, if not best, defenses in the state. Good luck with that.

Edited by milo118

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last year oakland won 27-7 in a 4th qurater full of bad calls. bhs had a pick on the 12 yd line tht was clearly in bounds tht they called off and lead to an oakland TD then bhs recovered an onside kick tht was called off by bome blind referee and if the right calls would have been made Brentwoods 2 minute offense would have made 4 a fun finish. ohs's RB is the same as last year all they have is power, iso, strong toss, boot, and little short passes. Brentwood will slow the oakland Dline down by freezing them on 4th downs, and making them cover option rb, qb, and pitch, as well as the homerun ball. and they r physical but not fundamentally sound enough to do tht

Wow I mean since our offense is so easy, we must be playing a bunch of scrubs that has led to our 27-4 record under Coach McDaniel. I guess we just got lucky last year, eh? All i just heard were ifs ifs, and more ifs. Your depth will count for nothing against Oakland, as they just as deep as any team in the state, being led by a senior class that is 30+ strong. You guys rushed for only 75 yards against Smyrna, a defense that is comparable when your talking about skill and speed. If you guys rush for 200, you will have done something that MAYBE 2-3 teams have done in the mcdaniel era.

Wow I mean since our offense is so easy, we must be playing a bunch of scrubs that has led to our 27-4 record under Coach McDaniel. I guess we just got lucky last year, eh? All i just heard were ifs ifs, and more ifs. Your depth will count for nothing against Oakland, as they just as deep as any team in the state, being led by a senior class that is 30+ strong. You guys rushed for only 75 yards against Smyrna, a defense that is comparable when your talking about skill and speed. If you guys rush for 200, you will have done something that MAYBE 2-3 teams have done in the mcdaniel era.

Hullo OaklandPatriots,

Just want you to know there is one realistic Brentwood fan out there. If we rush for 200 yards we will win. Having said that, if we rush for 200 yards we will have made a HUGE improvement over the first 3 games. This game is a huge test and a growing experience for a rebuilt offensive(other than Lucas Patrick who is a beast) and defensive Bruin line. I hope we win but this game is going to be tough, tough, tough. The Bruins need to focus on getting better every game so hopefully we get to play one of these Region 7 teams in Cookieville in December.

Go Bruins!!!

and Brentwood is 38-1 when they rush for over 200 yds and last week bhs had 11 players rush for 298 yds which shows tht oakland is gonna have to stop Brentwoods depth, fundamentals, and skill

not sure where you got you stats but official TSSAA stats BWOOD 209 total yards on the ground and they didnt use 11 backs, it was 6 ( QB included )

now, i am a WILCO fan so yes I want BHS to win this one, but i see OAKLAND by 12....

Brentwood always comes prepared to play and they are very well coached but too much OAKLAND -

Hullo OaklandPatriots,

Just want you to know there is one realistic Brentwood fan out there. If we rush for 200 yards we will win. Having said that, if we rush for 200 yards we will have made a HUGE improvement over the first 3 games. This game is a huge test and a growing experience for a rebuilt offensive(other than Lucas Patrick who is a beast) and defensive Bruin line. I hope we win but this game is going to be tough, tough, tough. The Bruins need to focus on getting better every game so hopefully we get to play one of these Region 7 teams in Cookieville in December.

Go Bruins!!!

I dont think Brentwood has to rush for 200 to win, but at the very least, they have to stay balanced. Oakland's defense will eat you alive if you become one-dimensional, maybe not the same fate as Indy and Siegel endured, but it likely wouldnt be pretty. Brentwood's variety in their playcalling worries me and I think it will slow us down some, but ultimately I think Brentwood will live and die with the running game, any Brentwood fan that doubts that, just reference last year's game where the QB was running for his life ( and even that isnt a fair comparison as our defense is faster this year.) I do hope Oakland is able to keep this game down the road, but I fear it may be a victim of this awful playoff system that is in place where teams are rewarded for playing lesser opponents.

Whats the best way to get to Brentwood? Any restaurants out that way worth trying?

I dont think Brentwood has to rush for 200 to win, but at the very least, they have to stay balanced. Oakland's defense will eat you alive if you become one-dimensional, maybe not the same fate as Indy and Siegel endured, but it likely wouldnt be pretty. Brentwood's variety in their playcalling worries me and I think it will slow us down some, but ultimately I think Brentwood will live and die with the running game, any Brentwood fan that doubts that, just reference last year's game where the QB was running for his life ( and even that isnt a fair comparison as our defense is faster this year.) I do hope Oakland is able to keep this game down the road, but I fear it may be a victim of this awful playoff system that is in place where teams are rewarded for playing lesser opponents.

Whats the best way to get to Brentwood? Any restaurants out that way worth trying?

Take 840 to 65, 65 North. Eat in Cool Springs. Get back on 65 N, exit Concord Rd and turn right onto Concord. Road deadends at a traffic light (Franklin Rd, Hwy.31). Turn right, first light turn left (Murray Lane). HS and stadium are on the right.

Good luck Bruins. They have the toughest schedule of anyone in Region 7.

Name names of players that we have taken from Centennial. I bet you can't do it. Quit making false remarks.

Talk to Wayne Howell. He is the recruiting coordinator for FHS. He knows which Centennial kids he gave the paperwork and the right words to to get them to Franklin.

It is inappropriate to name student names on this topic. Completely appropriate to anme the adult that is doing it.