Signal Mtn vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate says the Pirates lost safety=T.Rob. Corner- M. Jones and Nose Guard-J. Blevins from the defense and no one can come close to replacing from this 2010. Granted some others players may have matured but don't look like any got much stronger. OP feels the 09 team would be a 2-1 advantage on winning title. OP ain't saying theys can't do, it's jest the gun powder and weapons fall short so far to OP.

Recon OP agrees with wingman, course the Pirates have

good speed but lack size and strength so a direct frontal

attack jest makes since.

TrainTracks says you been wacked upside that head too

many times old timer....Considering NOBODY throws as

well as SM and every other team we play runs the ball so losing Robinson and Jones is minimal in run support.... No logic at all with that statement.... Blevins hurts but the remaining front seven is VASTLY improved..... Don't try to compare this past game to anygame we played last year because we didn't play anyone like we saw this past Friday...U and Roy must be reading too many books

Edited by TrainTracks99

The Troll seen you fellers play Grundy. QB looks like he's gettin' better every week. He'll be ready for November. :thumb:

Don't know how all this works, but recon we'll be 3A next year as fast a the school is growin'. Recon we'll be in with Bledsoe and Sequatchie. Hope we keep SP on the schedule, but ya'll might not. :roflol:

If it can be worked out I guarantee you Vic would schedule it. Because for one reason the game has proved it would make money. That is the reason SP still plays Boyd when they don't have to. Besides games like last Friday night makes both teams better.

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but there's not much else that can be said. Great game, great atmosphere, and two great teams. Signal lived up to the billing and they are going to be a tough out for anyone in 2A. Their qb was as advertised....what a player! I was glad to see #12 for SP finally get some credit for his play. Replacing a Mr. Football is no easy task. A few seconds before the fumble, which I couldn't see, I told Bossbro that I thought he had finally answered the questions. As a matter of fact, I thought you all could have thrown a little more. I know I would take either one of the qb's Friday night on my team. I agree that the officiating was terrible. It looked like they were going to ruin the game. All in all, definitely worth my $6! Great win for Signal. Respect was earned on both sides!

As for the way SP stacks up against G'vlle and JB.... I hope G'vlle stacks up pretty well against SP (that means maybe we can stay on the field with SM). Like Croz said, power vs. speed, and it's not hard to figure out which is which. JB is more balanced than G'vlle, and has more speed, but their schedule may come back to bite them. I'll say this...I haven't seen Wayne Co., but I have a hard time believing they are any better than these three. If I had to bet, your State Champ is coming out of this group of four. Of course a lot can change between now and then. We all have things we need to work on, except SM....I think you all should just put it in cruise control for a while! :D

It was good to put faces with all the names. Enjoyed meeting some of you the other night, just wish we could have had longer to b.s. Mountain Troll....I like your style. I'll be keeping my eye on you! :twisted:

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but there's not much else that can be said. Great game, great atmosphere, and two great teams. Signal lived up to the billing and they are going to be a tough out for anyone in 2A. Their qb was as advertised....what a player! I was glad to see #12 for SP finally get some credit for his play. Replacing a Mr. Football is no easy task. A few seconds before the fumble, which I couldn't see, I told Bossbro that I thought he had finally answered the questions. As a matter of fact, I thought you all could have thrown a little more. I know I would take either one of the qb's Friday night on my team. I agree that the officiating was terrible. It looked like they were going to ruin the game. All in all, definitely worth my $6! Great win for Signal. Respect was earned on both sides!

As for the way SP stacks up against G'vlle and JB.... I hope G'vlle stacks up pretty well against SP (that means maybe we can stay on the field with SM). Like Croz said, power vs. speed, and it's not hard to figure out which is which. JB is more balanced than G'vlle, and has more speed, but their schedule may come back to bite them. I'll say this...I haven't seen Wayne Co., but I have a hard time believing they are any better than these three. If I had to bet, your State Champ is coming out of this group of four. Of course a lot can change between now and then. We all have things we need to work on, except SM....I think you all should just put it in cruise control for a while! :D

It was good to put faces with all the names. Enjoyed meeting some of you the other night, just wish we could have had longer to b.s. Mountain Troll....I like your style. I'll be keeping my eye on you! :twisted:

Uncle Dave,Powerp, and myself really enjoyed finally getting to know you. We saw Buthchie last week and Cascade11. Glad you got your money's worth and hope the SP people were nice to you. Godd to talk to Bossboro also as always!!! Long live the CoachT buddies!!!!

What'd you fellers think 'bout Coach Price's little stunt holdin' half the team in the fieldhouse, 'til after you'uns had done your walk thing? Your fellas and the crowd looked a little rattled when the other half of the flock come out of the nest.

May have surprised the fans but didn't phase the team. They walked right by the field house when they can in. We are used to teams with more players. It's nothing new for us since SP is one of the smallest schools in 1A. When I siad I was surprised at the depth I was talking about the talent level of the 2nd stringers. SM's depth is better than most 3A and 4A schools we play. SM is after all a 3A school playing 2A football

Don't know how all this works, but recon we'll be 3A next year as fast a the school is growin'. Recon we'll be in with Bledsoe and Sequatchie. Hope we keep SP on the schedule, but ya'll might not.

SM will have to go to at least 3A but I have heard a rumor that SM will move on up to 4A to avoid having to play Alcoa in playoffs. Still be in with Bledsoe, Grundy, etc for district play

I think scheduling will be the only issue when SM moves up. We don't have that many teams that want to play us and from what i'm hearing ya'll are gonna have that same problem next year. SM is definitely a good money game for both teams and a good test of where our teams are. Can't get that playing muffin teams

It was good to put faces with all the names. Enjoyed meeting some of you the other night, just wish we could have had longer to b.s. Mountain Troll....I like your style. I'll be keeping my eye on you!

I'z wunderin' were you wuz, Seven, I'z 'bout to send out the Res Q Squad. Ya better not be looking at me too close, cause my Skillet Slinger gits jelus and might lay one up side your head, Ya Hoser! :roflolk:

I been try'n to get Butchie and Grunt to yak it up some with me, even trolled on yur TC thread a little. Talked to Grunt on PM, but Butchie's dis'n me, just throwin' rocks from the sideline. Lookin' ford to meetin' some of you nice fellers one day, just hope it ain't down by ya'lls crick. :shock:

Sorry, Seven, cruise controls broke. Them Eagles is eatin' raw meat, liftin' weights, and hittin the poles. Ole Roy sez, You think I'm joking, but I'm not. :mrgreen:

I'll say it again, I hope we can have a joint celebration with two state championship teams in December.

I'm copying this without permission, but . . . Here's what one father wrote about Friday night:

As we watched, the teams came together at the end of the game. NO TAUNTING, NO IN YOUR FACE CHEERS. Just two groups of young men, who had just locked in fierce battle, each chasing victory, giving their blood, sweat, their all, Now embracing each other. Offering words of support and mutual respect. Our Boys and the Boys of South Pitt had now become the MEN of FALL.

My eyes again filled with tears and my heart with pride.

Two great endings and ONE GREAT LESSON TO US ALL.

God Bless!

SM will have to go to at least 3A but I have heard a rumor that SM will move on up to 4A to avoid having to play Alcoa in playoffs. Still be in with Bledsoe, Grundy, etc for district play

I think scheduling will be the only issue when SM moves up. We don't have that many teams that want to play us and from what i'm hearing ya'll are gonna have that same problem next year. SM is definitely a good money game for both teams and a good test of where our teams are. Can't get that playing muffin teams

I'z just trollin' thru the district standings, and that sounds like a purty good plan. With a few 'sepshuns, looks like 3A teams are stronger than 4A teams 'til you git out west. And......the Troll's seen a few hurricanes, I don't think I wanna mess with that Tornado. :blink:

Geno, you think Polk is better than Signal?? How is that? Polk lost first game to Bradley and gave up 27 points to CCS last night...This is the game of the year in the East side of Tennessee besides Maryville and Alcoa as someone said earlier

That will be decided Oct 22nd at Polk's house without your refs.......unlike last year. Won't even be close, just remember the 3td's they called back for Polk last year will show on the scoreboard this year.

That will be decided Oct 22nd at Polk's house without your refs.......unlike last year. Won't even be close, just remember the 3td's they called back for Polk last year will show on the scoreboard this year.

Our Refs lol SP has a perty good team this year...but I like it...guess we will have to show you guys when we get up there

• Upvote 1

Man The Chef hasnt been on lately but thought he would give his two cents before this thread is closed....The Chef says congratulations to both teams on a hard fought game....The Chef enjoyed catering the SM boys with his famous clam chowder and hot bean soup before the game on Friday...The Chef tried to get Mr Grider to allow his boys to get in on the free pregame as well but he refused...Lol well The Chef says maybe that was a bad idea cause the Eagles were flying and moving a tad faster at the Speedway...The Chef wonders why Billie Boy wasnt at the game? The Chef hasnt seen him on the boards lately....The Chef says the bet is still on Sir William Whitvegas 21- MC-14...Go Tigers!! The Chef says Goodluck to both teams this Friday! Come by the Chefs restaurant sometime guys...Just tell the ol Chef its on the house and say the magic word "Tiger Nugget" roflol.gifroflol.gifroflol.gifroflol.gif