Henry County (3-1) at Springfield (3-0)

bellgo

To put it plainly Springfield hasn't played anyone yet and HC has only played one team that is good and we saw that outcome. And don't anyone say Humbolt is good because speed doesn't make you good. There are tons of memphis teams with more speed than any team they play and get destroyed every week. Basically our defense is pretty good eventhough Kenwood and NW couldn't beat many single A teams. Sprinfield's is athletic but not disciplined. Springfield will find a way to screw the game up and lose. I have said it all along....HC won't play another team that can beat them til the second round of the playoffs. Yeah, Yeah....Dickson is good.....But unless they come out running the option (2006, the last time they beat us) or have about 4 stud athletes move in before week 9 they won't beat us. Springfield can't run Hillsboro's 2006 offense and defense and beat HC. Good luck to you the rest of the season Springfield but your first loss is about 6 days away.

To put it plainly Springfield hasn't played anyone yet and HC has only played one team that is good and we saw that outcome. And don't anyone say Humbolt is good because speed doesn't make you good. There are tons of memphis teams with more speed than any team they play and get destroyed every week. Basically our defense is pretty good eventhough Kenwood and NW couldn't beat many single A teams. Sprinfield's is athletic but not disciplined. Springfield will find a way to screw the game up and lose. I have said it all along....HC won't play another team that can beat them til the second round of the playoffs. Yeah, Yeah....Dickson is good.....But unless they come out running the option (2006, the last time they beat us) or have about 4 stud athletes move in before week 9 they won't beat us. Springfield can't run Hillsboro's 2006 offense and defense and beat HC. Good luck to you the rest of the season Springfield but your first loss is about 6 days away.

Dickson does run the option! They have plenty of stud athletes too! You must be basing your predictions about Dickson off of assumptions rather than facts. I wouldn't be surprised to see Springfield beat HC. HC doesn't look near as good as they have in the past. Don't get your hopes up too soon about your Patriots.

I had decided to stay civil and have a good week of discussion on this thread b/c not all HC posters are ...hats. However, it is these cocky, arrgant, and ignorant posts like this that piss me off.Every since they finally beat Melrose finally after who knows how long (besides HC fans), there have been these over confident posters who spew crap about how they have won this or that b/4 the games have even been played. The kicker is, you still have not won a gold ball. I will state again, this is not meant to offend the respectable posters b/c I know there are plenty of you, but 1 bad apple ruins it for the whole bunch.

Secondly, how the heck do you know Springfield is not disciplined? Coach Myer has done an excellent job in getting this team in line and he is the kind of coach who can win you a game when the table is even. I am not saying Springfield will win but you better believe it will be a battle.....

Edited by Kevin38

To be fair, If HC and Liberty were to play again, I highly doubt we'd see a 19 point victory either way. HC is not what they were in '07-'08, but they're still going to be a tough out for pretty much anyone they go up against. Still a young team, and I can see them making noise in the playoffs if they keep improving.

I'm just hoping for a well-played, injury-free ball game next Friday.

I had decided to stay civil and have a good week of discussion on this thread b/c not all HC posters are ...hats. However, it is these cocky, arrgant, and ignorant posts like this that piss me off.Every since they finally beat Melrose finally after who knows how long (besides HC fans), there have been these over confident posters who spew crap about how they have won this or that b/4 the games have even been played. The kicker is, you still have not won a gold ball. I will state again, this is not meant to offend the respectable posters b/c I know there are plenty of you, but 1 bad apple ruins it for the whole bunch.

Secondly, how the heck do you know Springfield is not disciplined? Coach Myer has done an excellent job in getting this team in line and he is the kind of coach who can win you a game when the table is even. I am not saying Springfield will win but you better believe it will be a battle.....

When it comes to HC football, that seems to be hard to do as of late.

In response to HenryCoNative, I'll again bring up last year's Clarksville game. Not many people, if any, were expecing them to beat us, yet they did. It's hard to get across to some people that these games aren't played on paper. HC will have to go out, play hard, and stay disciplined if they want to win. Just like every other game. Keep working hard in practice, keep improving, and take it one game at a time. That's all you can do.

To put it plainly, Springfield's opponents have records that equal 8 - 5 with all with winning records. The only losses to the teams Springfield has played are the following: Clarksville (Christian County, KY by 13 points / and Springfield by 21), Greenbrier (thier only loss to Springfield by 28), and Northeast (losses to Pearl Cohn by 21, and Springfield by 7). Henry County's opponents combine for a record of 4 wins and 8 losses. If you used this as a criteria the Jackets win big, but as we all know this game is won year by year on the field. This is not Hillsboro, but the OC and DC are former Hillsboro coaches, and the Special Teams coach is a former Christian County coach. A new attitude, and from watching the Jackets play friday at Clarksville High, a school that beat Henry at their place last year, the biggest issue facing the jackets this year are themselves. Will be a fun game if the radicals dont get carried away on here. Where is your Yanker?

To put it plainly, Springfield's opponents have records that equal 8 - 5 with all with winning records. The only losses to the teams Springfield has played are the following: Clarksville (Christian County, KY by 13 points / and Springfield by 21), Greenbrier (thier only loss to Springfield by 28), and Northeast (losses to Pearl Cohn by 21, and Springfield by 7). Henry County's opponents combine for a record of 4 wins and 8 losses. If you used this as a criteria the Jackets win big, but as we all know this game is won year by year on the field. This is not Hillsboro, but the OC and DC are former Hillsboro coaches, and the Special Teams coach is a former Christian County coach. A new attitude, and from watching the Jackets play friday at Clarksville High, a school that beat Henry at their place last year, the biggest issue facing the jackets this year are themselves. Will be a fun game if the radicals dont get carried away on here. Where is your Yanker?

It was at CHS, but that's beside the point. Yanker will rear his head into this thread when you least expect it. :roflol:

Oh and HC's opponents actually have a combined record of 7-7. Liberty (4-0, there schedule on here is missing some games) Humboldt(2-2) Kenwood (1-2) and Northwest (0-3).

Edited by RedSwarm10

It was at CHS, but that's beside the point. Yanker will rear his head into this thread when you least expect it. :roflol:

If you are a football fan of our district, then you have to give the jackets props to enter Claskville High on their homecoming and stop the option all night, danced their dance and left as gentlemen. Why would the Clarksville High Team not pray with the Jackets after the game. Just wondering when I saw that, seemed a military town could use the group prayer in these times.

If you are a football fan of our district, then you have to give the jackets props to enter Claskville High on their homecoming and stop the option all night, danced their dance and left as gentlemen. Why would the Clarksville High Team not pray with the Jackets after the game. Just wondering when I saw that, seemed a military town could use the group prayer in these times.

I'm not underestimating Springfield. I think they have a good team and I'm expecting a good game. As for the prayer, I don't know enough about the situation to comment. I'm not a religious person, so personally I'm not offended. However, I'm also a military man myself and I would've at least expected some sort of recognition or moment of silence with it being so close to 9/11.

Oh and HC's opponents actually have a combined record of 7-7. Liberty (4-0, there schedule on here is missing some games) Humboldt(2-2) Kenwood (1-2) and Northwest (0-3).

i stand corrected: but for someone to say there will be no more compatition until round two. I beg to differ. You still have Springfield, Dickson, Clarksville, Northeast, and west creek on your schedule. Henry will see these teams equal them coaching, and I can bet you any amount that you dont have an athlete faster than Northeast's Jerrimah Rutledge. there are good teams in this district, but you have not faced them yet. Springfield had played two of them.

Get to the game early for good parking, and watch where you park, or you may receive a bill from the city. Just heads up!

When it comes to HC football, that seems to be hard to do as of late.

In response to HenryCoNative, I'll again bring up last year's Clarksville game. Not many people, if any, were expecing them to beat us, yet they did. It's hard to get across to some people that these games aren't played on paper. HC will have to go out, play hard, and stay disciplined if they want to win. Just like every other game. Keep working hard in practice, keep improving, and take it one game at a time. That's all you can do.

Excatly, you are 1 of the posters I was thinking about when I said "respectable". This game is not won by either of these teams yet; this should be a fun game to watch.....