Oakland v. Riverdale

MidTennFootball

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this storied rivalry game?

• Oakland
    • Riverdale

I remember when this game wouldnt even be a question because Riverdale was so good. Does anyone know what the series record is? Also are any of the backs as good as Ralph King? I will take Riverdale in this one. Coach A has more big game experience and it showed last year.

Yes, that was back in the Rankin days. You no longer have the coach, or the athletes to dominate. Those days are over.

I remember when this game wouldnt even be a question because Riverdale was so good. Does anyone know what the series record is? Also are any of the backs as good as Ralph King? I will take Riverdale in this one. Coach A has more big game experience and it showed last year.

Then explain to me how in hades Oakland won in 2008? Shear dumb luck? Mac has just as many titles as good ole Runner-Up Ron has

Oakland wins going away. McDaniel is a winner who will play anyone, anywhere, evidenced by their 20-0 throttling of EHS and all their five-star players in week 0. Too bad Adeylott won't play those games. Might be helpful as he preps for Oakland and Smyrna.

Can't wait for the "Rutherford County Championship" (which might be the de facto state championship) between Smyrna and Oakland. Have to love those two elite championship programs and their willingness to put D2 teams on the schedule for some great football games.

Oakland 28, Riverdale 7.

GO OAKLAND PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!

"Have to love those two elite championship programs"... Smryna has 2 Gold Balls, Oakland 3, and Riverdale 4. And Riverdale has played for the Title more than both schools combined!!!!!

I've been told never. Someone said it happened in the 90s, but was told that's not true.

One of the things I need to look up this week.

(Of course the years they opened the season with it don't count).

Also, when was last time both were ranked in state?

Should be a dandy of a game and great atmosphere for high school football.

"Have to love those two elite championship programs"... Smryna has 2 Gold Balls, Oakland 3, and Riverdale 4. And Riverdale has played for the Title more than both schools combined!!!!!

Riverdale is a championship program that won't put D2 teams on the schedule. Hence, I wrote "have to love those two elite championship programs and their willingness to put D2 teams on the schedule for some great football games." Hence, Oakland and Smyrna.

I can't speak for anyone else who's a D2 fan, but I will always be rooting for Oakland and Smyrna, epsecially against Adeylott and Riverdale.