Rhea County at Bradley

rheacountyeaglefan

Don't be so long winded. Reading all that blah, blah, blah makes my eyes hurt. Try not to give away the game plan while you are at it

Ok I'll try to cut down on the details and make them a little shorter except this one which is already done.

But anyways here is what I could get out of the films.

Well Bradley is a very solid football team with a lot of their skill guys returning. However, they did lose their offensive line, but the guys that have stepped up for Bradley has done a great job for Bradley so far. Offensive wise Bradley is pretty balanced. They will get in the spread, they will get in the I formation, an Ace formation, and twins open. Bradley’s offensive attack beings with Bradley’s backfield Bryce Copeland #10 (So 5’11 160 QB) Copeland is still a young QB who has improved quite a bit since the last time we seen him. He has an outstanding arm and he is ok accuracy wise. He still has a bad tendency of staring down his receivers. Joining Copeland in the back field is the very solid fullback Dewaun Massingill #1 (Sr 6’0 240 FB/TE/LB). Massingill is a powerful fullback who is a load to bring down. He gets down hill and after he runs over and through a few tackles he has pretty good speed to break away. Starting at running back is Justin Houston #5 (Jr 5’8 160 RB/CB) Houston to me is one of the most dangerous players in the district. As a sophomore he turned more than a few heads last year and so far this year it looks like he could put up some very good numbers again. I like his speed and vision. Houston reminds me of another running back that we seen last week playing for Bearden. Houston will go and play some at slot receiver. Starting at the wide receiver spots will be James Stovall #6 (Jr 6’3 185 WR/DB), CJ Talley #4 (Sr 5’10 170 WR/DB), Caleb Cain #80 (So 5’11 190 TE/WR/LB). Stovall is an outstanding receiver, who has good size, speed, and hands. He is a big target and will see a lot of pass thrown his way. Talley is a good looking athlete. He is more of a possession type receiver. He has very good hands. Cain is a pretty good tight end/slot receiver. Out of the three starting receivers he is the most solid blocker. He is only a sophomore so there are some things that he could improve on. As a group for the receivers, they really don’t block too much, but then again with the speed in Bradley’s backfield the running backs are gone before the receivers can block. Opening the holes for Bradley this year will feature some new faces. On the offensive line this year for Bradley is, Ramon Gomez #75 (Sr 6’2 285 OL/DL), Patrick Benson #78 (Jr 6’3 290 OL/DL), RC Tallent #51 (Sr 5’10 200 OL/LB), Tucker Bolton #54 (Sr 6’4 230 OL/DL), Matt White #59 (Sr 5’11 290 OL/DL), Austin Sanders #52 (So 6’3 280 OL/DL), and Austin Roderick #64 (Jr 5’8 195 OL/DL) . Gomez is a very good looking lineman on film. He has good feet and moves pretty well for a big guy. Benson is another lineman that has great size and strength. He has the ability to create big blocks for the running backs.

Athlete Chandler Bennett #31 (Sr 5’11 207 ATH). I had to make a new section for Chandler Bennett. This guy maybe the most versatile player in the district; literally he can do it all. He is listed as a LB/TE on the roster, but I have seen him line up at running back, quarterback, wide receiver, defensive end, linebacker, tight end, and punter. He can do it all and do it all very well. He is one of my personal favorite players to watch so far for Bradley. He is an all around outstanding athlete. He can run, catch, tackle, he has great field vision. He is very hard to game plan for because he is so versatile and he can hurt you on both sides of the ball.

Defensively for Bradley they run a multiple style defense. They are a base 4-3 defense but I have seen them get in a many different formations. It all just depends on what the other team is in at the time. I really like watching Bradley’s defensive line they are big and quick off the ball. Leading the defense is Tucker Bolton. Tucker is one of the better defensive ends that I have watched on film so far. He gets to the ball in a hurry, and he can fight his way through traffic to make the tackle on the ball carrier. He is a very solid pass rusher too; it will be interesting to see how Little Revis does against him. He has the size and the speed to play ball on the next level. Other guys that could see some time on the defensive line Matt White, Patrick Benson, Chandler Bennett, and Tyler Stanley #44 (Jr 5’10 200 DE/LB).Bradley’s linebacking corp. is pretty good as a unit. Leading the linebackers is Dewaun Massingill. Beyond being a good fullback Massingill plays at the middle linebacker spot on defense. He has the same mentality on defense has he does on offense get down hill in a hurry and fill the hole up. He is a good tackler. He will rotate with RC Tallent. Chandler Bennett will play at outside linebacker along with Bradley Colbaugh #35 (Sr 5’8 160). Bradley’s secondary is filled with athletes who make plays. They rotate in guys to keep the secondary fresh and it has paid off. Starting at corner is Rue Golston #2 (Jr 5’8 160 DB/RB). Golston is a very good corner, who can play both man and zone coverage very well. He has good speed and vision. He has been one to watch on the film. Other defensive backs that could play Friday Justin Houston, Robert Bartolameolli #21 (5’8 160 DB/FB), James Stovall, Korey Green #16 (Jr 5’9 165 DB/WR), and Alex Hopkins #34 (So 5’9 170 DB/WR).

Special teams- The kicker Clayton Steels #41 (Fr 5’10 165 K/DE) is decent for a freshman. He really doesn’t have the strength to boot it deep but he is pretty accurate. Chandler Bennett will be punting.

Edited by Rhea Co.

Sounds like your son doesn't get to play much. Do you honestly think that the coaches would rather lose than play certain kids????

Besides the weight room, the biggest problem we've had is with choosing the right personnel. X's and O's wise, we're really not too bad. For what it's worth, I don't think we have many personnel issues this year. I might throw 23 or 10 (I can remember watching his brother make some monster hits at safety in middle school, and I never understood why we didn't use him on defense while he was at the high school) in on defense every once in a while to give us a little speed in the secondary but that's it.

whining about the coaching staff may not help but darn it makes me feel better. we got kids that can play no doubt we just dont always play them imo

There is a differece in players with talent and skill and players that have the talent and skill and know what to do. I my self want to see the players on the field that are going to get the job done. whoever that may be. I get so tired of hearing about ex players or parents complaining about playing time. Earn it bottom line.

There is a differece in players with talent and skill and players that have the talent and skill and know what to do. I my self want to see the players on the field that are going to get the job done. whoever that may be. I get so tired of hearing about ex players or parents complaining about playing time. Earn it bottom line.

AMEN!!!!!!

okay. look! this game is goin to be a hard fought game for both teams. rhea im sorry haha but the bears defense is too much for that #8 ha... and Their offense is very explosive they may be young but they r ready to run all over them eagles.! were excited about this game. BUST FACE!

Eagles flying high Friday night. #8 take it to 'em baby.

Edited by Eagle4