Brentwood academy ranked 59th nationally

cheezitz

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Brentwood academy the team to beat in the state of Tennessee

LOL, wait 'till the Alcoa people see this. They'll start going crazy on this thread. NO ONEEEEE is better than the almighty Alcoa Tornados, lol.

I haven't seen BA play this year, but a win against Olive Branch is impressive. Congrats to BA on their national ranking!

Is Brentwood academy the team to beat in the state of Tennessee

Jeezitz cheezitz. Do you realize what you have done by saying "in the state of Tennessee" rather than "in Division II?

Put on your raincoat for the deluge of mud likely to be "slung" from Alcoa! "Them's fightin' words!" Even though this is a DII thread and rational people understand that you mean DII teams (in order to "beat" a team you have to "play" the team and since Alcoa currently plays no DII teams....), they likely will get involved. If you have any doubts, look at the "South Panola @ MUS" and "Out of state games for 2010" DII threads for all those "classy" posts by Alcoa "fans" and their relevance to the actual thread topic.

In answer to your question - most definitely YES - BA IS the team to beat. MUS 2010 is an average MUS team (which is still pretty good) but nothing remotely close to the 2008 and 2009 teams (although not as highly ranked, the 2008 team was better). They could even finish 3rd in the WEST (behind CBHS & Briarcrest). It appears MBA and possibly Baylor could be the stiffest competition for BA. Ensworth may come up and bite somebody. Father Ryan, McCallie, BGA et al likely will NOT be factors this year (unless of course one of them upsets one of the others).

National rankings are meaningless when one of us is in them, didn't you know cheezitz?

MBA needs to really get better on offense to compete with BA right now. The defense is there, but the offense isn't.

I do think MBA's best shot, however, COULD be facing BA twice. I don't think BA has ever completed a 2-game sweep over MBA.

Regardless, well done to BA for YET AGAIN taking the mantle of Tennessee High School Football out of state and bringing home an impressive victory. MBA, BA, and MUS continue to be that standard bearers for TN high school football.

National rankings are meaningless when one of us is in them, didn't you know cheezitz?

MBA needs to really get better on offense to compete with BA right now. The defense is there, but the offense isn't.

I do think MBA's best shot, however, COULD be facing BA twice. I don't think BA has ever completed a 2-game sweep over MBA.

Regardless, well done to BA for YET AGAIN taking the mantle of Tennessee High School Football out of state and bringing home an impressive victory. MBA, BA, and MUS continue to be that standard bearers for TN high school football.

I know this is a DII thread, but I want to put my two cents in on the overall "in TN". It is hard to determine who is better when they don't play one another. I think a case could be made for the "best in TN" from a few schools. My list would probably include both BA and Alcoa, but would also include Smyrna and possibly Oakland. Until they play one another, you really never know. With that said, Alcoa fans think they can beat anyone. Yes they beat Maryville, but Maryville didn't win the 6A championship last year and the White Station team they played had just as many athletes as Alcoa. I do believe Alcoa is a good team, however, I don't believe they would go undefeated in the district with the Rutherford County schools... Best in their class yes, best int he state not so sure!

I know this is a DII thread, but I want to put my two cents in on the overall "in TN". It is hard to determine who is better when they don't play one another. I think a case could be made for the "best in TN" from a few schools. My list would probably include both BA and Alcoa, but would also include Smyrna and possibly Oakland. Until they play one another, you really never know. With that said, Alcoa fans think they can beat anyone. Yes they beat Maryville, but Maryville didn't win the 6A championship last year and the White Station team they played had just as many athletes as Alcoa. I do believe Alcoa is a good team, however, I don't believe they would go undefeated in the district with the Rutherford County schools... Best in their class yes, best int he state not so sure!

This is why I personally never go beyond saying who the best FIVE teams PROBABLY are. I wouldn't disagree with BA, Alcoa, Oakland, Smyrna and even Maryville though not necessarily in that order. Unfortunately, even this comment doesn't sit well with certain Blount County folk. Anything less than #1 period paragraph makes some of them crazy.

This is why I personally never go beyond saying who the best FIVE teams PROBABLY are. I wouldn't disagree with BA, Alcoa, Oakland, Smyrna and even Maryville though not necessarily in that order. Unfortunately, even this comment doesn't sit well with certain Blount County folk. Anything less than #1 period paragraph makes some of them crazy.

I don't care if what I say makes them crazy. They need to face reality and see that football in TN exists beyond the confines of Blount County!