Alcoa Zoning Restrictions

matt_8777

I know for a fact that certain schools can:

1. Recruit players that come from low income homes

2. Make sure their tuition is paid

3. Find reasonable living situations for the player

4. Hide all sources of the money that is being paid

5. Act like they are playing within the rules

I am by no means saying that Alcoa is doing this, but it was done at single A high school in west tennessee for years. Their players hold state records(which happen to be one of the recruited players from De La Salle, in Concord, California and yes, they had a 151 game winning streak)and multiple state titles. So to try to use free lunch records to say whether a player is OOZ or not is frivilous.

Edited by matt_8777

Hear ewe go scots.....4th post down ort ta anser ye qwestion.... :popcorneater:

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/69943-heritage-football/page__hl__gerry+bertier__st__15

Thanks Stars. Worse than I imagined. A Heritage supporter. Figures he would support a 6A program that will not even play Alcoa. A stated earlier, this dude has a very serious integrity issue. He is just like the little dweeb in the fifth grade that started fights between people at recess. Remember them? As said earlier Gerry (nice unisex name..maybe my assumption of dude is off here...hmmm ..that would explain a lot) needs to go find another thread to troll.

Thanks Stars. Worse than I imagined. A Heritage supporter. Figures he would support a 6A program that will not even play Alcoa. A stated earlier, this dude has a very serious integrity issue. He is just like the little dweeb in the fifth grade that started fights between people at recess. Remember them? As said earlier Gerry (nice unisex name..maybe my assumption of dude is off here...hmmm ..that would explain a lot) needs to go find another thread to troll.

I hate to even respond to posters like you but in this case I felt it necessary.

1st- The name Gerry Bertier is from Remember the Titans. You know the player who overcame a lot of difficulties after a brilliant high school career. His life ended tragically and he is someone who I admire.

2nd- I was a Heritage fan 5 or 6 years ago cause my former High School coach moved on from my alma mater to coach there. Once again, he was a man that had a profound impact on my life. He has now moved back to Middle TN and is coaching here.

So you can go ahead and poke fun and do what you wish, but I will stay with the topic at hand.

Yet I can give you sources for my numbers and all you can do is say "You're wrong" with nothing to back up your argument except your opinion. :roflol:

EZZZ now '74......Hear are tha figgures Alcouh cent inn on inrollmunt.....

http://www.tssaa.org/newenrollments.cfm

Ewe sed Alcouh haid 513 stewdunts inn tha post uh-bove....Alcouh numburs two tha TSSAA sez 550 stewdunts...Thairfour usin' my best Allin-Wick Rithmatick...550-513....Eqwals....Naught mine-us 3....Carry ovur ye one frum tha 5 (leevun 3...Eye meen 4)....10 mine-us 3 eqwals uhhhhhhhhhh.....7.......4 mine-us 1 eqwals uhhhhhh.....3.....wif tha diffurunce bein....37....wood that be 37%...??????..... :wacko:

Edited by STARSNBARS

That's the argument you wanna use? You wanna take the top notch players from 4 schools in a county and pit them against the best? Do people not realize that Alcoa has to share Blount County with 3 other teams as well? One of which being 6a/4a Powerhouse Maryville? Have we forgotten how William Blount always seemed to finish 4th in their region only to seemingly always upset the #1 team in 5a during the first round of the playoffs? Clearly they must have some athletes in that program. Blount County just simply has athletes. Did you know in some places you can sit on your front yard and hear Alcoa games yet be zoned for William Blount? What do you think is cheaper, $100 a week in gas driving across town to school or $500 a year to just go to a school 5 minutes away? It was previously brought up and completely true. My freshman year in HS I was zoned for William Blount yet I lived off Air Base road......5 freaking minutes from Alcoa and completely across town from WB.

People act like if we didnt have open enrollment that our athletic programs would equal that of Heritage (sorry Mountaineer fans). That's not true at all. The majority of the athletes that come through Alcoa system LIVE and have always gone to Alcoa schools. Not to break it up into a racially diagram but between 95-100% of your African American Alcoa athletes were born and raised in either the Hall or Old Field communities....Both Alcoa zones. 90% of your white athletes were born and raised in the Springbrook and most recently the Green Meadow communities....both Alcoa Zoned. The last I heard Alcoa's enrollment was around 500 students. Do you really think we have THAT many open enrollment kids that play football? Who are they? The Tyson, Warren, Tallant, Isom etc...Those are Alcoa kids.

Then you get mad when Alcoa people get offended by basically calling us cheaters and want us to put our "big boy pants on". Why shouldn't we be offended/upset?

1)We're doing everything COMPLETELY legal and by the books

2)90% or more (probably around 97%) of our team is zoned Alcoa players.

You ended one of your last paragraphs with "If you gave a player an option to play for a mediocre program or a 5 star program, which do you think he would choose" Well I dont think there is much of an argument that WB and Heritage arent on the level of Alcoa and Maryville but 1)You never see either of them bitching and 2)There has been some great athletes come out of both schools, in ALL sports that could have went to a "5 star program".

:popcorneater:

Ewe sed Alcouh haid 513 stewdunts inn tha post uh-bove....Alcouh numburs two tha TSSAA sez 550 stewdunts...Thairfour usin' my best Allin-Wick Rithmatick...550-513....Eqwals....Naught mine-us 3....Carry ovur ye one frum tha 5 (leevun 3...Eye meen 4)....10 mine-us 3 eqwals uhhhhhhhhhh.....7.......4 mine-us 1 eqwals uhhhhhh.....3.....wif tha diffurunce bein....37....wood that be 37%...??????..... :wacko:

Nice try Stars :thumb:

First Ive seen of tssaa site as I didnt use it for my research. As I did mention my numbers could be off a little but how much nobody probably knows except for Alcoa School Board. I find it odd that Alcoa reported a nice round number like 550. Seem more like an educated guess to me, but I could be wrong. Here is the site I was using that seems to give a more technical break down of Alcoa Enrollment.

http://www.city-data.com/school/alcoa-high-school-tn.html