Dobyns Bennett vs. Sullivan South 2010

2000southreb81

Here it is in a nut shell. All the Colonial Heights and Rock Springs people are haters of DB. They wanted Colonial Heights to have no part of Kingsport. Jealous of our history and our sports teams. Also, some other reasons that i won't mention and get a bad thing started. These are the most arrogant people in the world. Yeah,

Jealous? Arrogant?

Arrogant defined-The city just can't seem to understand how poor Colonial Heights would want no part of being in the city. Those ingrates! Simpletons! We, the city, will just have to show them what's best for them, whether they like it or not. Classic arrogance.

And the parents and students are so jealous of the superior city schools, when they get a chance they flock to them? The vast majority of those already annexed have chosen to stay in the county schools. Given the choice DB wouldn't get 5% of the South students. Why do you think that is?

I haven't seen many DB haters here. But there will be plenty of city haters when they get done. That is until we take over the Boards, Committees, etc.

Jealous? Arrogant?

Arrogant defined-The city just can't seem to understand how poor Colonial Heights would want no part of being in the city. Those ingrates! Simpletons! We, the city, will just have to show them what's best for them, whether they like it or not. Classic arrogance.

And the parents and students are so jealous of the superior city schools, when they get a chance they flock to them? The vast majority of those already annexed have chosen to stay in the county schools. Given the choice DB wouldn't get 5% of the South students. Why do you think that is?

I haven't seen many DB haters here. But there will be plenty of city haters when they get done. That is until we take over the Boards, Committees, etc.

Glad to see someone get fired up finally. It's all in good fun. Well, if i grew up in that school system with my friends i would stay if given that opportunity, unless i had the talent to get noticed and play at the next level. The parents are jealous of DB ,but don't flock to it because they hate it or something they fear is bad about it. As far as taking over the boards, it might be a little to late. Read today that more anexing is about to happen with more in the works. So enjoy what little time you have left at Pactolis High. Not all of you people are so bad, i have several friends and aquantances in the South program that are very nice people and i enjoy talikng football with. I wish you guys the best because after all, like it or not, you are from Kingsport just like me. Looking forward to a good game, which i think it will be early, until we pull away. Hope everyone stays safe and plays to the best of their ability. Best of luck. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!

Please go quickly and find game film from DB vs South when DB32's uncle played against Ralph. Or call Ralph and ask him who the greatest D lineman in the HISTORY of UETN is. It isn't even close. Not hating on Ralph, but watned you to have a better understanding of when to use the word "EVER".... Ralph wasn't even the 3rd best lineman the year I am referring to... But that may have been Ralph's JR year, I'm not sure.

OK! Let me get the 1983 game film real quick.

I wasn't there, but I know that Preston was a great lineman. I'm just stating that OVERALL Ralph Nelson made the most of what he had.

Ralph went to a pretty good collegiate team and BROKE their weight lifting records there. Don't get me wrong, I have heard the stories of P. Sensabaugh and know about his talent, but "my opinion" is that Ralph was/is the best 'lineman' from these parts.

I'm not just talking about high school, there are a lot of players that are GREAT in high school...only a few that are GOOD in college.

I am a DB fan like most on this board, this is an un-biased opinion of mine and it is just that..."MY OPINION".

Some are saying the Kingsport area and some are saying these parts or uetn.I'll have to put a vote in to who the best defensive lineman to ever come out of uetn.He plays defensive tackle for San Francisco now.Aubrayo Franklin

BatmanDB . . . Aubrayo was a middle linebacker at Science Hill. So I think we have to exempt Mr. Franklin. In my personal opinion from what I "seen" in this area on the high school gridiron as a "defensive lineman", Ralph Nelson was the best I ever saw.

Aubrayo was a 275 lbs linebacker that was all over the field. He was a beast then and a beast now at San Fran.

BatmanDB . . . Aubrayo was a middle linebacker at Science Hill. So I think we have to exempt Mr. Franklin. In my personal opinion from what I "seen" in this area on the high school gridiron as a "defensive lineman", Ralph Nelson was the best I ever saw.

Aubrayo was a 275 lbs linebacker that was all over the field. He was a beast then and a beast now at San Fran.

I think he averaged close to twenty tackles one year at SH.I was aware that he played linebacker at SH,but since after Ralph went on to college was brought up.I went ahead took away Aubrayo's exemption.I work with one of his family members and they are a class act as well.

Edited by BatmanDB

:)

Since I believe we have the personelle to get past Maryville this yr if that is our Knox area match up, I'll share my thoughts on the game I went to last night. Which is the team I think we will play if not in the title game, at least the game before potentially.

Oakland at Riverdale: 3 OT Win. (NOTE: Riverdale missed close FG that could have won it easily.)

But since Oakland is ranked so high, and getting a lot of the Pub in Middle TN, at this point they are the team with the bullseye on their back according to the so called "Experts" who think DB is overrated and playing in a inferior league. So, there's a perception that DB plays one or two tough games and then cruises until playoff time. I heard one guy in Nashville compare DB to Boise State for those of you that follow College.

Oakland: Great Fast & Athletic D! You can't easily stretch this team around the ends much, but Riverdale showed that if you can stick with a smash mouth style of play and challenge thier front 5, you have a great chance of moving the ball and eventually opening up the passing game in key situations. Riverdale basically blitzed every play, but Oakland was able to sustain and put together enough solid runs. Riverdale also helped Oakland with their "two fake" play action pass plays that took waay to long to develope against a team with Oakland's speed. Thus sacks and tackles for loss.

There is a lot that I could say about DB's outlook against teams west of Knox that I have watched, but I hate reading long posts myself so I will spare you guys.

Roll Tribe!!

sorry for any sp errors, wrote this in a rush......

I just hope DB can win enough games to advance to the playoffs because if they don't then this post will be a real target of criticism. If by some "very remote magical miracle" DB does get beat by enough teams to get kicked out of the playoffs then this will be very sad.

:)

I just hope DB can win enough games to advance to the playoffs because if they don't then this post will be a real target of criticism. If by some "very remote magical miracle" DB does get beat by enough teams to get kicked out of the playoffs then this will be very sad.

Sad would be an upgrade.I don't know what the win combo has to be but TH,SH and South could be very dangerous if we have just a few injuries.I think if we are playing up to our ability and are healthy,making the playoffs should be a lock for this team.In no way would I hold it against any part of this team not to roll to a state title.A lot of people think not going deep into the playoffs would be unaceptable and that is just not fair,given the great teams that are through out the state.I would love nothing better then to go 15-0 and watch every last DB fan be able to watch it live or on tv.Right now there is some work to prepare for.Can you imagine going 14-1 and South being that loss.I'd take it,but would be mad about it until win number 14.

Edited by BatmanDB

Mr. Franklin may have played linebacker some during his high school career, but I know for a fact he played the defensive end position in 1998 agains Dobyns-Bennett. I think that is what is wrong with my head today, trying to chop block someone at the line of scrimmage when the persons thighs are as big as an oak tree trunk is not a good idea, even with a helmet.