Dobyns Bennett vs. Sullivan South 2010

2000southreb81

Very true about not showing up to play .If Bill Gates would have been outside of Death valley last year before this matchup and said I'll give a $1,000,000,000 if you pick the winner right now.Asking every fan on both sides to pick for the money and not with their heart.I'd say he would have still been worth several billion when he paid off.This is very similar going into fridays matchup,with everything turned around

#32 Chris Sensabaugh has had some of his greatest games against the Rebels. Last year was was running thru their line looking for the "awesome" Linebackers, and when he found them, he mowed them over! I look for #32 to have his usual game against the Rebels. I hope he gets 25 carries.

Indians big Indians big Indians big

Oh, new Visitor Side Bleachers will be ready for Friday night... moving all the way down to the 25 yd line. 3 sets of bleachers, not as big as the main set, but enough to hold maybe 500.

Roll Tribe Roll

#32 Chris Sensabaugh has had some of his greatest games against the Rebels. Last year was was running thru their line looking for the "awesome" Linebackers, and when he found them, he mowed them over! I look for #32 to have his usual game against the Rebels. I hope he gets 25 carries.

Indians big Indians big Indians big

Oh, new Visitor Side Bleachers will be ready for Friday night... moving all the way down to the 25 yd line. 3 sets of bleachers, not as big as the main set, but enough to hold maybe 500.

Roll Tribe Roll

Actually that's pretty cool! The rivalry makes this the hands down game of the week in my book. It's actually become somewhat of a tradition for me. So maybe I'll get a chance to try out the new bleachers. :thumb:

Ralph Nelson was a one man wrecking crew. My opinion, he was/is the best lineman to ever come out of the Kingsport/Colonial Heights area.

Me and you both know what the outcome of this game was when the younger Anthony Nelson played.

I love Ralphie but the best lineman IMO from South was Sam Haynie. Ralph was strong, Anthony was big but Haynie could clean ya clock. Kyle Carter and Jeff Templeton were talented too. Those 5 would be my picks for all-time line for South. Sullivan High/Sullivan West the predessor of South produced several good ones: Wayne Peters and Gene Harkelroad are two that come to mind.

Best ever from Kingsport was Hal Miller, high school and college first team All-American and NFL player. D-B has had quite a few good lineman. Denver Crawford who played at UT, drafted by the Packers and was All-Pro for the New York Yankees in the AAFL, Larry Cage, high school All-american played at Georgia, Kyle Shipley who played at Ole Miss, David Steadman who was a high school All-american, played at Georgia Tech and was drafted by the Rams, Jack Fulkerson who played at Southern Miss and was drafted by the Packers. Leon Duncan, David Light, Lee Johnson, Aaron Ferguson, Mel Joseph and Clay Harkelroad were great as well. Jim Beverly from Sullivan North, Tony Williams from Sullivan Central. Ketron and Lynn View produced several major college lineman as well.

Of course Hincke you were quite the lineman yourself, 1999 All-State.

Edited by biglon68

Looks like the Southers are trying a new approach this year. Keep quite and try to sneak up on the Tribe. I haven't seen them this quite in 20 years. Aside from a few DB & WaCo haters mouthing off theres been nothing. Where's all the rant about how bad you guys are going to beat us. I know your thinking it....might as well go ahead and post it.:) Even Mr. Haynie is trying to calm it down by declairing this is not a rivalry. Im not buying what Mr. Haynie's sellin'

I dont' hate DB. I live in the City, and come to most home games, in fact. Have alot of friends who have or had kids at DB. Don't classify yourself in the same "league" as DB. I just don't like you.

I dont' hate DB. I live in the City, and come to most home games, in fact. Have alot of friends who have or had kids at DB. Don't classify yourself in the same "league" as DB. I just don't like you.

[/quote

I thought we were good friends. Man this just ruins my whole day.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Is this not the quietest D-B South gameday thread ever or what????? :popcorneater:

For real. Even without many Rebel comments however look how many posts in this forum. Amazing at the response for this forum. Thanks for the addition at J Fred btw. I may actually try to make it to this game tonight. Out of all the games being played in the area no matter what conference there just doesn't seem like a close one. I hope someone somewhere will witness a close game. I'm hoping me, but I won't hold my breath.

Closest game this week could be Boone - Central..... I know , I know don't bash me just yet. Central would need a few breaks and I do not think they can stop Boone and maybe not even slow them down. But I do think with a couple key turnovers and a favorable penalty or two it could be somewhat close.

Boone 38 Central 21

Closest game this week could be Boone - Central..... I know , I know don't bash me just yet. Central would need a few breaks and I do not think they can stop Boone and maybe not even slow them down. But I do think with a couple key turnovers and a favorable penalty or two it could be somewhat close.

Boone 38 Central 21

What?? :blink: You're on the wrong thread Clown. These two teams have hung a combined 83 points on your boys from Boone...do you really think they care about your triumphant march against CENTRAL. :roflol: