Dobyns Bennett vs. Sullivan South 2010

2000southreb81

GREAT FOOTBALL GAME!!! South came to play and DB without a doubt took them lightly. Graham Clark simple got out coached. He thought his team was going to just bum-rush the Rebels but they were having non of that tonight. The only thing that saved DB from taking their first L of the season was his edge in raw talent and Souths lack of a kicking game. I'd like to also add that you guys are pitiful with your excuses. Any time things don't go your way it's always something other than the other team that caused it. With THS last year it was "we were sick"... tonight it was "our own home refs brought takeout tonight". Give it up for Christ sakes!!! Give up the excuses and give it up to a team that came to play tonight. Two things learned tonight... DB is beatable if you bring your A game. And CS works for Home Depot because he was LAYIN THE WOOD TONIGHT... OMG!!!!!!!!! :o

Well if it's not Crapper # 1 should of known you would be on here slangin your thang! I gave South their props good ball club over there.

Edited by orangeandwhite

Look, let me sum up this "ref" thing that we witnessed tonight. No they didn't cost DB the game. Yes thay did alter the outcome. I have no way of knowing by how much and neither does anyone else. South came to play and never gave up. BUT anyone who was there and wasn't drunk knowes that the score should of been about 42-7. I know coulda, woulda, shouda. Im just saying DB left 4 easy touchdowns layin' on the field tonight. Thats the difference in what the score was and what it should of been. The refs were so bias toward DB tonight that it should be looked at by the TSSAA, plain and simple. I don't care what anybody else says. I am right. The refs didn't beat us tonight.....but they sure did try. That is a fact.

Haynies wishes was for everyone to stay off the boards for this game. I tried to accomidate his wishes. A week of celebacy leaves alot of fighting to do. But, I will just let it go. I wanted to let my Rebels speak for themselves in this one. Jack, you obviously didn't make it to the game if you didn't see the holding. #72 and #57 were the two dirtiest linemen I have ever witnessed play high school ball tonight. I have watched DB play this season and I have never witnessed such dirty pool. You will see it in Division II and NAIA because those players by and large don't have a future. So it's anything goes...and the refs let it happen. In fact, if you don't play that way you won't make it. In Division I you have to learn to be smart about it. But what I saw tonight was two linemen grabbing jerseys and shoulderpads and slinging their opponent to the ground. The holding calls were legitimate. And I haven't seen them do this tactic in the other games I witnessed them play. GC must have told them all week long that they would win this game no matter what it took. It showed. That brand of dirty football will not be witnessed in this state the rest of the season.

DB won the game because they are the better team. And CS's hits to Brent Hubbard were the hardest hits I have ever seen in high school football also. He read the play both times. Pretty aweome...not just the hit...but the read also. BUT...Hub got up both times without so much as a wimper...and came back in the game. Heath's mistake was throwing to a reciever. He didn't have time to find a reciever therefore he should have thrown to a spot...because the recievers were open all night. I was suprised we were able to run on you. It wasn't much but was enough to make it interesting. A DB dad told me this week that he looked forward to the addition of South players to the DB roster. He said that DB was in no way a #3 team in the state. He said that with what South could bring to the table added to DB's historic helping that it would then create a championship team every year. I didn't tell him that a South player will never play at DB but instead just the opposite...DB players will be playing at South. Once it becomes a city school. He confirmed that DB is packed to the gills with no room for more. Common sense rules here.

That said, I am behind the Indians and I hope they get their secondary issues straightened out. I would like to see them go all the way. I don't think that DB played badly tonight except maybe the secondary...I just think South gave them the respect of coming to give them a game. I think it was good for them to have a bit of a test. I admired the respect CS gave his South opponents in his TV11 interview. Pretty classy spokesman. Hunter Jordan made a couple of bad play calls...Southers will well know which ones...but I felt Coach Haynie should be commended for the preparation job he put together. Especially considering what the outlook was at the beginning of the season. Plus...we are without two of our top skill players. I felt like GC didn't go to what South was giving him...the deep ball. Stacy Carter proved long ago that a couple of successful deep balls kills most any heart any team can bring to the table. #1 and #3 over and over will sooner or later produce success. I know, I know...it's not his style.

I and I'm sure other Southers have a great deal of appreciation for the DB posters respectful words in regard to their teams performance against the Indians. As well, this will surely grow the Indians. I hope it grows both teams.

You may not like my comments about your linemen but I feel quite sure many will back me up. As I said, I have seen DB play 3 times this season and have never seen this until tonight. I won't argue the point as I really don't have a need to fight over this game...simply because you were the better team. Rebel Nation

Look, let me sum up this "ref" thing that we witnessed tonight. No they didn't cost DB the game. Yes thay did alter the outcome. I have no way of knowing by how much and neither does anyone else. South came to play and never gave up. BUT anyone who was there and wasn't drunk knowes that the score should of been about 42-7. I know coulda, woulda, shouda. Im just saying DB left 4 easy touchdowns layin' on the field tonight. Thats the difference in what the score was and what it should of been. The refs were so bias toward DB tonight that it should be looked at by the TSSAA, plain and simple. I don't care what anybody else says. I am right. The refs didn't beat us tonight.....but they sure did try. That is a fact.

The NON-SCORES was because of POOR play calling,And a FUMBLE :thumb:

Haynies wishes was for everyone to stay off the boards for this game. I tried to accomidate his wishes. A week of celebacy leaves alot of fighting to do. But, I will just let it go. I wanted to let my Rebels speak for themselves in this one. Jack, you obviously didn't make it to the game if you didn't see the holding. #72 and #57 were the two dirtiest linemen I have ever witnessed play high school ball tonight. I have watched DB play this season and I have never witnessed such dirty pool. You will see it in Division II and NAIA because those players by and large don't have a future. So it's anything goes...and the refs let it happen. In fact, if you don't play that way you won't make it. In Division I you have to learn to be smart about it. But what I saw tonight was two linemen grabbing jerseys and shoulderpads and slinging their opponent to the ground. The holding calls were legitimate. And I haven't seen them do this tactic in the other games I witnessed them play. GC must have told them all week long that they would win this game no matter what it took. It showed. That brand of dirty football will not be witnessed in this state the rest of the season.

DB won the game because they are the better team. And CS's hits to Brent Hubbard were the hardest hits I have ever seen in high school football also. He read the play both times. Pretty aweome...not just the hit...but the read also. BUT...Hub got up both times without so much as a wimper...and came back in the game. Heath's mistake was throwing to a reciever. He didn't have time to find a reciever therefore he should have thrown to a spot...because the recievers were open all night. I was suprised we were able to run on you. It wasn't much but was enough to make it interesting. A DB dad told me this week that he looked forward to the addition of South players to the DB roster. He said that DB was in no way a #3 team in the state. He said that with what South could bring to the table added to DB's historic helping that it would then create a championship team every year. I didn't tell him that a South player will never play at DB but instead just the opposite...DB players will be playing at South. Once it becomes a city school. He confirmed that DB is packed to the gills with no room for more. Common sense rules here.

That said, I am behind the Indians and I hope they get their secondary issues straightened out. I would like to see them go all the way. I don't think that DB played badly tonight except maybe the secondary...I just think South gave them the respect of coming to give them a game. I think it was good for them to have a bit of a test. I admired the respect CS gave his South opponents in his TV11 interview. Pretty classy spokesman. Hunter Jordan made a couple of bad play calls...Southers will well know which ones...but I felt Coach Haynie should be commended for the preparation job he put together. Especially considering what the outlook was at the beginning of the season. Plus...we are without two of our top skill players. I felt like GC didn't go to what South was giving him...the deep ball. Stacy Carter proved long ago that a couple of successful deep balls kills most any heart any team can bring to the table. #1 and #3 over and over will sooner or later produce success. I know, I know...it's not his style.

I and I'm sure other Southers have a great deal of appreciation for the DB posters respectful words in regard to their teams performance against the Indians. As well, this will surely grow the Indians. I hope it grows both teams.

You may not like my comments about your linemen but I feel quite sure many will back me up. As I said, I have seen DB play 3 times this season and have never seen this until tonight. I won't argue the point as I really don't have a need to fight over this game...simply because you were the better team. Rebel Nation

Never said DB wasn't guilty of holding. I said they were not guilty on all the holding calls made against them. And South was getting a pass so often that your whole line started holding in the forth quarter. On on play one of our defensive linemen got thrown down by his facemask. Sensabaugh got mauled after a tackle with the ref standing right over him. I thought the ref was going to join in. There was enough dirty play to go around, trust me. Your "DB Dad" story was pathetic. I would think a grown man could come up with a better story than that. That makes you look weak. I feel sorry for you.

South's football team came to play tonight though. I'll give them that. I can't see how Gate City beat them. Thats just strange. I think they'll beat Tennessee High & Science Hill and maybe a couple playoff games.

The NON-SCORES was because of POOR play calling,And a FUMBLE :thumb:

I think its past your bed time boy. Two wide open receivers in the end zone is "poor play calling". Sensabaugh on a 20yrd. touchdown run called back on a holding call is "poor play calling" What the heck are you, a clay pot?

Never said DB wasn't guilty of holding. I said they were not guilty on all the holding calls made against them. And South was getting a pass so often that your whole line started holding in the forth quarter. On on play one of our defensive linemen got thrown down by his facemask. Sensabaugh got mauled after a tackle with the ref standing right over him. I thought the ref was going to join in. There was enough dirty play to go around, trust me. Your "DB Dad" story was pathetic. I would think a grown man could come up with a better story than that. That makes you look weak. I feel sorry for you.

South's football team came to play tonight though. I'll give them that. I can't see how Gate City beat them. Thats just strange. I think they'll beat Tennessee High & Science Hill and maybe a couple playoff games.

Sometimes the truth is hard to believe. But the truth is the truth. He is a friend and tells me his honest views. I definately admit that South got some free rides...most notably the delay of game calls that didn't happen. As far as Gate City we can't go back. But Knox West...well...one game at a time.

I think its past your bed time boy. Two wide open receivers in the end zone is "poor play calling". Sensabaugh on a 20yrd. touchdown run called back on a holding call is "poor play calling" What the heck are you, a clay pot?

First off BOY,What about the field goal try??BOY there want but one TD called back by a flag.So why didnt they score in the red-zone BOY!!!

Sometimes the truth is hard to believe. But the truth is the truth. He is a friend and tells me his honest views. I definately admit that South got some free rides...most notably the delay of game calls that didn't happen. As far as Gate City we can't go back. But Knox West...well...one game at a time.

Well let me put it to you this way Comp. Unless something has changed if a South student wanted to transfer to DB today he/she would have to pay a tuition because county residents don't pay city taxes. If a DB student wanted to transfer to South today he/she would not have to pay a tuition because city residents "do" pay county taxes. So it seems to me that if a DB student wanted to go to South he/she could easly do that today. I don't see very musch if any of that going on now. On the other hand if the city takes much of the area around South high school that would mean those students could come to DB without paying tuition. And theres plenty of room to build on to DB. Don't think they won't do that. And even if im wrong about all of this, theres no way you could possibly know that no South students would transfer to DB. Actually I already know of two football players that are supposed to go to South next year that are going to attend DB. Correction, thats one next year and another the year after. I still can't believe tha Haynie told you-all to stay off CoachT this week. Man that makes me feel POWERFUL !!!